<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, November 01, 2003

Geeze I haven’t bloged in ages...Time to catch up! I told Anna I was going to bed...but I feel the random need to blog lol...even if I am really tired. And I feel like being detailed...so sorry If I bore you.

The fair was wonderful. I went with a group of nine other friends. (*comes back later because is realizing these events might be a little out of order...lack of memory or order...* but it’s close. So you’ll live).We went on this backwards spinning thing first...which was fun...and we walked around for a while...(yeah, I’m thinking we might’ve gone to the art exhibit at this point not later...oh well) and then the group split up a little because Steven and Matt wanted to go on this one ride (Enterprise) that Corey and I said we’d go on too. The problem was...lol...I didn’t realize exactly what it was until we were in line. I thought it was part of the ride next to it...like, they were one thing...and that was a roller coaster. Steven said it went sort of upsidedown but mostly sideways...so I assumed it was just part of the track of the roller coaster that tilted. I was willing to go upside down for a second or two like it’d be on a loop of a roller coaster. However...Enterprise turned out to be a ride where u go around in a circle...and the circle slowly becomes vertical. Once I realized that...meaning all you do is go in one big circle over and over again...yet about half the time you’re upside down...I realized that was NOT a ride I wanted to do. Yeah, so I’m a little chicken...and I generally have a very strong stomach for rides and such but I had the feeling it wouldn’t be for that ride lol. So I told the guys I wasn’t going. Matt tried to persuade me but Corey didn’t press it...which made me feel a little better...but then as he followed me when I walked off to stand at the gate I felt awful, because I didn’t want him to miss the ride just for me. I told him that and I told him to go...but he said he’d rather stay. I felt guilty for a little while, but of course he always knows the right thing to say. As we sat by the gate, he took my hands and said “Besides, someone has to keep your hands warm” or something like that (because my hands are always freezing lol) and it was really sweet...so I felt much better. Zach and Rachel, who had decided not to go on whatever ride the others went on, came by, and the four of us went on the giant swing ride instead. That’s been a favorite of mine since I was really little, so it was great...and *falls over* we discovered you can poke people while riding on that. We’re so insane...

The next ride was reeeeeaaaaaallllly cool! It’s called the starship. You go inside this circular room and lean against the outside wall so that you’re leaning backwards a little bit. There’re no seat belts or bars to hang on to (random thought because this is how I think at 12:30 AM: if you make that gramatically correct, ‘bars on which to hang,’ doesn’t it sound like you’re hanging from the bar like a monkey bar instead of using it for support?). The lights start flashing crazily and it looks really neat...and then the room starts spinning. I’m one of those people who must hold onto something when I’m in that type of situation (haha, like the Tower of Terror at Disney! I thought I was going to break Matt’s hand off even though that ride rocked!) so I had both of Corey’s hands...not that I’m looking for an excuse to do that anyway ^^. So we’re spinning and spinning, and it goes faster and faster, and then it becomes so fast that there’s a force field. We put our feet against the outer wall, and couldn’t have moved them back down if we tried. It was soooo awesome. It was very strange to actually feel my ears being pulled back and out though, lol...and the fact that when you’re spinning that fast, it doesnt feel like you’re spinning. And then we started moving up and down...which I had been told about ahead of time...but I didn’t realize people went at different times. So if I was up, the people on either sides of me (Corey and I think it was either Aliana or Dave) would be down...so that was a little odd...and it meant I couldn’t hold on anymore...so at first I kinda freaked, but the forcefield was so strong that I didn’t really need something to grip anyway. The ride slowed down...and oh boy, then I could tell we were spinning lol...I was on one of those “weeee!” streaks after that ride...which made the fact that I was insanely dizzy very interesting...I didn’t feel like I was walking very strangely or looked dizzy...but haha, I guess I did considering Matt came up and looked at me kinda worriedly and Corey had to guide me out the door and down the ramp or stairs or whatever was there. Hehe...much fun though.

Oh I forgot to mention too, we saw Tori and some of her friends there multiple times...haha, not anyone else that I knew was going besides our group even once...yet we saw them a lot. It was hillarious...we’re standing in line and all the sudden a blur goes by poking Corey and screaming “I WIN” and Corey and I whirred around...and there she was! So the rest of the night whenever we ended up at the same place, the poke wars continued ^^

We went to the art exibit to see Lena’s picture...she’s the foreign exchange student from Germany, and her artwork was incredible! It was a “scratch art” (steals that term from Dave’s blog since I’m not sure what to call it) of her as a baby.

Next, some people wanted snacks/dinner so we had an...INTERESTING...time with that...haha. A bunch of people took a lick of Rachel’s ice cream and since Dave got it after a bunch of the girls had, Rachel decided that he’d made out with them through the ice cream. And then there was the whole stealing cotton candy out of eachothers’ mouths thing...I have to say Aliana and Jill were the most hillarious at that. Ugh, and Dave got one of those fried milkyways...which he said was awful...it looked creepy lol...I thought it was a corndog at first; that’s how much breading these things had on them *shudders* yuck.

After that...we walked around and some people played games for a while. They actually had a DDR machine, which Corey (with much ‘persuasion’) were going to do, but the people ahead of us in line took forever so we gave up on that...so I just watched people play games; I’m not big on playing them myself. It was still fun though...just being around so many of my friends, and especially being with Corey was bliss.

Some people got some random souvieners...haha...Rachel and Aliana got these fuzzy hats...though Rache’s was for her brother...and Dave got a whip and fuzzy handcuffs which amused all of us...Haha, I bit the handcuffs at school a few days later...you can tell I’ve been around these people a lot lately lol.

Lastly was the farris wheel...and after this I should stop writing and continue later because the words are swimming on the page...Anyways. We were waiting in line when the fireworks show started, so that was pretty cool. And of course Corey made more incredibly sweet comments...*smiles at memory* When we got into the...what do u call the things in a farris wheel? Cars? Boxes? lol. Well anyway, we were split into two of those, and our thing had Corey, Rachel, Steven, Zach, and me. Corey and I were the last to get in and we ended up having to sit across from each other with the door between us...but it was still nice. The fire works finnally was while we were near the top, and the thing we rode in was litterally shaking with the “BOOM”s. I found out something interesting on that ride...who would think the future air force pilot wouldn’t feel comfortable on a farris wheel? Oh well...I just thought it was strange, but I’m sure there’s pleanty of irrational things like that I do too lol.

Weee...almost three pages in this word document where I’m typing this for fear of the internet freezing AGAIN...certaintly long enough for a description of one night! Haha. I’m exausted so I’m going to head off to bed...and hopefully update this more in the near future...with less details to bore everyone with? Haha, maybe! G’night!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?