<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Blah...back to school today. Not a bad day though, overall...aside from it starting incredibly way too early lol, since I've slept til like noon all through break. I think I'm going to like my science teacher, which is good since that's my worst subject...haha, even though he did make us do the dorky (yet everyone I know that's done this thinks it's insanely clever of them) thing where we have to put ourselves in order by birthday without talking...Which kinda sucked because I'm not near anyone I know and I sit alone at my table...oh well...Steven and Nolan and a few other people I know are in there, so it shouldn't be too bad. We spent the period trying to lessen the amount of time it takes to say the names of the people on either side of us (standing in a circle) while passing a tennis ball around...odd but fun :-)

Second period was normal, padiea...Oh but I found out our exam will only cover this semester :-D yay! Bah on writing tests that no one knows what's going on with...because they're supposed to count towards your English grade, but they can't for people who only had English first semester...but that's good because I'm hoping that means it won't count towards our grade because I never do good on those.

Lunch was...interesting...lol...we have most of "the kidney" together, except for Corey :-( , Matt, and Zach...so we couldn't find a table where everyone could fit, no idea what we'll end up doing about that haha...I just happened to say something about our math class to Scotty because we'd been confused because our schedules said we had a teacher who retired at the end of last semester...and I found out he'd gotten a new on this morning, just by chance because he lost his over break...and it had the new teacher and room on it. I dragged Dave to guidance with me (hehe because he's nice and I don't like going places myself and no one else would come with me-that is NOT intended to sound like he's a last resort :P I'm just saying he's the only one at the table that said he'd come lol) and I showed the lady my schedule and Scotty's schedule...and she freaked out because she thought our whole class would be in there the next period because they forgot to put the changes on the announcement...haha so Dave and I got to laugh at her reaction after we left...Then the rest of lunch everyone just hung out in the courtyard...lol wide range of emotions there...everyone hitting the highs and lows of hyper-tiredness I guess lol...Aliana was ecstatic because so many people had the same lunch though hehe, I don't think I've ever seen her jump around that much.

3rd period was Algebra 2...not as much confusion as the guidance lady thought there'd be luckily, apparently there were signs posted on the doors...Haha, we get to go in the "pod" once it's finished, which should be like tomorrow or Thursday...It's like a trailer building! It amuses me greatly...I think it has six classrooms, plus bathrooms and a water fountain...but it looks like a giant trailer! That'll be nice though, because it's right next to the bandroom, which is my 4th period, and we hang out near there after lunch too. Anyway, we took an algebra 1 review quiz thing in there...wow...my first reaction was "Why am I considering teaching this again?" haha...I couldn't remember how to factor some stuff, though I don't think I was ever really taught it anyway...My algebra 1 teacher's favorite thing was "trial and error" so we never got taught a bunch of stuff that would make it a lot easier...oh well. This teacher seems pretty nice, but I've heard she gives a lot of homework.

We had a sub in band today, so we had a free period basically. Sad reason though, Mr. Rowe's father-in-law died...Young too, I think Zach said he was only 57 :-( so Mr. Rowe's going to be out the rest of the week....I did some of my math homework and hung out w/people...*dies* I have to go from before school until 4th period now without seeing Corey...last semester I'd see him before lunch too.

So that was the first day back! I miss creative writing though...I hope I can take that again next year, it's so much fun even if I was a total slacker lol...Don't miss child development though, omg that was such a pointless class...If you don't know most of the cirriculum coming into that class, then you have no common sense whatsoever, at least the way our class was taught...Seriously, one of the questions on the exam was like "Which of the following is a good way to stimulate the intellectual development of a three year old" or something like that...and one of the answer choices was "take a long nap." *rolls eyes*

GO ME FOR NOT SLACKING OFF FOR ONCE! Haha, I actually did my homework when I got home! *proud of self*

This is a really boring entry but that's ok...you must be pretty bored if you're reading this anyway lol.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?