Tuesday, January 27, 2004
I DEFINITLY SEE A HARRY POTTER SURVEY IN MEGANS BLOG *steals, grins*
When did you first discover Harry Potter?: 6th grade...my friend Ronnie prodded me to read them so I did...I think it was around the time that the 3rd book came out.
Book first or movie first?: Book
Were you hooked instantly, or did it take a while?: I really liked the first one but I was really busy at the time I read it, so I didn't get as pulled in as I would've liked...but by the time evil school projects went away and I re-read it and the others, I was definitly hooked
Did you instantly fall in love w/ any specific character?: Ron. I could blab on about how he foils Harry's character enough to move the plot along and adds humor...but I think I'd bore you. So yeah, I'll just say he's an incredibly adorable character that makes me laugh, in both the books and the movies ("Follow the spiders? Why couldn't we follow the butterflies?" *giggles* Yay for hating spiders!)
Favorite...
Professor: Lupin as far as the books go...but I think if I was in the stories, I'd really like Flitwick. I dunno why. Charms sounds fun and he seems like a good teacher.
Marauder: You seriously want me to pick between Sirius and Lupin? *dies* too hard! Sirius' charater is more developed though...but heh-heh not after book 5 i guess :'(
Gryffindor: Ron!
Slytherin: Draco Malfoy. yeah, he's evil, but what kind of a story would it be without an evil guy in their midst? Voldemort's too far away sometimes.
Hufflepuff: Uhh...Cedric for book 4...but since that's the only one he's really in...I guess Ernie can be amusing sometimes? We don't learn much about many of the hufflepuffs
Ravenclaw: I think Megan's about right when she said there's only like 2 Ravenclaws to choose from...and Cho just annoys me, or she did in book 5 anyway. Before that she was cool. So I guess I'll go with Padma?
Character overall: Ron :-D
How long did it take you to read...
Book 1?: The first time...probably like 2 or 3 weeks *dies* How did I go that long without finding out the ending???
Book 2?: Uhh...I honestly have no idea. I didn't keep up with how long it took me to read them back then...Though I do remember reading a ton of it at a sleepover at Rachels while Courtney read the 1st one and Rache either read or re-read (can't remember) the 3rd. I could seriously quote parts of our conversation *random memories*
Book 3?: I don't know exactly on that one either...Less time than either of the other two because by then I was getting pretty obsessive.
Book 4?: Less than 3 days
Book 5?: About 2 1/2 days, a ton of which time I spent babysitting and going crazy because the older two kids were reading it while I played with the younger kids so i was DYING to know what happened lol
If you were in Harry Potter...
What house would you be in?: As much as I'd like to say Gryffindor, probably either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. I'm a scardy cat and a dork, what more do I say?
What would your pet be?: Off the school pet list, I guess a cat...gotta be something cuddly-ish
What would your wand be?: Urm...something with a phoneix feather
Who would you date?: I would have to say, if I go to Hogwarts, I'm taking Corey with me^^
What would be your fav. subject?: Probably Charms or Transfiguration...anything but potions, it sounds too much like chemistry
Other
How did you feel about youknowwho dying?: Uhh...did? He's kinda still alive? Yeah...if he does...well I mean, it's got to be him or Harry, and I'd certaintly rather kill off "you-know-who"...but either way means the end of the series, so that kinda sucks
What are your views on the Dark Lord?: Urm...bad? yesh...vury evil and horrible and bad
Weasleys or Malfoys?: Weasleys!
Normal blog stuff...Urm...not much to say...still out of school cause of the ice...and Corey's still in Lumberton but he's going to come home tomorrow hopefully, and come over here :-D <3<3...I havent been out of the house since Saturday...and the only time I've seen friends since then was when Rachel came over for a little while to see if I wanted to go sledding. Bah on ice :P And make up days, though I won't really care if we have to make up more days as long as Corey's here while we're out...I miss him soooooooooooo much....I swear every second I'm thinking about him...Tomorrow needs to hurry up!<3<3<3<3<3
When did you first discover Harry Potter?: 6th grade...my friend Ronnie prodded me to read them so I did...I think it was around the time that the 3rd book came out.
Book first or movie first?: Book
Were you hooked instantly, or did it take a while?: I really liked the first one but I was really busy at the time I read it, so I didn't get as pulled in as I would've liked...but by the time evil school projects went away and I re-read it and the others, I was definitly hooked
Did you instantly fall in love w/ any specific character?: Ron. I could blab on about how he foils Harry's character enough to move the plot along and adds humor...but I think I'd bore you. So yeah, I'll just say he's an incredibly adorable character that makes me laugh, in both the books and the movies ("Follow the spiders? Why couldn't we follow the butterflies?" *giggles* Yay for hating spiders!)
Favorite...
Professor: Lupin as far as the books go...but I think if I was in the stories, I'd really like Flitwick. I dunno why. Charms sounds fun and he seems like a good teacher.
Marauder: You seriously want me to pick between Sirius and Lupin? *dies* too hard! Sirius' charater is more developed though...but heh-heh not after book 5 i guess :'(
Gryffindor: Ron!
Slytherin: Draco Malfoy. yeah, he's evil, but what kind of a story would it be without an evil guy in their midst? Voldemort's too far away sometimes.
Hufflepuff: Uhh...Cedric for book 4...but since that's the only one he's really in...I guess Ernie can be amusing sometimes? We don't learn much about many of the hufflepuffs
Ravenclaw: I think Megan's about right when she said there's only like 2 Ravenclaws to choose from...and Cho just annoys me, or she did in book 5 anyway. Before that she was cool. So I guess I'll go with Padma?
Character overall: Ron :-D
How long did it take you to read...
Book 1?: The first time...probably like 2 or 3 weeks *dies* How did I go that long without finding out the ending???
Book 2?: Uhh...I honestly have no idea. I didn't keep up with how long it took me to read them back then...Though I do remember reading a ton of it at a sleepover at Rachels while Courtney read the 1st one and Rache either read or re-read (can't remember) the 3rd. I could seriously quote parts of our conversation *random memories*
Book 3?: I don't know exactly on that one either...Less time than either of the other two because by then I was getting pretty obsessive.
Book 4?: Less than 3 days
Book 5?: About 2 1/2 days, a ton of which time I spent babysitting and going crazy because the older two kids were reading it while I played with the younger kids so i was DYING to know what happened lol
If you were in Harry Potter...
What house would you be in?: As much as I'd like to say Gryffindor, probably either Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff. I'm a scardy cat and a dork, what more do I say?
What would your pet be?: Off the school pet list, I guess a cat...gotta be something cuddly-ish
What would your wand be?: Urm...something with a phoneix feather
Who would you date?: I would have to say, if I go to Hogwarts, I'm taking Corey with me^^
What would be your fav. subject?: Probably Charms or Transfiguration...anything but potions, it sounds too much like chemistry
Other
How did you feel about youknowwho dying?: Uhh...did? He's kinda still alive? Yeah...if he does...well I mean, it's got to be him or Harry, and I'd certaintly rather kill off "you-know-who"...but either way means the end of the series, so that kinda sucks
What are your views on the Dark Lord?: Urm...bad? yesh...vury evil and horrible and bad
Weasleys or Malfoys?: Weasleys!
Normal blog stuff...Urm...not much to say...still out of school cause of the ice...and Corey's still in Lumberton but he's going to come home tomorrow hopefully, and come over here :-D <3<3...I havent been out of the house since Saturday...and the only time I've seen friends since then was when Rachel came over for a little while to see if I wanted to go sledding. Bah on ice :P And make up days, though I won't really care if we have to make up more days as long as Corey's here while we're out...I miss him soooooooooooo much....I swear every second I'm thinking about him...Tomorrow needs to hurry up!<3<3<3<3<3