Friday, January 09, 2004
Well, today was the end of our first week back to school...I cant decide if it flew by or took forever, because somehow it feels like both. I definitly like my Earth Science teacher, though I've been warned by people that if you get on his bad side he's awful...but he's been really nice to our whole class so far, so I'm being optimistic^^. My math teacher annoys me for some reason, and other people agree with me, though none of us know exactly what it is about her that bothers us. I mean, aside from the fact that half the time it seems like she doesn't know what she's doing when she goes over homework, and that she gives a ton of homework, and never notices when I have my hand up for a question even when she looks right at me. (Today in class, Mrs. Sweeny: "Are there any questiosn? *looks carefully around the room, and I swear her eyes looked right at me* Ok then, moving on..." I just rolled my eyes and Scotty laughed and so did I, but still) Yeah, sarcasm, but there's still something else...I dunno. Oh well. Oh, I HAVE to write what we did in band yesterday...OMG this is so great...WE WATCHED PART OF THE PIRATES OF PENZANCE!!! Hahaha...yes, it's really boring and the movie is fake and corny and they sing entirely too much, BUT :-D I was in the play of it in 5th grade so it makes me very giggly and hyper and insane :-D and so I got to ramble about Jill and Marc and me and some other people that were in it...It was a joke for a while that Marc and I were married because we were in the play...He's going to hate that I wrote about that but that's ok :-D O:-) His reaction to me making him guess what movie we watched once he finally figured it out was "*DIES*" hahaha. We got Jill to sing the crazy "I am the Very Model of a Modern Major General" song this morning...which was much fun and I got to sing along way off key because I was hyper again :-D
I'm deciding not to care that this isn't chronalogical or organized in any way haha...
I'm kinda frustrated with dance right now...I mean, my brain is even more dead that normal this week because it's the first week back and everything, but everyone else's should be too...Even in jazz, I feel really far behind all of the sudden...I mean, I'm used to not being good at that compared to the class, because until this year it was mostly older girls and ones that are just really good...but this year we've got two people who've never taken jazz before and a third that's a lot younger than us...I dunno, it's not even that the steps are that hard, but my brain keeps refusing to memorize combinations, which is really awful when we have to go across the floor in groups of two or three, because otherwise I can just watch the teacher or someone in front of me. Tap's really hard this year though...I've tapped since I was three, but the last two years I've been dancing down because of scheduling...I've been mostly with people that've danced less than three years, last year there were even some beginners in the recital dance with our class...So a jump up to a high level class was really hard, but I thought I'd catch up...but it's a different style too...Our recital dance is going to be to "The Way You Move" by Outkast...not the usual tap style at all; it's rap so we're doing like hip-hop tapping almost...It looks really cool but I have a really hard time with it, plus the inability to memorize the combinations...I don't know what's wrong with me, the last like year and a half I've had issues with remembering combinations...Oh well...So I'm faking a lot of stuff until I can learn it, but my teacher (despite the fact that she's out all the time because she keeps getting sick) obviously noticed...We got our formation this week, and I'm near the center in the back, which means I have the most people infront and to the sides of me, so I"m nice and hidden...which is oddly kind of nice...but after two years of being (sorry this sounds cocky but it's just because I'd danced the longest) one of the best in the class, it just feels weird...I can't do anything right now, where as last year I'd help other people with steps *frustrated* I'd say "practice, practice, practice!" but I can't remember the combinations to practice!
It snowed today :-D so we got out an hour early...which meant I got a shorter math class so that was good...and we watched Pirates of the Carribean in band...and it was insanely cold outside and I ran from the bottom of the C building to the top of the A building outside after first period because I thought I was going to be late because I got out of Earth Science a little late because of a lab...you wouldn't belive how much weight *corrects self* "MASS" a wet paper towel can support, omg, that took forever hahaha...on the strongest one we had 3 cups of sand, a golf ball, a small rock, and around 200 paper clips on it before it broke! Yeah, anyway, so ran to focus because Mr. Lee is scary when you're late lol...so I got to see Corey for a few min ^^ <3 and then went and took an icky writing test thingie...It was like a practice writing test on the stories we read this week, but we only had the class period to write it and we weren't given the prompt ahead of time so I was like "arrrgh" when I saw it was about irony. There was a lot of irony in the stories, but we were supposed to talk about the theme and message and such, not talk about the plot...I made some really weird connection to racism and predjudice because the government in the story had a law that you had to be happy and this guy looked "melancholy" even though he was happy...so I got "don't judge a book by its cover" and then went off about Jewish persecution during World War Two, since the story was from around then in Germany...yay for run on sentences but my brain is so dead that I'm deciding not to care haha...So yeah, I think Mr. Fergison is going to think I'm insane but oh well...Hrm what else happened today...Scotty wore sandals in the snow *falls over* He's insane... :-D Corey actualy wore a jacket and long sleeves and long pants! Lol, I was like "yaaaay!" And now I'm bored. We need to do something today...I dunno how the roads are going to be later though, if they refreeze and w/e *makes face* I want to go sledding...except I'm tired so I want to go tomorrow haha...Though apparently people are talking about a snowball war today *falls over* I might skip that one...*hopes for alternate plan* I'm going to stop rambling now because the run ons and jumping around are even bothering me now haha...So I'll leave on the note of: I love Corey ^^ <3 <3 <3
I'm deciding not to care that this isn't chronalogical or organized in any way haha...
I'm kinda frustrated with dance right now...I mean, my brain is even more dead that normal this week because it's the first week back and everything, but everyone else's should be too...Even in jazz, I feel really far behind all of the sudden...I mean, I'm used to not being good at that compared to the class, because until this year it was mostly older girls and ones that are just really good...but this year we've got two people who've never taken jazz before and a third that's a lot younger than us...I dunno, it's not even that the steps are that hard, but my brain keeps refusing to memorize combinations, which is really awful when we have to go across the floor in groups of two or three, because otherwise I can just watch the teacher or someone in front of me. Tap's really hard this year though...I've tapped since I was three, but the last two years I've been dancing down because of scheduling...I've been mostly with people that've danced less than three years, last year there were even some beginners in the recital dance with our class...So a jump up to a high level class was really hard, but I thought I'd catch up...but it's a different style too...Our recital dance is going to be to "The Way You Move" by Outkast...not the usual tap style at all; it's rap so we're doing like hip-hop tapping almost...It looks really cool but I have a really hard time with it, plus the inability to memorize the combinations...I don't know what's wrong with me, the last like year and a half I've had issues with remembering combinations...Oh well...So I'm faking a lot of stuff until I can learn it, but my teacher (despite the fact that she's out all the time because she keeps getting sick) obviously noticed...We got our formation this week, and I'm near the center in the back, which means I have the most people infront and to the sides of me, so I"m nice and hidden...which is oddly kind of nice...but after two years of being (sorry this sounds cocky but it's just because I'd danced the longest) one of the best in the class, it just feels weird...I can't do anything right now, where as last year I'd help other people with steps *frustrated* I'd say "practice, practice, practice!" but I can't remember the combinations to practice!
It snowed today :-D so we got out an hour early...which meant I got a shorter math class so that was good...and we watched Pirates of the Carribean in band...and it was insanely cold outside and I ran from the bottom of the C building to the top of the A building outside after first period because I thought I was going to be late because I got out of Earth Science a little late because of a lab...you wouldn't belive how much weight *corrects self* "MASS" a wet paper towel can support, omg, that took forever hahaha...on the strongest one we had 3 cups of sand, a golf ball, a small rock, and around 200 paper clips on it before it broke! Yeah, anyway, so ran to focus because Mr. Lee is scary when you're late lol...so I got to see Corey for a few min ^^ <3 and then went and took an icky writing test thingie...It was like a practice writing test on the stories we read this week, but we only had the class period to write it and we weren't given the prompt ahead of time so I was like "arrrgh" when I saw it was about irony. There was a lot of irony in the stories, but we were supposed to talk about the theme and message and such, not talk about the plot...I made some really weird connection to racism and predjudice because the government in the story had a law that you had to be happy and this guy looked "melancholy" even though he was happy...so I got "don't judge a book by its cover" and then went off about Jewish persecution during World War Two, since the story was from around then in Germany...yay for run on sentences but my brain is so dead that I'm deciding not to care haha...So yeah, I think Mr. Fergison is going to think I'm insane but oh well...Hrm what else happened today...Scotty wore sandals in the snow *falls over* He's insane... :-D Corey actualy wore a jacket and long sleeves and long pants! Lol, I was like "yaaaay!" And now I'm bored. We need to do something today...I dunno how the roads are going to be later though, if they refreeze and w/e *makes face* I want to go sledding...except I'm tired so I want to go tomorrow haha...Though apparently people are talking about a snowball war today *falls over* I might skip that one...*hopes for alternate plan* I'm going to stop rambling now because the run ons and jumping around are even bothering me now haha...So I'll leave on the note of: I love Corey ^^ <3 <3 <3