<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, February 05, 2004

Ok I'm blogging! Even though I shouldn't be because I should be working on homework and my world civ project, but I've felt like blogging for several days now and haven't had time :P so *types quickly so can do work* :-D

So, since last time I wrote in here...Friday I babysat...which is always interesting with those kids haha...This time Brendons anti-bedtime excuse was "I have to make a wall of stuffed animals around my bed but I fell off" when I heard a thud and went in to find him on the floor...*shakes head* He was ok though, and finally went to sleep...about an hour and a half past his bedtime...and he had school the next day as a makeup. Oh well. Anyway, Saturday night was the Snowball dance at school, weeee! A good number of people came, which looked like a ton of people considering they only let us use about 1/3 of the cafeteria. Wow the difference in that and middle school dances...I hadn't been to a school dance since 7th grade, and back then we always got the "daylight speach" about how far apart we had to be when dancing...Let's just say that wasn't the case the other night haha...And I'm sorry but I have no clue how to dance to that kind of music, not that I do with most un-coreograhed stuff, but the rap...yeah, not happening. So I watched other people dancing...and hung out w/Corey and the rest of the kidney that showed up...and danced during the slow dances^^ <3. Hehe...I must say it is a sign of how much I love Corey that I didn't even notice one of the songs was an Evanescence one until Rachel pointed it out later...and I'm glad I didn't notice anyway lol, made the evening much nicer.

Sunday a group of us went to Jills for the superbowl...haha I think I watched maybe two seconds of the actual game, though I did see some of the commercials...There was definitly some drama going on...which I was smart and avoided for once, despite the night before basically being yelled at for not wanting to be involved and/or take sides...oh well. So some of my fellow drama-avoiders and I played Operation! :-D I'd actually never played it before, but it's much fun! Good thing most of us don't want to be doctors...we did some scary things to that poor guy, who we found out actually has a name-Cavity Sam! (Melissa the next day when we told her that: "but he doesn't even have teeth!") Corey put the wrench for his ankle into his heart...which caused Anna to electricute him repeatedly in order to get it out...*giggles* Oh and COREY ATE ONE OF MY SLICE 'N BAKE COOKIES!!! :-D :-D :-D hahaha, the night before, me: o haha...ur not going to like what im bringing to jills tonight O:-)
Corey: slice and bake cookies?!
Me: *FALLS OVER*
Me: u and i seriously share brainwaves hahahaha
Corey: hahahahahahaha
Corey: 8-)
Me: :-D
Sorry I just found that really cool so I had to paste it here lol. Weeee. Point being, I was really insane due to the sugar...and I think Anna was wild from the tomatoes o_O hehe...so we had much fun despite the drama.

Monday was the first Godspell meeting thing...We went over to the people in charge's house to watch the movie...and I found out I actually sortof know their daughter; she's a fellow apex band-geek! Yay! And Hannah was there...and Jenny...I don't really know anyone else aside from recognizing them from youth and such, but everyone seems pretty nice. Oh, and there's a girl that Rachel teaches guitar lessons to, Paige...She had my favorite quote of the night. After watching the movie, which is basically a 60's varriation of the story of Jesus and the diciples, we were asked to comment...Paige: "I liked it...except for the part where he died and everything." *amused*

Tuesday...Icky timed writing in padeia that I'd better have done better on than the last one...After school I went to the chiropractor because I'd been really sore...to the point that I couldn't lay on my stomach or side from pain; it was really weird...and so I found out why. I had RIB out of position! I didn't even know that was possible lol. So he had to shift it back...which felt really odd...The dr. said the lower ribs are painful to adjust but mine was upper so it didn't really hurt when he moved it...really sore afterwards though...and the muscles around it were really tensed for a while so I couldn't take full breaths...that made band interesting the next day...I probably breathed after like every measure and I played really softly lol...and that in itself was the most amusing-We got yelled at for being too soft Tuesday and today, but not the day I could barely play *rolls eyes*

In dance that night we found out our recital song is the remix of "Me Against the Music" by Britney Spears...*shudders* despite our teacher claiming she'd never coreograph another of those songs again (we did a dance version of "Lucky" when I was in 6th grade I think)...but I'd rather have this than what a lot of the girls wanted, "I Love the Way You Move" by Outkast...not that I mind the song, it's just that I'm learning a tap dance to that now too! So that would've been insanely hard to learn two different styles of two different dances to the same song at once.

And on the topic of THAT dance...My tap teacher can't teach our class anymore because whoever usually babysits her son on Wednesday nights can't anymore...So we have a new teacher. Who has never done this style of tap before. She's used to the kind of stuff I'm used to-the oldschool style with kicklines and all that stuff. So the problem is, you can't do that to "I Love the Way You Move" or it's going to look retarded, and we've already got parts of the dance put together in a hip-hop-ish-tap style...and our costume fits the style too. But with a teacher that's struggling to learn the basics of this tap style...it's going to be very hard to learn a dance in time for the recital. At least she's open about it though, and she's really nice...but she's told us to come up with some moves and that we're basically going to coreograph this dance ourselves with her guidance. *dies* I don't know how to do this stuff either, so I'm hoping Sarah or Kaley will...they're good at that stuff...but Kaley's trying to coreograph her senior solo...*makes puppy dog face at Sarah* help! Not that she reads this or anything haha.

Weeeee...so now I should go do homework...because I must have my world civ project and homework done before Saturday so that I can have Anna and Amanda over before the dance so we can do hair and makeup...weeee...so...byeee!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?