<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 15, 2004

Weeeeeeeeee, I definitly need to blog! Quick update on the weekend first...Saturday I had Godspell rehersal, which was much fun, and then I got to go (really late) to Vaishnovi's birthday party! Oh my gosh, I hadn't seen most of the people there since last October! Ahhhh! I miss my Athens friends :-( Vaishu's going to put pictures up soon though, so I'll have to steal some to put in here. Anyway, we had a crazy fun time and went wild with a digital camera...Including making a video with it...in the resturant...*giggles* and Amena came back from the bathroom a good ways away from our table, absoultely dying with laughter because apparently we were so loud that she could here us from there...hahahaha and we decided not to care because we were hyper! I bet the people there couldn't wait for us to leave! It's so nice to have a non-drama night with the Athen's crowd; that's the one thing I miss most at Apex I think...someone's always (ANNA *points* I USED HTML!) worried or upset or stressed about something. Anyway...Oh, I just have to comment on this. When you were in middle school, did the idea of hanging out at the corner of Target just sitting there or messing with skateboards for several hours ever appeal to any of you??? We saw a group of kids doing that on the way home...It just seemed odd. I mean, they looked like 11 years old!

Yesterday (Sunday) I had Godspell again...which was, uh, very interesting hahaha...The chorus, which I'm in, has mostly worked on the songs so far so we haven't learned where to go on stage. Well, instead of telling us ahead of time, the directors decided to just tell us as we went along. All the sudden they start shouting at us "MAKE A CANOE! STROKE! STROKE! STROKE!" hahaha. And then there was the problem of the two ladies telling us different things to do...so half of us did what one said and half did what the other said...weeeeee it was crazy and hectic but tons of fun none the less. Oh and the best line of the day "But did people in the 70's not know that Jesus was the messiah???" *short explanation follows* "Ohhhh we're supposed to be like the desciples!" -from a main cast memeber. Then I came home for a while...and then back to the church for youth! And I got to see Corey :-D <3 and most of the usual youth crowd. We talked about the passion again...though I kinda had trouble listening since I randomly got really dizzy...and then thought that I looked really rude putting my head down because the minister was talking to us and I didn't want to look like I was asleep...yeah. Anyway, then I got better, and then we went home...and I talked to people online for a while...got completely tricked by Corey and Anna hahaha, more on that in a minute...

Today I go to sleep in a little bit...and then...dundundun...got my braces off! Tada! Yaaaaay! So that was cool...and then I went to school late and did normal school stuff...Ruth and I did our challenge today for band, on which I messed up horribly and lost, but that’s ok ‘cause now Ruth can go challenge all those first clarinets^^ and I’ll challenge them when they get moved back to 2nd part because I really don’t want to play first. Anyway...After school, I walked out with Corey to the buses like normal and said goodbye...and started to walk away except I couldn’t because he still had my hand lol and so I was kind of confused...and then a bag was pushed into my hand. Corey is officially the sweetest guy in the entire world (no arguments :P). Today was our 6 month aniversary...and I felt really stupid for not even suspecting that he was doing something and because I didn’t plan anything...lol maybe I should explain what he did...In the bag was a really sweet card that litterally almost made me cry...and I don’t know that I’ve ever cried for something happy before, so that’s saying something...and a bunch of chocolate. Taped on the big bar of chocolate, he had a piece of paper saying “I love you because...” and then on each smaller piece of chocolate he had a piece of paper listing a reason. Sooooo sweet (no pun intended :P)!!! *huggles Corey* Ahhh he and Anna are just too tricky hahaha; I didn’t suspect anything! Despite Anna’s discussion about how she wanted to just talk about chocolate (since she gave it up for lent) being followed the next day by a discussion about how she wasn’t craving it at all *giggles* I’m so clueless. Especially with the whole St. Patrick’s Day distraction, you really had me going on that one Corey...hahaha I can’t believe I didn’t get that. I’m loosing my “I know everything that happens around me” touch *giggles*

Later I went back to the orthodontist to get my temporary retainers (clear plastic ones that are shaped like my teeth mostly that I get for two weeks while the others are made) which fit really badly, though that’s apparently okay since it’s only for two weeks...yet the jagged edge on one part keeps scratching my tounge >< So i’m going to mess with a nail file or something in a minute lol. It also gives me an awful lisp; I'm seriously going to have to take it out in class if I have to talk. Tonight I had an insane Godspell rehersal where the chorus and music director proceeded to get really agrivated with eachother...like when she started yelling at us for not singing this part of a song that apparently everyone is supposed to sing. Well, first of all, we were never told that we were even in that song, so none of us knew the words very well, much less to know where the music goes from the soloist to the full cast. And there’s the little problem of not having any idea where we’re supposed to be at that point, since the directors response is to look frazzled and go “I don’t know!” and then go on to correct the slightest positioning problems of the main cast while the chorus doesn’t know if we’re even on stage. There was one point where I finally took the “leader” role and talked to the lady because she had us on different sides of the stage than we were yesterday so everyone was completely confused and her immediate response was “It doesn’t matter; you’ll end up somewhere.” You guys would’ve been very proud of me. I kept my temper and calmly explained to her that we were on the other side the day before and that we were worried that positioning would be wrong during the final play if we just did a “play it by ear” thing, considering there are time when we have specific positions that are close to the area where we sit during the main cast’s part. So the lady let us move back where we were yesterday :-) yay.

Ok...enough blog-ness for the night. Gnight everyone! *hugs to all and a kiss for Corey*

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?