<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, May 07, 2004

*finds survey-like thingie, stolen from melissa h*

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says:  uhhh the closest book was the mac's manual...and it says "Note: If your desktop looks absolutely nothing like this-no menus, no icons, almost nothing on th eDock-then somebody in charge of your Mac has turned on Simple Finder mode for you" lol
2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?: a letter from UNC-CH, not that'd I'd ever go there, but the letter's on the desk anyway.
3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?: Survivor...unless you'd count "Urban Cowboy" since it was technically on the TV this afternoon...via the DVD player anyway...didn't watch much anyway though ;-D
4. Without Looking!, guess what time it is: 9:45
5: Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?: 9:51
6: With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?: that's about it lol...maybe the air conditioning
7: When did you last step outside? what were you doing?: uhh...in the walmart parkinglot like an hour ago b/c we went mother's day/computer table shopping
8: Before you came to this website, what did you look at: most of the links over there -->
9: What are you wearing?: jeans and a purple tye-dye-ish shirt

10: Did you dream last night?: yes and i've been going CRAZY today b/c i can't remember what it was about!
11: When did you last laugh?: when corey was over here this afternoon^^
12: What is on the walls of the room you are in?: paint. very plain, boring paint. Just wait til I'm in college...I'm goint to go wild with random stuff just to make it anti-boring. yay colors!
13: Seen anything weird lately?: uhh, I'd have to say the bit of Urban Cowboy I payed a slight bit of attention to was rather odd
14: What do you think of this quiz?: better than being bored just sitting here!
15: What is the last film you saw?: Urban Cowboy
16: If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?: put enough aside for college and some savings...then...umm...I dunno.
7: Tell me something about you that I don't know: lol depends who you are that's reading this?
18: If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do? mmm...how about world peace at last? despite how corny and steriotypical it sounds, wouldn't it be nice?
19: Do you like to dance?: only if its pre-coreographed. i cant just dance randomly
20: George Bush: is he a power-crazy nutcase or some one who is finally doing something that has needed to be done for years?: I'm not incredibly fond of him...but I'm not exactly really into politics so i'm not going to completely criticize him...but he definitly has some major policies that I dissagree with. Too many of his policies are based off the Christian religion, and even though I'm a christian, I don't think it's fair to say we have freedom of religion in the US and then restrict rights for only religious reasons (ex: gay marriages aren't against all religions)
21a: Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?: Mmm...I've always really liked Elizabeth or Emily...but I'd have to be in the situation to decide for sure...and my husband would need to have some imput?
21b: Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him? Same circumstances as above, but I like David and Michael
22: Would you ever consider living abroad?: mmm...maybe, as long as it was in an English-speaking country...but only if I had certain people with me ;-) For now I'm quite content to say in the USA though!

Wow that was short. Update-ness now I guess...

Complaints first to get them over with: My shoulder hurts...my back hurts...and my neck hurts. And that's with me on prescription anti-inflamitory/pain killers now...growl. I did the first round of weight lifting yesterday...and basically scared myself at how hard it was...we don't have light-weight free weights, so I only did the part of the exercises I'm supposed to do on the weight machine...and it was only set on 10 lbs and it was HARD and after like 2 times of pushing the arm thingies, I was shaking. I couldn't make it through one leg lift, also on 10 lbs, which I only did out of curriosity, not a requirement, without my legs shaking like crazy. I used to be able to do 30 lbs on my legs without too much trouble when i was in 6th grade and I was a fat, out of shape little kid back then...and yet now I can hardly handle 10 lbs!? I've made it quite clear to Mom that if surgery becomes an option in a few years, I want to do it. Depending what happens the next few weeks, we might go see an orthopediest soon to get an oppinion...and the guy I'd go to is pretty cool from what I've heard...considering he's treated my dad and my brother quite a lot, he knows us all pretty well...lol our family's medical problems are so screwed. Anyway, so today my shoulders and neck felt awful...and now my neck is having a muscle spazzm >< ok now it stopped...anyway...Band was the worst. It's amazing how much it can kill my shoulder to have my left arm raised up to play my clarinet...especially when that's added to having to push down the keys. I don't know how much longer it'll bother me this much though, and I slacked off in band so much when my arms were in braces (I helped Melissa A. make copies most of the period) so I don't want to tell Mr. Rowe that it hurts to play...I've already done that at other times this semester, with the dizzyness stuff and when the chest pains were really bad...He keeps talking about how so many people don't put enough effort into our band class and such...and we have a concert the 15th...so I have to play. Grrr.

Ok, now for the fun stuff. Just random stuff that happened in school the last few days that amused me:
-A guy in our padeia class did his ode to "wood"...and uhh it wasn't exactly in that sense. *cracks up* Our class was dying with laughter...he litterally had everything from something about it "always sticking straight up"...to something about how it grew from "a small sappling like a pine or oak" into how "huge it is today"...to "It attracts crowds like sugar attracts ants." I was surprised Mr. Ferguson let him finish it, but I think he was laughing with the rest of us lol.
-The guy's chorus T-Shirts are pink and say "Real men wear pink" on them! I saw one this morning and was like "I HAVE TO TELL ANNA!!!" and I think Melissa H. thought I was insane lol.
-In math today, Thomas amused me by making the comment "This class is like a bowl of cereal...and I am the milk." (-gasp- AN ANALOGY THAT WASN'T RELATED TO SPORTS!)Then he went on to explain how he completed the class because cereal needed milk...and the class got into an argument about how really you could have cereal without the milk...finally Additi (sp) settled it by saying "Well some of us are lactose intolerant" which even made Ms. Sweeny laugh.

That's all I can think of for now...hehe now onto today:

After school, Corey rode home with me, and we stopped at Blockbuster to get a movie...and it was "my turn" to pick...which I'm really bad at...So I asked Mom for sugestions but she went next door for a minute while Corey and I looked...He found something he said was pretty funny so we were going to get that, but Mom was like "No, don't get something stupid" so we looked some more...same to the next sugestion...They didn't have some of the ones she sugested, but we ended up with Urban Cowboy...oh my gosh...lol you can tell it's sad when I hardly saw 5 minutes of that movie and later Mom asked me how it ended because she forgot since she saw it ages ago...yet I could tell her the ending...and she thinks I know the whole movie *giggles innocently* yesh. So Corey and I had much fun, despite the scary-ness of a weird western movie lol...I discovered a new way to tickle him :-D which makes me happy because it works better than the old ways and he can't restrain me as well :-D Lol and Anna called while he was over...omgsh I bet she thinks I was acting really weird because I probably sounded really spacy lol...Corey was errr distracting me :-D no complaints hahaha ;-) I reaaaaaally didn't want him to have to leave...I felt like clinging to him forever and ever, but he had to go home to get ready for his dad to come pick him up :-(

Then I had a nice fun argument with my Dad about dinner...because he KNOWS which resturants I don't really like because I can only get a salad, so as we tried to figure out where to go he kept saying "well we could go here except you don't like it...or we could go here except you don't like it..." but that ended fairly quickly so it was ok. Then we found a computer desk so I can use the mac more comfortably (even though I'm on it now, just not in a good position) and went Mother's Day shopping...and then I came home and got online lol. I'm supposed to sneak the Mother's Day stuff upstairs soon and wrap it while Mom's asleep...and I need to go take a shower...but I felt like blogging and I wanted to see if Corey was going to get on but it's late-ish so I doubt it. I miss my Corey already *sniffles* Is it really pathetic that I saw him like 5 hours ago and I already miss him? *shrugs* This afternoon was by far the highlight of my week...so now it needs to be next Friday so I can see him again outside of school (*hopes*) though it can also be any weekday so I can see him in school at least a tiny bit. <3<3<3<3<3

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?