Wednesday, May 05, 2004
Hey there...wow it feels like ages since I've blogged! I'm surprised I haven't had the blog nazis attacking me...but I guess I've had some excuses lol...now time for some catching up!
Friday night was Davey's party...Anna and I have basically decided that's his name now lol...anyway, we finally got to reveal the latest evil plan! See Marc, we're not ALWAYS scheming against you! hehehe. Anyway...Anna and I spent each afternoon of the week before the party working on the present...A t-shirt and a CD holder. Just for the fact that I was determined to make him a shirt, and Anna wanted to paint something wooden, and I wouldn't let her get a rocking horse. Yesh. Hehehe so we wrote "I bite on the first date (...or before...)" on the front with a mouth with fangs in it, and on the back it says "My name isn't James...It's DAVEY" and "I'm a kidney stone!" with a picture of a kidney...with a smiley face on it...yesh we're weird! Anyway, between that and getting to spraypaint and paint the CD holder with metalic silver and tourquoise-ish paint, we had much fun, and it made Dave smile...so yay for that! The party was much fun...we watched the video Dave and Dilly made about attacking an orange, which had us all cracking up...some people DDRed...we watched "Real Men Don't Wear Plaid" and I don't think any of us followed along enough to have a clue what happened lol, but it was still fun! I had to leave early, so I missed the "I never" game afterwards...probably not entirely a bad thing lol.
The next morning I got up early and went to broughton to take the SATs...much fun, especially with two wrist braces, oh yesh. It wasn't too bad though...the math was decent, so I only left two answers blank, which were just the fill in type, because I didn't have time to finish, but I was decently confident on the rest. The english was kinda hard...but then again, my vocabulary is awful, so that's a good reason for me to struggle with it lol. A lot of the words from the vocab tests this year were on it though...don't forget those! There's one word they kept using over and over again that I couldn't remember what it meant...even though it's not an uncommon word, I just had a mental blank lol...oh well. Maybe sometime I'll remember what the word was lol so I can look it up before I take it again...I swear at least 5 questions used it! I ended up leaving like 4 english questions blank...blah. It'll be nice when they add the grammer section...though I dread the essay part...and they're killing the analogies, which makes me sad because I'm better at those than the evil reading comprehension things where like half of them say "what would the author of passage 1 likely feel about the point made in paragraph 5 of passage 2?" and on one of them the author of passage one was NEUTRUAL so I had no idea what I was talking about lol. Yes. Anyway...
After that I went to a crazy-long dance class...we cleaned up a lot of the routine though, which is good since our recital is the 16th! Ahh! And our rehersal is the 15th, just before the band concert...I'm determined to make both though, because missing dress rehersal=baaaaad because we're so used to having a mirror and that's the first time we practice without one! And I'm really bad about watching other people in the mirror lol. Oh well...Hehe, I guess I'd better learn what I'm doing, because Corey wants to come...
Saturday night, Corey came over^^ and we watched Twister on TV...not a bad movie, though I haven't the slightest idea how it ended...O:-) no complaints though! :-D hehehe...so we had much fun...<3<3<3<3<3 x insanely huge number to Corey^^
Sunday...I don't remember what I did during the day...but that night we had our final youth meeting :-( which was fun but sad at the same time. We basically got to do whatever we wanted, so our group played cards lol...mostly because Melissa wanted to, it was the only thing I could do with my wrist braces, and the foosball table was insanely crowded (sorry Marc!) Then we had dinner...and ice cream :-D which made me happy even though I'm not supposed to have it lol, but I had vanilla and it didn't bother me so too bad :P Then we watched a slideshow of the year...it got a lot of laughs as well as "aww"s from me...I didn't even realize some of those pictures had been taken! Omgsh, there's one of some of us at the kick off singing kareoke (sp) and a bunch of Godspell ones...including ones with our mouths wide open hahaha...and some from the Hatteras trip. So we had much fun overall^^ and I'm going to go with Anna and Ally and *pokes Rachel* some others (?) to rehersals this summer for the youth band, even though I'm not in it, because they said we could just come sing and then do a bible study afterwards. It's once a week on Mondays, I think 6-8 or something like that...sounds like fun.
I can't remember what I did Monday.
Tuesday I went to the chiropractor...listed about a million symptoms for him...and so he decided to take xrays. Well...I went back yesterday to get the results...and they didn't exactly make me very happy. A couple of different things...first of all, my left shoulder apparently has something wrong with it that's most likely been there since birth. The bone in my arm that connects to my shoulder comes up too high, which means there's a smaller gap between that bone and another one than there should be...so there's less tissue between them than there should be. That's why my shoulder makes clicking sounds when I move my arm...the bones don't quite touch, but they almost do, so they sorto f grind agaisnt eachother. So when I raise my arm, instead of the muscles in my back contracting normally, they have to do something kind of weird that I don't really understand but point being they contract differently than they do when I raise my right arm. It makes things kinda imbalanced...which has caused an S curve in my back...like scoliosis but not in the form you'd usually think of it, because my muscles continually pull on it. Apparently that's the cause of my wrist problems too. The tension it causes in my spinal cord causes nerves to do something weird (yes I know you med-science people are going to kill me, but I don't know what you call this stuff) that causes pain and weakness in my arms. The S curve is only in the top half-ish of my spine...the bottom is really straight actually...except one place near the bottom is really off, so that the vertebrea is sort of twisted, because it's balancing out my upper spine. Wow I'm almost out of time so I'm going to speed through the rest of this...that can cause the same kind of thing to happen to my legs, which is why I get crazy muscle spazzms and shaky legs that hurt and such. Then theres my neck. Think of it this way...if my face is facing <-- that way, my neck should look kinda like C except not quite so rounded. Mine looks like \ that. It doesn't curve. So the top vertebrea is doing all the adjusing, which means it's basically tilted.
Point of why this is making me mad: this isn't likely to go away or be able to be fixed. Possibility of surgery but not for a few years if ever...otherwise I get to live w/this stuff and get chiropractic treatment periodically for the rest of my life. ANd i get to do weight lifting lol. and I g2g. gnight!
Friday night was Davey's party...Anna and I have basically decided that's his name now lol...anyway, we finally got to reveal the latest evil plan! See Marc, we're not ALWAYS scheming against you! hehehe. Anyway...Anna and I spent each afternoon of the week before the party working on the present...A t-shirt and a CD holder. Just for the fact that I was determined to make him a shirt, and Anna wanted to paint something wooden, and I wouldn't let her get a rocking horse. Yesh. Hehehe so we wrote "I bite on the first date (...or before...)" on the front with a mouth with fangs in it, and on the back it says "My name isn't James...It's DAVEY" and "I'm a kidney stone!" with a picture of a kidney...with a smiley face on it...yesh we're weird! Anyway, between that and getting to spraypaint and paint the CD holder with metalic silver and tourquoise-ish paint, we had much fun, and it made Dave smile...so yay for that! The party was much fun...we watched the video Dave and Dilly made about attacking an orange, which had us all cracking up...some people DDRed...we watched "Real Men Don't Wear Plaid" and I don't think any of us followed along enough to have a clue what happened lol, but it was still fun! I had to leave early, so I missed the "I never" game afterwards...probably not entirely a bad thing lol.
The next morning I got up early and went to broughton to take the SATs...much fun, especially with two wrist braces, oh yesh. It wasn't too bad though...the math was decent, so I only left two answers blank, which were just the fill in type, because I didn't have time to finish, but I was decently confident on the rest. The english was kinda hard...but then again, my vocabulary is awful, so that's a good reason for me to struggle with it lol. A lot of the words from the vocab tests this year were on it though...don't forget those! There's one word they kept using over and over again that I couldn't remember what it meant...even though it's not an uncommon word, I just had a mental blank lol...oh well. Maybe sometime I'll remember what the word was lol so I can look it up before I take it again...I swear at least 5 questions used it! I ended up leaving like 4 english questions blank...blah. It'll be nice when they add the grammer section...though I dread the essay part...and they're killing the analogies, which makes me sad because I'm better at those than the evil reading comprehension things where like half of them say "what would the author of passage 1 likely feel about the point made in paragraph 5 of passage 2?" and on one of them the author of passage one was NEUTRUAL so I had no idea what I was talking about lol. Yes. Anyway...
After that I went to a crazy-long dance class...we cleaned up a lot of the routine though, which is good since our recital is the 16th! Ahh! And our rehersal is the 15th, just before the band concert...I'm determined to make both though, because missing dress rehersal=baaaaad because we're so used to having a mirror and that's the first time we practice without one! And I'm really bad about watching other people in the mirror lol. Oh well...Hehe, I guess I'd better learn what I'm doing, because Corey wants to come...
Saturday night, Corey came over^^ and we watched Twister on TV...not a bad movie, though I haven't the slightest idea how it ended...O:-) no complaints though! :-D hehehe...so we had much fun...<3<3<3<3<3 x insanely huge number to Corey^^
Sunday...I don't remember what I did during the day...but that night we had our final youth meeting :-( which was fun but sad at the same time. We basically got to do whatever we wanted, so our group played cards lol...mostly because Melissa wanted to, it was the only thing I could do with my wrist braces, and the foosball table was insanely crowded (sorry Marc!) Then we had dinner...and ice cream :-D which made me happy even though I'm not supposed to have it lol, but I had vanilla and it didn't bother me so too bad :P Then we watched a slideshow of the year...it got a lot of laughs as well as "aww"s from me...I didn't even realize some of those pictures had been taken! Omgsh, there's one of some of us at the kick off singing kareoke (sp) and a bunch of Godspell ones...including ones with our mouths wide open hahaha...and some from the Hatteras trip. So we had much fun overall^^ and I'm going to go with Anna and Ally and *pokes Rachel* some others (?) to rehersals this summer for the youth band, even though I'm not in it, because they said we could just come sing and then do a bible study afterwards. It's once a week on Mondays, I think 6-8 or something like that...sounds like fun.
I can't remember what I did Monday.
Tuesday I went to the chiropractor...listed about a million symptoms for him...and so he decided to take xrays. Well...I went back yesterday to get the results...and they didn't exactly make me very happy. A couple of different things...first of all, my left shoulder apparently has something wrong with it that's most likely been there since birth. The bone in my arm that connects to my shoulder comes up too high, which means there's a smaller gap between that bone and another one than there should be...so there's less tissue between them than there should be. That's why my shoulder makes clicking sounds when I move my arm...the bones don't quite touch, but they almost do, so they sorto f grind agaisnt eachother. So when I raise my arm, instead of the muscles in my back contracting normally, they have to do something kind of weird that I don't really understand but point being they contract differently than they do when I raise my right arm. It makes things kinda imbalanced...which has caused an S curve in my back...like scoliosis but not in the form you'd usually think of it, because my muscles continually pull on it. Apparently that's the cause of my wrist problems too. The tension it causes in my spinal cord causes nerves to do something weird (yes I know you med-science people are going to kill me, but I don't know what you call this stuff) that causes pain and weakness in my arms. The S curve is only in the top half-ish of my spine...the bottom is really straight actually...except one place near the bottom is really off, so that the vertebrea is sort of twisted, because it's balancing out my upper spine. Wow I'm almost out of time so I'm going to speed through the rest of this...that can cause the same kind of thing to happen to my legs, which is why I get crazy muscle spazzms and shaky legs that hurt and such. Then theres my neck. Think of it this way...if my face is facing <-- that way, my neck should look kinda like C except not quite so rounded. Mine looks like \ that. It doesn't curve. So the top vertebrea is doing all the adjusing, which means it's basically tilted.
Point of why this is making me mad: this isn't likely to go away or be able to be fixed. Possibility of surgery but not for a few years if ever...otherwise I get to live w/this stuff and get chiropractic treatment periodically for the rest of my life. ANd i get to do weight lifting lol. and I g2g. gnight!