<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, May 29, 2004

Yay update time:

Well, to start with, I didn't get the bell set, but I've found some others that start going off tomorrow that Marc and I both like, so I'll bid just before they go off.

Thursday exams were decent, though math was a little harder than I thought it would be. There were two questions I couldn't get answers for, and I had gone back to the first one of them and still hadn't found an answer when the teacher said time was up, so I just filled in "A" for both of them really fast. Band was pretty easy though stupid. We watched a video last Friday about music's history in different cultures and stuff like that...and that was what we were tested on, plus like 3 questions on theory. I had to know that a monkey dance is when people in Bali villages gather for dances. I also had to know that flowing Japanese music is called a gagaku. Random stuff like that, which had absolutely nothing to do with the year's cirriculum. But yeah, the only question I couldn't get was the first one, and not knowing the answer to it is really bothering me lol...It said "The type of music that requires specialized training is called ____." It was supposed to be something from the movie, but I had no idea, so I just put professional, but Mr. Rowe said that was wrong. Wow the most stupid little things like not knowing the answer to an easy exam can really bother me hahaha. Anyways, after the exam, a bunch of us helped Melissa make copies of music for people in marchinband to take home over the summer. Yay score order-ing :-D lol I'm weird and like doing that, and it works for Melissa because I think she'd rather me do it than her lol.

After school, I went home and ate some lunch, and then called Melissa. Omgsh she and I talked for ages lol, much fun. A little later I went over to Matt's house for an end of year party! Much fun. Corey and Steven and Zach had been there since school let out, cleaning and cooking and making trips to the grocery store. Sounded like they had a blast even if it was hectic lol. Corey seemed to have a LOT of fun with the chicken hahaha..."THE CHICKEN IS BEAUTIFUL!" and many other comments about plutonic chicken love *giggles* Megan said something about how James abandoned her for something, I think it was DDR, and I got to say, for honestly the very first time, "Don't worry, my boyfriend abandoned me for a chicken." Hahahaha not that he really did, but he had gone inside to get do something to it, and it was just funny. And *cracks up* as I write this I'm telling him about writing about the chicken being beautiful, and now he's comparing me to it except not. Anyway, so we ate dinner (mmm yummy pasta and really really good chocolate-filled cookies) and I watched a bunch of people run around with swords and other varrious killing items lol. I had a headache and was reaaaaaally tired from physical therapy and exercises from it, so I just sat and watched but that was ok :-) After a while, some of us went inside...and after a while Anna came! She was late because she had to go to a meeting about VBS first. So we all attacked her and she informed me that I'm helping her as an assistant teacher for the 4 year old class, which I was quite happy about because I'd be a lot more comfortable being in the same class as her! Anyway, so Anna and I ran downstairs to do a little planning for the hoopskirt I want to make her...and uhh see she wants a corset for it. And I have a weird kind of corset left from a dance recital a few years ago...but it looks more like a bra with a weird part at the bottom. And uhh well I brought it just so Anna could see what I was talking about...and that was fine when it was just us in the room...but uhh some ppl came down...and I just kinda left it lying on the table hahaha, waiting for a reaction. After a while Dave showed up and picked it up, held it up to him, and asked whose bra it was hahahaha. James put it on, though it'd barely fit and he had to wear it really low lol...and he and the other ppl ran off for a while with him still wearing it, stuffed with some yarn haha, so Corey and I were alone for a minute but we could hear them...a shout of "I don't want the first time I take a bra off someone for it to be you!" which made me crack up...I think Anna ended up taking it off of him. There was also much yearbook signing that night...including me accidentally handing Katie's yearbook to James thinking it was mine, so there's an entry to me in her yearbook now haha...And yeah that was our end of year party! So then I went home...w/a little err "souvineer design" *giggles innocently*

Friday, I went out to lunch with Mahitha, Vaishnovi, Amena, and Brittany, as a send-off for Mahitha. I gave her the scrapbook and we all passed it around and told stories. I brought my yearbook too, and had everyone sign it...It greatly amused me that Brittany wrote about which of the kidney members she thinks are hot. Britt had to leave at 1 because her family was going out of town...Honestly, her face when she was saying goodbye was enough to make me almost cry...but I didn't. Then my parents took the rest of us over to Dillard because Mahitha wanted to see her old teachers before she left, and the rest of us wanted to too. However...we got there at like 1:30 and went in the office to get visitors passes. Plenty of people from high schools did that on the last day of school when we were in middle school, so we assumed it wouldn't be a problem. Uhh...well the lady told us we couldn't go see teachers until 3:15 because school didn't let out until 3 (Last day of school=kids probably having free time to sign yearbooks *rolls eyes* that's what we always did in middle school). Anyway, so we were trying to figure out what to do because we didn't think we could get a ride for a while...so we were just going to sit outside on the benches and talk until we could come in...but oh my gosh, this other lady started yelling at us...she kept going on about how it was illegal for us to be on the campus during school hours and how we were tresspassing. She kept saying over and over "You're tresspassing!" and she seriously sounded really mad and scary. I asked her very nicely if we could sit outside on the benches since we couldn't get a ride, and again we were told "You're tresspassing!" It was like...we get that already! Omgsh...So we finally just went outside anyway...and Mahitha's parents managed to swing by and get us really fast on the way to their attorney for the closing on their house, which made them late to come get Mahitha's brothers from school later. So we went back to Amena's house since it was close and unoccupied. We hung out there for a while...and her mom came home from work about 3:05 and took us back to Dillard...where -SURPRISE- most of the teachers had already left because it was the last day of school! We got to see some of them though...none of the 8th grade teachers, mostly because few of them still teach there, but still...We saw Dr. Patel, our science teacher from 7th grade....it's amazing how much he's changed! He was soooo mean to our class, mostly becuase a lot of the kids in our class were horrible to him...I remember SB getting really pissed off one day and just walking out; she was in a different class but the story spread quickly...But he's nice now, and he's learned to teach a lot better from what I've heard from kids who've had him, including both SB's and Mahitha's brothers. He even asked me to tell SB he was sorry for yelling at her, just incase her little brother had never passed the message along. He appologized to Mahitha and me (yes Anna, it's gramatically correct) because he felt that we were very kind to him despite his bad teaching and bad temper and everything. We also saw Ms. East and Ms. Click...and I felt AWFUL afterwards because I didn't recognize Ms. Click and didn't say a word to her because I thought it was just one of Mahitha's teachers that I never had...She's lot a ton of weight and looks a lot different! Then we went to see Ms. Allen, who was wonderful, as always, and managed to remember me by name even though she hasn't seen me in years, and she's not exactly a young teacher, so I fully expected her to not know who I was. But yeah...she gave us both lots of compliments and such and ahhh she's just so sweet; I wish she'd come teach at Apex! She was my 6th grade science teacher, by the way, and I have never done as well in a science class as I did in hers, and I had a lot of fun in there too...we had a year long project that we got to name George. George was a random container full of green liquid in vials suspended in clear goo. Much fun haha. I remember teachers coming in and looking at it and going "what's that" and we're all like "THAT'S GEORGE!" *giggles* Ok enough reminiscing (sp). Ms. Causey and Ms. Colquitt had already left by the time we got to their rooms :-( but as music teachers I guess they didn't have to do much paperwork that day lol. Then Vaishu's parents took me home, but Mahitha told us we were getting together again before she left, so I didn't cry, which made Vaishu laugh when I announced it in the car lol.

Ugh both of my wrists are starting to hurt but I'm bored and I want to finish this so...yeah. *keeps typing* O:-)

I came home and found that a bowling gathering was in the process of being planned...and it amused me that Zach was going to plan it and then went "I give up" a few minutes after I got there hahaha, so I got to do some planning (As I've been told by multiple people, that's what I've been missed for since I haven't been at gatherings much the last few months, they've missed my planning skills and my house. Funny how I get "I missed you!" from like two or three of them and "PLAN SOMETHING NOW" from the rest hahaha). I called some people, including a person that I'd met for the first time the night before at Matt's...and I had to leave a message for her. I sound stupid on answering machines anyway, but it's really weird to invite someone you don't know to bowling hahaha oh well. She didn't end up showing up anyway. So Corey, Anna, Dave, Dillon, Katie, Zach, Steven, Scotty, and I went bowling...Anna and I got to use bumpers :-D yay hahaha we rule. I was crazy because I hadn't had breakfast, had a lot of sugar at lunch (blueberry muffins and icrecream and a salad...not that the salad was sugary lol...nor were the noodles....yeah), had an apple strudel thing for dinner that was really sugary and yummy, and then had fries at the bowling alley. How healthy hahaha. Yet I was all for the "evil plan" that was set to go get some icecream, but those plans fell through. I told Corey he can't win more than me until he blogs (full update, what he wrote tonight doesn't count) and that when he does, he can win more than me for three days of his choice. Lol yay bribery? I don't even know why I keep pushing him to blog, it's just become my obsession since he told me almost a week ago to make him blog lol.

I think I've been around too many Star Trek obsessors lately haha, because I just reread that sentence and read "borg" instead of "blog." I blame Anna but I still love her :-D

Today...Corey left this morning for his dad's house, but luckily he only has to stay until Monday, which is less time than what his dad said originally. So he'll have to miss the pool party but at least he'll be back earlier! *misses him already* Anyway, this evening I went to see Mahitha for the last time for quite a while...We went to her pool for a few hours...but I was really tired and they were playing pool dogeball, so after a while I got out and sat with Amena and some other people and played cards...Then we walked back to Mahitha's house...and I had to call my parents to come get me...and while we were waiting, it was awful, because we were both trying so hard not to be sad...I almost started to cry but she asked me not to because she didn't want to cry and she said she would if I did...so I made myself stop...barely...and my parents came...and we had a bunch of "last" hugs...and my mom started to talk to Mahitha's mom and was just talking about how much we'd miss them and for them to have a good trip and such, and she said something about how she was sure I'd miss them a lot too and everything...I was being kinda quiet...and oh my gosh, then mom started going on about how I'd miss Mahitha's mom's cooking hahaha, which at first was just kinda funny, because her mom is a really good cook, but it just went on too long and I was dying because I didn't want it to seem like the only reason I wanted to come over was because her mom was a good cook! Hahaha....but yeah...then we left...and did the whole "wave as you drive away" thing...and came home and talked to people online. I hopefully get to go visit Mahitha in India either next summer or the summer after senior year, in June, because we'll both be out of school then as long as she gets into the school she's trying for...We'll definitly both be off for June after senior year whether she gets in that school or not though. Brittany wants to come too, so that should make the long trip to and from India more fun too. The main problem is just safty...because a lot of the foreign airports have been known to not be very safe for foreigners, and that's not just a snooty American view, Mahitha's dad, who was born and raised in India, told my parents when I was supposed to go after 8th grade, that I shouldn't travel alone, that I needed an adult with me, so he was going to ride with me since he was only staying a few weeks so he could get back to work before the rest of the family returned to the USA. So yeah...I'm not sure exactly how that'll work; maybe he'll need to travel for business near here or something lol; I know he has to go to Atlanta a lot...we'll see. Vaishu get's to go see her over this summer since she's going back to India for a family trip anyway.

Plans for the week:
-tomorrow (err, today): sleep in and probably clean or something unless something is planned
-Monday-pool party for Memorial Day, except it storms every year so quite possibly not since there's already a possible chance of thunder storms lol...and Corey comes home that evening so maybe do something w/him or the kidney
-Tuesday: 9:00 help melissa make copies, 10:30 AM physical therapy appointment, go back to help make copies, home mid/late afternoon
-Wednesday: possible goodwill shopping spree? *pokes Anna, Melissa, and Rachel since I've already poked Corey*
-Thursday: physical therapy appointment 10:30 AM

Wow it took a long time to write this entry lol, about 2 1/2 hours! That's what I get for talking to people at the same time! Time for watching some TV and then bed. G'night!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?