Monday, June 21, 2004
I'm going to blog for sake of nothing to do and not feeling like going to bed because I don't feel like thinking now...yet I'm blogging...rather contradictory but oh well...I really don't feel like writing either.
Today, Matt and Zach randomly showed up at my house...to "ambush" me, as they put it. So I, having JUST stepped out of the shower, put some clothes on really quick and ran downstairs lol. We just hung out and talked for a while...It was kinda odd but it let me procrastinate on cleaning for a little bit.
Anna and I went back to VBS...same kids as yesterday, no changes except that one girl came late because of swim practice. There were quite a few arguments, mostly over arguments...which was ironic, considering the lesson for the night was friendship and love...We talked about what friendship meant, and the mini-Zach greatly amused Anna and me when this girl had her nametag in her mouth and he said to her, "best friends don't chew on name tags." He had many comments like that throughout the night, also including "best friends don't move trashcans." They got to decorate t-shirts tonight, and I think they had fun with that...especially considering the mascot, which is randomly a giant squirrel (what this has to do with the Olympics theme, I have no idea...they had to keep him away from one classroom though, because theres a girl who's terrified of squirrels and apparently cried because she was so scared that she might have to see him today...poor kid...but you've got to wonder why she's so scared of them...) showed up and all these little kids like attacked him, which, if nothing else, let the adults get some cute pictures. While the others were at music, one girl showed up late, and was really upset about not getting to make a t-shirt, so I took her back to the gym and she did her shirt and such...she's really sweet when she's the only kid there lol; just not so much when there're others around. The biggest "crisis" that I saw, besides the usual crazy arguments of mini-Zach and his supposed best friend (who we are separating as of tomorrow, since they always sit next to eachother and fight and draw on eachother's papers), happened at the end...The girl who'd come late was using a marker that she'd borrowed from another girl, and the teacher told them it was time to put the markers up because it was time to go home. She was trying to finish coloring a girls dress, but the marker's owner tried to grab the marker from here, which made the cup of lemonade (she had her snack in the room since she missed snack time) on the table tip over and spill, luckily missing the drawing, but getting her wet and sticky...and then the other girl was mad, so she poured the rest of the lemonade out of the cup too. So when her mom got there, she was telling her what happened, and the lady came and talked to me, not upset that it'd happened or anything, because really that's pretty normal for 4 year olds...but I did advise her to pack some markers for her daughter for the next day she comes and she agreed lol.
Now I'm going to take a second to whine, despite the fact that a lot of people have gone a lot longer than me without seeing their bf/gf and that this is nothing compared to the next few weeks that I won't see him after ASP: I miss Corey...and I don't think I've had a hug (non-online) from anyone since last Thursday...that's weeeeeeird.
I'm trying to figure out some things...do any of you reading this know where you want to go to college? I don't really know what to do now...because my major could be done at pretty much any non-specialized school...so...I always kinda figured I'd follow wherever my friends went. I don't want to go to State though, and I don't want to go to Chappel Hill because it's a lot of work, I have a low chance of getting a scholarship there, and it's big. Anna wants to go to Chappel Hill, and Corey's thinking about going straight to a culinary school...I know a few people that are interested in State...and I'm stuck. I mean, if Corey's in culinary school, most likely it's going to be out of state, so I can't do anything about that...If most of you guys end up at State and Chappel Hill, I'd like to try to go to Meredith, since it's near by, but I'm going to have to have so much help from scholarships, but I still don't know if I'd be able to get enough, because I'd need to cover most of the tuition in scholarships, and I'd feel a lot better using those scholarships towards a public school and saving more money...especially since I want to get my masters...even at a public school I'd need at least a loan to go the two extra years...although I'm thinking I'll start teaching at the same time as I earn my masters, so I guess that could change that. But anyway...yeah...The only school I really want to go to is UNC Wilmington, but I'm scared to go somewhere that I don't know people...and I only know of one or two of my friends that are even slightly considering it now...so if you'd like to tell me thoughts on where you might go, I'd appreciate it? Thanks
Today, Matt and Zach randomly showed up at my house...to "ambush" me, as they put it. So I, having JUST stepped out of the shower, put some clothes on really quick and ran downstairs lol. We just hung out and talked for a while...It was kinda odd but it let me procrastinate on cleaning for a little bit.
Anna and I went back to VBS...same kids as yesterday, no changes except that one girl came late because of swim practice. There were quite a few arguments, mostly over arguments...which was ironic, considering the lesson for the night was friendship and love...We talked about what friendship meant, and the mini-Zach greatly amused Anna and me when this girl had her nametag in her mouth and he said to her, "best friends don't chew on name tags." He had many comments like that throughout the night, also including "best friends don't move trashcans." They got to decorate t-shirts tonight, and I think they had fun with that...especially considering the mascot, which is randomly a giant squirrel (what this has to do with the Olympics theme, I have no idea...they had to keep him away from one classroom though, because theres a girl who's terrified of squirrels and apparently cried because she was so scared that she might have to see him today...poor kid...but you've got to wonder why she's so scared of them...) showed up and all these little kids like attacked him, which, if nothing else, let the adults get some cute pictures. While the others were at music, one girl showed up late, and was really upset about not getting to make a t-shirt, so I took her back to the gym and she did her shirt and such...she's really sweet when she's the only kid there lol; just not so much when there're others around. The biggest "crisis" that I saw, besides the usual crazy arguments of mini-Zach and his supposed best friend (who we are separating as of tomorrow, since they always sit next to eachother and fight and draw on eachother's papers), happened at the end...The girl who'd come late was using a marker that she'd borrowed from another girl, and the teacher told them it was time to put the markers up because it was time to go home. She was trying to finish coloring a girls dress, but the marker's owner tried to grab the marker from here, which made the cup of lemonade (she had her snack in the room since she missed snack time) on the table tip over and spill, luckily missing the drawing, but getting her wet and sticky...and then the other girl was mad, so she poured the rest of the lemonade out of the cup too. So when her mom got there, she was telling her what happened, and the lady came and talked to me, not upset that it'd happened or anything, because really that's pretty normal for 4 year olds...but I did advise her to pack some markers for her daughter for the next day she comes and she agreed lol.
Now I'm going to take a second to whine, despite the fact that a lot of people have gone a lot longer than me without seeing their bf/gf and that this is nothing compared to the next few weeks that I won't see him after ASP: I miss Corey...and I don't think I've had a hug (non-online) from anyone since last Thursday...that's weeeeeeird.
I'm trying to figure out some things...do any of you reading this know where you want to go to college? I don't really know what to do now...because my major could be done at pretty much any non-specialized school...so...I always kinda figured I'd follow wherever my friends went. I don't want to go to State though, and I don't want to go to Chappel Hill because it's a lot of work, I have a low chance of getting a scholarship there, and it's big. Anna wants to go to Chappel Hill, and Corey's thinking about going straight to a culinary school...I know a few people that are interested in State...and I'm stuck. I mean, if Corey's in culinary school, most likely it's going to be out of state, so I can't do anything about that...If most of you guys end up at State and Chappel Hill, I'd like to try to go to Meredith, since it's near by, but I'm going to have to have so much help from scholarships, but I still don't know if I'd be able to get enough, because I'd need to cover most of the tuition in scholarships, and I'd feel a lot better using those scholarships towards a public school and saving more money...especially since I want to get my masters...even at a public school I'd need at least a loan to go the two extra years...although I'm thinking I'll start teaching at the same time as I earn my masters, so I guess that could change that. But anyway...yeah...The only school I really want to go to is UNC Wilmington, but I'm scared to go somewhere that I don't know people...and I only know of one or two of my friends that are even slightly considering it now...so if you'd like to tell me thoughts on where you might go, I'd appreciate it? Thanks