Monday, July 05, 2004
I’m baaaaaaaaaaack! And I need a crazy huge blog entry that I’ll attempt to write without falling asleep!
I just scanned through my past few entries and I’ll try to put down a few things that happened since my last update and when we went to ASP:
I slept over at Anna’s house! We had much fun and watched a chick flick...We would’ve watched two, but we ended up stopping the first one because it was weeeeeeird lol. Something about a girl wanting to make Thanksgiving dinner for her family but there was NO BACKGROUND MUSIC which bugged me, and then there was a scene where she and her boyfriend or husband or whatever he was had sex while discussing the dinner...random shouts of “And gravey! And cranberry sauce!” in an orgasmic voice were creepy. So we watched another movie that I can’t think of the name of, and it was good. Then we got online and talked to people for a while, including planning things with Corey because Anna is wonderful and lets me whine about missing Corey for a few days when she hasn’t seen Marc in ages and agreed to the three of us spending time the next day so I could see him. We planned a cooking gathering...more on that in a minute. Oh and Anna kept trying to force me to eat things lol. I ate a TON of ice cream during the movie, a few grapes, and a chocolate cookie and she’s like “Aren’t you hungry? You need food!” which just cracked me up. Around 4:30, we finally went to bed.
The next morning, Corey called my cell at 10 (as we’d told him to do) to wake us up...and he kept trying to make us stand up because he was afraid if he hung up the phone with us still sitting or lying down we’d just fall back asleep haha. We eventually got up though...Ate breakfast (or I did anyway...Anna the “YOU NEED FOOD” girl didn’t have anything lol :P ) and then went off to the grocery store with Corey. I think the only thing of note that happened there was that Anna danced around in an isle singing “We All Live in a Yellow Submarine” hahaha. Then we went back to Anna’s house and made pizza and chocolate chip cookies, both from scratch. Yummy. I love making pizza because I can put my weird combinations of food on it (ricotta cheese, pineapple, oregano, mushrooms, and regular cheeses, but no tomato sauce). The cookies were good, and I know Corey’s going to think I’m crazy, but I don’t think I have much of a preference between them and slice ‘n bake. They’re both good.
We somehow convinced Corey to come with us to VBS since our other teacher wasn’t going to be there...He said he doesn’t like being around “childrens” but he did really well with them and seemed to enjoy himself...so we got him to come back the next day too! We discovered a container of markers in one of the cabinets, which helped prevent a lot of the usual arguments, so there weren’t too many problems either day. The main thing that comes to mind is the time one little girl decided that a Raspberry marker would make pretty lipstick and drew it over her mouth. I can’t believe it didn’t end up all over her face, but she managed to keep most of it on her lips...luckily we were able to stop the second kid from trying it before she’d gotten very far. I took both of them to the bathroom to get cleaned up...and they were crazy wild the whole time. They kept trying to kiss eachother as we walked towards the bathroom, and I was more worried about them spreading the marker even further than I was about them trying to kiss eachother, since the main purpose seemed to be to get “lipstick” all over the other one’s face. Once we got in the bathroom, they both decided they needed to use the bathroom too, so they went in the stalls...and a few seconds later, one crawled under the doorway into the other ones stall...and that just made them crack up even more...so by the time they came out and I could wipe the marker off their faces, they would hardly stand still. Thank goodness for Crayola washable markers lol; a little water on a paper towel actually took the Raspberry off a lot quicker than I thought it would. The other girls red spot was apparently made by another kind of marker though, since I couldn’t get it off, so I just told her it was gone since she wasn’t paying attention to the mirror, and I figured after a few washings it would dissappear. So then they had to stop by the water fountain on the way back to the class...and they kept trying to gargle the water...They were just crazy hyper. The rest of the classes were pretty good though. I got to cary one girl inside when she didn’t want to leave her mom from the recreation center, but once I’d picked her up she seemed ok. On the last night, the kids had a performance where they sang songs they’d learned throughout the week...and it amused me that they had the lyrics to the song that the 4 year olds sang up on the wall like they did for the other songs...because I think there was one girl in the class that could read more than “Cat” and stuff like that.
Friday, I packed most of the day and went out for a yummy dinner since I was kinda worried about the ASP food. Corey came over that night for what I thought would be the last of our “alone time” we’d have for weeks. I don’t remember what movie we watched...I just remember having to make myself not cry because I didn’t want it to be the last night we could spend together for so long...So I just clung to him for a while and was kinda quiet at first...and then I decided that that’s no way to spend time together...and then I had fun, as always.
Saturday was ASP day! We picked up Corey early in the morning since his mom was gone getting Hannah from camp, and then went to the church. We had to ride with our groups for the first half of the way to the hotel, but we were told that we could switch after lunch, which made me feel a lot better. I knew Leslie from school, since I’ve known her a little bit since 5th grade and she was my lab partner part of this year, and I knew Kevin really vaguely since he’s pretty quiet but I’d had classes with him. I didn’t know Michael at all. Jessica didn’t ride with us at that point since she came a day late from basketball camp, but I didn’t know her at all either. Mr. White was one of my leaders, and I knew him since he was my small group leader when I came as a freshman. My other leader was Mrs. Coats. I know her three daughters...two of which are very nice and are friends with Anna...the other one...She was in Godspell...and we don’t get along well. I was kinda afriad Mrs. Coats would be like her, but she was actually really nice and hard working and everything like that. She and I were the only two in the group that hadn’t been on ASP before, but she’d done AOSP (Apex Outreach Service Project...basically the same as ASP but not so far away and you stay at the church each night and it’s only a one week job, compared to ASP, which lasts 8 weeks but each church only goes one week), so I was definitly the one that had no idea what I was doing lol.
When we stopped for lunch, we waited around for a while since Corey’s van was behind, and then the five (Corey, Melissa, Anna, Rachel, and I) walked over to Subway, which was insanely slow lol. We talked to a group returning from ASP while we waited though. Then we ran back to the vans and ate in the parkinglot and switched rides...Unfortunately, we didn’t get it worked out so that we could all ride in the same van, so Melissa rode with her group while the rest of us rode together.
When we got to the hotel, we found out that the room arrangements were actually really nice...Mrs. Toby had put Melissa, Rachel, and I together already...and she said we could trade people as long as no one’s feelings were hurt in the process...and since we could have up to four people in the room, we just grabbed Anna without having to trade anyone out since we only had three. We had a lot of free time...so we played cards lol. The leaders let Corey stay in our room as long as we kept the door open, so that made me happy. Oh, and there was a freezer in the room with an ice tray in it...and Rachel had brought some trailmix like stuff with dried fruit in it and such...so we made ice cubes with random things inside of them. We put Skittles in a few of them...which was really odd...because we discovered that as the water freezes, the “S”s from the top just float up...so at the top of the ice cube, there was a random “S.” We called a few people from Rachel’s cell just for sake of something to do, and I told everyone I talked to about the ice cubes haha.
Bah my wrists are hurting and my eyes keep closing...which means this will probably be continued in a second entry lol...but I’ll keep going for a little while.
That night, we were given the option of a few resturants to go to...So about 30 of the 70ish (not sure how many people came late; there were 77 total by the next day) people decided to go to Cracker Barrel. I’d never been there before...but the store greatly amused me, and that was good since there were so many of us, as well as another group of about 40, so it took a while to get seated. We were very well fed though lol....I think we all felt like we were about to burst by the time we left...yet we got some candy and things from the store...I got a container of buckeyes that I made everyone eat too since there were a lot...but I couldn’t resist them lol. Mmmm candied peanutbutter coated in milk chocolate, in case you don’t know what they are. Then we went back to the hotel...and found out that Mrs. Toby had gotten a cake and cupcakes since it was two people’s birthday. I didn’t eat any, but I was amused by Corey being very excited about being able to light the candles lol.
I love how I typed most of that last sentence with my eyes closed.
Then we went upstairs and watched a lot of “The Munsters” hehe...They didn’t have the Food Network, which made Corey and Melissa mad...We had “lights out” at 11, so Corey had to leave...and then Anna and I stayed up and whispered for a long time haha wooooooooooot evil plans!
I think I’m going to end there for the night and go to bed and write more tomorrow or whenever else I feel like writing. G’night!
I just scanned through my past few entries and I’ll try to put down a few things that happened since my last update and when we went to ASP:
I slept over at Anna’s house! We had much fun and watched a chick flick...We would’ve watched two, but we ended up stopping the first one because it was weeeeeeird lol. Something about a girl wanting to make Thanksgiving dinner for her family but there was NO BACKGROUND MUSIC which bugged me, and then there was a scene where she and her boyfriend or husband or whatever he was had sex while discussing the dinner...random shouts of “And gravey! And cranberry sauce!” in an orgasmic voice were creepy. So we watched another movie that I can’t think of the name of, and it was good. Then we got online and talked to people for a while, including planning things with Corey because Anna is wonderful and lets me whine about missing Corey for a few days when she hasn’t seen Marc in ages and agreed to the three of us spending time the next day so I could see him. We planned a cooking gathering...more on that in a minute. Oh and Anna kept trying to force me to eat things lol. I ate a TON of ice cream during the movie, a few grapes, and a chocolate cookie and she’s like “Aren’t you hungry? You need food!” which just cracked me up. Around 4:30, we finally went to bed.
The next morning, Corey called my cell at 10 (as we’d told him to do) to wake us up...and he kept trying to make us stand up because he was afraid if he hung up the phone with us still sitting or lying down we’d just fall back asleep haha. We eventually got up though...Ate breakfast (or I did anyway...Anna the “YOU NEED FOOD” girl didn’t have anything lol :P ) and then went off to the grocery store with Corey. I think the only thing of note that happened there was that Anna danced around in an isle singing “We All Live in a Yellow Submarine” hahaha. Then we went back to Anna’s house and made pizza and chocolate chip cookies, both from scratch. Yummy. I love making pizza because I can put my weird combinations of food on it (ricotta cheese, pineapple, oregano, mushrooms, and regular cheeses, but no tomato sauce). The cookies were good, and I know Corey’s going to think I’m crazy, but I don’t think I have much of a preference between them and slice ‘n bake. They’re both good.
We somehow convinced Corey to come with us to VBS since our other teacher wasn’t going to be there...He said he doesn’t like being around “childrens” but he did really well with them and seemed to enjoy himself...so we got him to come back the next day too! We discovered a container of markers in one of the cabinets, which helped prevent a lot of the usual arguments, so there weren’t too many problems either day. The main thing that comes to mind is the time one little girl decided that a Raspberry marker would make pretty lipstick and drew it over her mouth. I can’t believe it didn’t end up all over her face, but she managed to keep most of it on her lips...luckily we were able to stop the second kid from trying it before she’d gotten very far. I took both of them to the bathroom to get cleaned up...and they were crazy wild the whole time. They kept trying to kiss eachother as we walked towards the bathroom, and I was more worried about them spreading the marker even further than I was about them trying to kiss eachother, since the main purpose seemed to be to get “lipstick” all over the other one’s face. Once we got in the bathroom, they both decided they needed to use the bathroom too, so they went in the stalls...and a few seconds later, one crawled under the doorway into the other ones stall...and that just made them crack up even more...so by the time they came out and I could wipe the marker off their faces, they would hardly stand still. Thank goodness for Crayola washable markers lol; a little water on a paper towel actually took the Raspberry off a lot quicker than I thought it would. The other girls red spot was apparently made by another kind of marker though, since I couldn’t get it off, so I just told her it was gone since she wasn’t paying attention to the mirror, and I figured after a few washings it would dissappear. So then they had to stop by the water fountain on the way back to the class...and they kept trying to gargle the water...They were just crazy hyper. The rest of the classes were pretty good though. I got to cary one girl inside when she didn’t want to leave her mom from the recreation center, but once I’d picked her up she seemed ok. On the last night, the kids had a performance where they sang songs they’d learned throughout the week...and it amused me that they had the lyrics to the song that the 4 year olds sang up on the wall like they did for the other songs...because I think there was one girl in the class that could read more than “Cat” and stuff like that.
Friday, I packed most of the day and went out for a yummy dinner since I was kinda worried about the ASP food. Corey came over that night for what I thought would be the last of our “alone time” we’d have for weeks. I don’t remember what movie we watched...I just remember having to make myself not cry because I didn’t want it to be the last night we could spend together for so long...So I just clung to him for a while and was kinda quiet at first...and then I decided that that’s no way to spend time together...and then I had fun, as always.
Saturday was ASP day! We picked up Corey early in the morning since his mom was gone getting Hannah from camp, and then went to the church. We had to ride with our groups for the first half of the way to the hotel, but we were told that we could switch after lunch, which made me feel a lot better. I knew Leslie from school, since I’ve known her a little bit since 5th grade and she was my lab partner part of this year, and I knew Kevin really vaguely since he’s pretty quiet but I’d had classes with him. I didn’t know Michael at all. Jessica didn’t ride with us at that point since she came a day late from basketball camp, but I didn’t know her at all either. Mr. White was one of my leaders, and I knew him since he was my small group leader when I came as a freshman. My other leader was Mrs. Coats. I know her three daughters...two of which are very nice and are friends with Anna...the other one...She was in Godspell...and we don’t get along well. I was kinda afriad Mrs. Coats would be like her, but she was actually really nice and hard working and everything like that. She and I were the only two in the group that hadn’t been on ASP before, but she’d done AOSP (Apex Outreach Service Project...basically the same as ASP but not so far away and you stay at the church each night and it’s only a one week job, compared to ASP, which lasts 8 weeks but each church only goes one week), so I was definitly the one that had no idea what I was doing lol.
When we stopped for lunch, we waited around for a while since Corey’s van was behind, and then the five (Corey, Melissa, Anna, Rachel, and I) walked over to Subway, which was insanely slow lol. We talked to a group returning from ASP while we waited though. Then we ran back to the vans and ate in the parkinglot and switched rides...Unfortunately, we didn’t get it worked out so that we could all ride in the same van, so Melissa rode with her group while the rest of us rode together.
When we got to the hotel, we found out that the room arrangements were actually really nice...Mrs. Toby had put Melissa, Rachel, and I together already...and she said we could trade people as long as no one’s feelings were hurt in the process...and since we could have up to four people in the room, we just grabbed Anna without having to trade anyone out since we only had three. We had a lot of free time...so we played cards lol. The leaders let Corey stay in our room as long as we kept the door open, so that made me happy. Oh, and there was a freezer in the room with an ice tray in it...and Rachel had brought some trailmix like stuff with dried fruit in it and such...so we made ice cubes with random things inside of them. We put Skittles in a few of them...which was really odd...because we discovered that as the water freezes, the “S”s from the top just float up...so at the top of the ice cube, there was a random “S.” We called a few people from Rachel’s cell just for sake of something to do, and I told everyone I talked to about the ice cubes haha.
Bah my wrists are hurting and my eyes keep closing...which means this will probably be continued in a second entry lol...but I’ll keep going for a little while.
That night, we were given the option of a few resturants to go to...So about 30 of the 70ish (not sure how many people came late; there were 77 total by the next day) people decided to go to Cracker Barrel. I’d never been there before...but the store greatly amused me, and that was good since there were so many of us, as well as another group of about 40, so it took a while to get seated. We were very well fed though lol....I think we all felt like we were about to burst by the time we left...yet we got some candy and things from the store...I got a container of buckeyes that I made everyone eat too since there were a lot...but I couldn’t resist them lol. Mmmm candied peanutbutter coated in milk chocolate, in case you don’t know what they are. Then we went back to the hotel...and found out that Mrs. Toby had gotten a cake and cupcakes since it was two people’s birthday. I didn’t eat any, but I was amused by Corey being very excited about being able to light the candles lol.
I love how I typed most of that last sentence with my eyes closed.
Then we went upstairs and watched a lot of “The Munsters” hehe...They didn’t have the Food Network, which made Corey and Melissa mad...We had “lights out” at 11, so Corey had to leave...and then Anna and I stayed up and whispered for a long time haha wooooooooooot evil plans!
I think I’m going to end there for the night and go to bed and write more tomorrow or whenever else I feel like writing. G’night!