Sunday, July 11, 2004
I've decided that when I write long entries, no one reads them because no one comments hahaha.
I'm writing from my Aunt's house now...and I promise this won't be as long as the last few entries.!
For sake of keeping this in order I have to first talk about doctors appointments lol. Tuesday I had physical therapy and a chiropractor appointment in the morning, and another doctors appointment in the afternoon. That one was kind of weird...He's like a combination doctor. He helps people with certain types of pain medications, regulating doses because a lot of them can have serious side effects and such...but then he also has a degree in psychology, and from what I could tell, he (or at least the other doctors in his office considering the pamphlets in the waiting room) does some work with hypochondriacts (I think I spelled it right maybe?) and people with depression and eating dissorders. I had to go in and talk to him alone for a while before my parents came in, and it was weeeeird. I was already rather paranoid because of the psychology part...which is stupid because I used to want to be one and he was everything I expected and really nice and easy to talk to and everything...but psychology in general makes me nervous. So he asked me about symptoms and did some reflex and strength tests, just like all the other doctors and physical therapists have done...and randomly he'd throw in questions about my life. How I get along with my family, when my curfue is, how many close friends do I have, etc. He asked a few questions about Corey-from "how long have you been together?" to "does he smoke?" lol. He asked about my last major growth spurts and weight changes and things like that and asked if I thought I'd ever had an eating disorder. He asked a few questions about depression, but since that's in the past and I'm happy now and that had absolutely nothing to do with my shoulder and such, I didn't really get into any of it. In the end, he told me that I had absolutely no psychological problems (to which I felt relieved even though it wasn't really suspected that I had one, I was just going for a pain medication evaluation) and that I needed to go see a neurologist, which was next on our list anyway. He doesn't want to put me on any more painkillers unless the pain gets a lot worse because they've got some icky side effects, and considering how half of a dose of some of the other kinds I've tried have made me feel, I'm all for avoiding them lol.
Wednesday I had yet ANOTHER doctors appointment...I was so sick of doctors appointments by then...but this one was an eye doctors appointment, which I needed...and I get a new left lense because now my left eye has astigmatism (sp?), and the strain on it is probably causing my weird vision lately. I don't have to change glasses though; they're just going to get a new left lense and switch it with the old one. I still only have to wear them in class and such though, so it's not a big deal.
Then came the fun part of Wednesday...
I officially owe Steven majorly because, thanks to him, we carried out an awesome evil plan! wOOt! Steven is in Matt's scout troop but he didn't go to camp this year, though Corey and Matt did. Steven called his leader and got names and numbers for a bunch of people and called around until he found someone willing to give us a ride up to the camp. This lady had never met either of us, and she drove us about 2 1/2 hours each way, so we were really greatful. So we went to Matt's troop's campsite first, since Steven knew where it was, and waited for him to come back since he was still at a lesson. We were going to surprise him somehow, but Matt's rather hard to surprise, so we just stood there and let him be baffled as he saw us while he came up the road. Then he ran up and hugged me and swung me around and started laughing...It's been a while since I've seen him look so happy. After the accident, I think he needed some company, and his scout troop has a bunch of annoying kids in it, so I guess we were a nice break. Anyway, we talked with him for a while, gave him some "survival food" (aka smarties-it made me laugh that his mom sent him mints and I brought smarties because the camp food is awful) and then I got impatient and asked if we could go see Corey lol. We were going to just meet up with him at dinner since it would be soon, but we found out that Matt's troop was eating dinner at their campsite because parents had come for visitor's night. He walked us to Corey's camp though, and we planned how to surprise him...We could see that they were having a meeting, facing away from us, and Corey was in the perfect position because he was right at the back of the crowd, towards us...so Matt was going to go around and talk to him as a distraction, I would come up behind him and cover his eyes and shout "guess who?!" and Steven would step out from behind a tree and take a picture. But of course it didn't go that smoothly haha. Dan, a guy in Corey's troop that Matt and I know from band, saw us coming, and Matt tried to make him shush...but either he couldn't see what Matt was doing or thought he was waving or something, so he said something to Corey about how he might recognize some people...so as we were going down the road towards our "positions," Corey turned around and saw us lol. I couldn't see his face-between the distance and my eyes being dialated from earlier lol-but he described his thoughts later as a series of blinks so I guess he was pretty surprised hehe...and I gave him his "Camp Survival Kit" that I'd made...with an odd varriation on the normal idea...Food=smarties, First Aid=Magic Jen Bandaids and Emergency Kisses, Entertainment (which Zach said you'd put in a survival kit? sure why not)=a paper with pictures of Iron Chef, Emeril, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, a spatula, and most of the kidney; aka things he'd miss. As a random filler, there were a whole bunch of <3s and 42s all cut out like confetti, along with like 10 googly eyes. Hehehe. Steven and I went with Corey and his troop to eat dinner...where I go tto feel ultra-special because that's the first time Corey's ever introduced me as his girlfriend...Oh boy I got lots of questions before that though hahaha, a kid asked if I was Steven's girlfriend, Steven's sister, Matt's girlfriend (we got an "oooo busted!" when he responded with "not anymore"), Steven and I were both asked if we were Corey's siblings, and some kids in Corey's troop I guess decided to try to make me jelous and ask Corey if I was "Stephanie who you keep talking about?" lol...I think that was it...Anyways, after dinner we walked around for a while...which is when I decided I really hate having muscle problems because I had a hard time going up those hills and it's rediculus...Then we went back and hung out with Matt for a while so that Corey could get changed for a ceremony...and then we all went over to the ceremony place and found Corey. I got to sit with him, but there was no more room after that, so Matt and Steven went off somewhere. The ceremony started with some skits...They had one about Harry Potter going to camp that was pretty cool...and they kept having to consulte their "memory spells" (aka scripts) when they forgot their lines haha. Uncle Vernon told Harry "There's no such thing as scouting!" instead of magic, and Hagrid came and took him to boy scout camp. They had to go through a window to get to the supply store, where they bought a hiking staff the way that Harry found a wand in the books-err, sort of. Then there was a whole 3 Little Bears spin off but then it went back to normal haha. He went to buy an owl...and the owls head was spinning all the way around over and over and it was really odd...and something happened so that the medical crews had to come take the owl away...but as they put it on the streatcher, it rolled off, and the head of the owl went flying hahaha. I take it that part wasn't planned, but it made us all crack up so it worked. The rest of the ceremony, I honestly didn't understand very much...There were some Native American dances, a fire lighting ceremony, and some people shot flaming arrows in the lake. Scouts in different..levels? Areas of scouting? something like that? were honored...Oh somewhere in there, they read a cool poem about the American Flag and we sang a song...And I just have to randomly add in that the scout sitting on the other side of me asked "uhh...why do you keep feeling eachother's hair?" when Corey and I patted eachother on the head hahaha. After the ceremony, Corey walked me back to Matt's campsite so I could find the lady who was going to give me a ride home...and I felt bad because I knew it was going to make him late for some meeting he was supposed to go to, but he said he wanted to walk me back, even after we found Matt who could've showed me the way...but it was really sweet of Corey so I felt special again hehe. As always, the goodbye was tough...I wonder if there's just something about standing outside hugging someone that intensifies the feeling of not wanting to let go...or maybe it was just that that was the 3rd time I'd thought it'd be the last time I'd get to see him until July 18th, so it was the third round of goodbyes within 5 days. Anyway...I had to let go because he had to go off to the meeting...and pretty soon Steven and I left, taking Matt along with us so he could go use the phone or computer or something on the other side of the camp...Then said goodbye to him...and then drove back home. We listened to a book on tape that was insanely detailed and therefore it bothered me even though it had a decent plot...except stupid moments like when this guy tried to kill a dog because it had darted out and startled his wife so that she jumped and got hit by a car. The three of us spent a lot of time laughing and making fun of it though so it was ok lol. We got home around 1 AM on Thursday...which addmitedly made physical therapy rather hard the next day...but it was worth it and a whoooooole lot more because I got to see my Corey :-D and Matt, which made me feel a little better since I hadn't seen him since the accident, and you all know I don't deal well with those kinds of things.
Ugh its 2 AM I'll finish this up quick:
Saw "The Day After Tomorrow" on Friday with a group of people...and 4 of the 5 girls that came ended up riding together, which made the car rides really hillarious lol...Anna's mom took us, so I guess she's used to me being loud by now, but Hannah's mom took us home...and for some reason I'm not usually a loud person around her...I guess Corey and I just don't talk a lot when adults are around, because we're the same way around my parents. Anyway, we were really wild by the time she took us home so I'm wondering if she thought that was weird or not. The movie was pretty good, though odd and not what I was expecting since all I'd been told about it was "a tidal wave hits New York" when it's really about how global warming can lead to a sudden Ice Age lol. That was definitly an interesting night though...Zach had asked Carli out earlier that day, by the end of the movie Hannah and Andy were going out, and another two who shall remain nameless were kissing at the end and no one seems to know what's going on there, or at least I don't hahaha. Oh and Marc's cousin came and he's from France and doesn't speak a lot of English...and I'm a fast talker...and I was the first to hug him, which scared him enough, but when I patted him on the head later, he drew back like he thought I was about to slap him. Marc even said that I scared him the most. It amuses me, of all the people there to be scared of, he's scared of Jen the peace maker that can't even kill a spider lol.
Friday, I went to my Aunts. The security at RDU was really lax that day for some reason, so they let my dad walk me to the gate and everything, which made me feel better lol. The Atlanta policy says no one can come to meet you or take you to a gate though, so I had to find the baggage claim on my own, but for some reason I was more confident about that, even though I had to go downstairs, take a subway-like thing, get off at the right place, get back upstairs, and find the right baggage claim area. Somehow that phases me much less than finding the right gate. Go figure. So I found my aunt and we took Marta and then went to her house and talked a lot...including a long political discussion lol; Anna would've gone crazy...and today we spent a lot of time finding patterns and materials and such because my aunt's going to teach me how to make a skirt for myself and then we're going to work on a hoopskirt and corsett set for Anna :-D
Ok 2:09 so I'm going to bed lol sleeeeeeeeeeep goodnight!
I'm writing from my Aunt's house now...and I promise this won't be as long as the last few entries.!
For sake of keeping this in order I have to first talk about doctors appointments lol. Tuesday I had physical therapy and a chiropractor appointment in the morning, and another doctors appointment in the afternoon. That one was kind of weird...He's like a combination doctor. He helps people with certain types of pain medications, regulating doses because a lot of them can have serious side effects and such...but then he also has a degree in psychology, and from what I could tell, he (or at least the other doctors in his office considering the pamphlets in the waiting room) does some work with hypochondriacts (I think I spelled it right maybe?) and people with depression and eating dissorders. I had to go in and talk to him alone for a while before my parents came in, and it was weeeeird. I was already rather paranoid because of the psychology part...which is stupid because I used to want to be one and he was everything I expected and really nice and easy to talk to and everything...but psychology in general makes me nervous. So he asked me about symptoms and did some reflex and strength tests, just like all the other doctors and physical therapists have done...and randomly he'd throw in questions about my life. How I get along with my family, when my curfue is, how many close friends do I have, etc. He asked a few questions about Corey-from "how long have you been together?" to "does he smoke?" lol. He asked about my last major growth spurts and weight changes and things like that and asked if I thought I'd ever had an eating disorder. He asked a few questions about depression, but since that's in the past and I'm happy now and that had absolutely nothing to do with my shoulder and such, I didn't really get into any of it. In the end, he told me that I had absolutely no psychological problems (to which I felt relieved even though it wasn't really suspected that I had one, I was just going for a pain medication evaluation) and that I needed to go see a neurologist, which was next on our list anyway. He doesn't want to put me on any more painkillers unless the pain gets a lot worse because they've got some icky side effects, and considering how half of a dose of some of the other kinds I've tried have made me feel, I'm all for avoiding them lol.
Wednesday I had yet ANOTHER doctors appointment...I was so sick of doctors appointments by then...but this one was an eye doctors appointment, which I needed...and I get a new left lense because now my left eye has astigmatism (sp?), and the strain on it is probably causing my weird vision lately. I don't have to change glasses though; they're just going to get a new left lense and switch it with the old one. I still only have to wear them in class and such though, so it's not a big deal.
Then came the fun part of Wednesday...
I officially owe Steven majorly because, thanks to him, we carried out an awesome evil plan! wOOt! Steven is in Matt's scout troop but he didn't go to camp this year, though Corey and Matt did. Steven called his leader and got names and numbers for a bunch of people and called around until he found someone willing to give us a ride up to the camp. This lady had never met either of us, and she drove us about 2 1/2 hours each way, so we were really greatful. So we went to Matt's troop's campsite first, since Steven knew where it was, and waited for him to come back since he was still at a lesson. We were going to surprise him somehow, but Matt's rather hard to surprise, so we just stood there and let him be baffled as he saw us while he came up the road. Then he ran up and hugged me and swung me around and started laughing...It's been a while since I've seen him look so happy. After the accident, I think he needed some company, and his scout troop has a bunch of annoying kids in it, so I guess we were a nice break. Anyway, we talked with him for a while, gave him some "survival food" (aka smarties-it made me laugh that his mom sent him mints and I brought smarties because the camp food is awful) and then I got impatient and asked if we could go see Corey lol. We were going to just meet up with him at dinner since it would be soon, but we found out that Matt's troop was eating dinner at their campsite because parents had come for visitor's night. He walked us to Corey's camp though, and we planned how to surprise him...We could see that they were having a meeting, facing away from us, and Corey was in the perfect position because he was right at the back of the crowd, towards us...so Matt was going to go around and talk to him as a distraction, I would come up behind him and cover his eyes and shout "guess who?!" and Steven would step out from behind a tree and take a picture. But of course it didn't go that smoothly haha. Dan, a guy in Corey's troop that Matt and I know from band, saw us coming, and Matt tried to make him shush...but either he couldn't see what Matt was doing or thought he was waving or something, so he said something to Corey about how he might recognize some people...so as we were going down the road towards our "positions," Corey turned around and saw us lol. I couldn't see his face-between the distance and my eyes being dialated from earlier lol-but he described his thoughts later as a series of blinks so I guess he was pretty surprised hehe...and I gave him his "Camp Survival Kit" that I'd made...with an odd varriation on the normal idea...Food=smarties, First Aid=Magic Jen Bandaids and Emergency Kisses, Entertainment (which Zach said you'd put in a survival kit? sure why not)=a paper with pictures of Iron Chef, Emeril, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, a spatula, and most of the kidney; aka things he'd miss. As a random filler, there were a whole bunch of <3s and 42s all cut out like confetti, along with like 10 googly eyes. Hehehe. Steven and I went with Corey and his troop to eat dinner...where I go tto feel ultra-special because that's the first time Corey's ever introduced me as his girlfriend...Oh boy I got lots of questions before that though hahaha, a kid asked if I was Steven's girlfriend, Steven's sister, Matt's girlfriend (we got an "oooo busted!" when he responded with "not anymore"), Steven and I were both asked if we were Corey's siblings, and some kids in Corey's troop I guess decided to try to make me jelous and ask Corey if I was "Stephanie who you keep talking about?" lol...I think that was it...Anyways, after dinner we walked around for a while...which is when I decided I really hate having muscle problems because I had a hard time going up those hills and it's rediculus...Then we went back and hung out with Matt for a while so that Corey could get changed for a ceremony...and then we all went over to the ceremony place and found Corey. I got to sit with him, but there was no more room after that, so Matt and Steven went off somewhere. The ceremony started with some skits...They had one about Harry Potter going to camp that was pretty cool...and they kept having to consulte their "memory spells" (aka scripts) when they forgot their lines haha. Uncle Vernon told Harry "There's no such thing as scouting!" instead of magic, and Hagrid came and took him to boy scout camp. They had to go through a window to get to the supply store, where they bought a hiking staff the way that Harry found a wand in the books-err, sort of. Then there was a whole 3 Little Bears spin off but then it went back to normal haha. He went to buy an owl...and the owls head was spinning all the way around over and over and it was really odd...and something happened so that the medical crews had to come take the owl away...but as they put it on the streatcher, it rolled off, and the head of the owl went flying hahaha. I take it that part wasn't planned, but it made us all crack up so it worked. The rest of the ceremony, I honestly didn't understand very much...There were some Native American dances, a fire lighting ceremony, and some people shot flaming arrows in the lake. Scouts in different..levels? Areas of scouting? something like that? were honored...Oh somewhere in there, they read a cool poem about the American Flag and we sang a song...And I just have to randomly add in that the scout sitting on the other side of me asked "uhh...why do you keep feeling eachother's hair?" when Corey and I patted eachother on the head hahaha. After the ceremony, Corey walked me back to Matt's campsite so I could find the lady who was going to give me a ride home...and I felt bad because I knew it was going to make him late for some meeting he was supposed to go to, but he said he wanted to walk me back, even after we found Matt who could've showed me the way...but it was really sweet of Corey so I felt special again hehe. As always, the goodbye was tough...I wonder if there's just something about standing outside hugging someone that intensifies the feeling of not wanting to let go...or maybe it was just that that was the 3rd time I'd thought it'd be the last time I'd get to see him until July 18th, so it was the third round of goodbyes within 5 days. Anyway...I had to let go because he had to go off to the meeting...and pretty soon Steven and I left, taking Matt along with us so he could go use the phone or computer or something on the other side of the camp...Then said goodbye to him...and then drove back home. We listened to a book on tape that was insanely detailed and therefore it bothered me even though it had a decent plot...except stupid moments like when this guy tried to kill a dog because it had darted out and startled his wife so that she jumped and got hit by a car. The three of us spent a lot of time laughing and making fun of it though so it was ok lol. We got home around 1 AM on Thursday...which addmitedly made physical therapy rather hard the next day...but it was worth it and a whoooooole lot more because I got to see my Corey :-D and Matt, which made me feel a little better since I hadn't seen him since the accident, and you all know I don't deal well with those kinds of things.
Ugh its 2 AM I'll finish this up quick:
Saw "The Day After Tomorrow" on Friday with a group of people...and 4 of the 5 girls that came ended up riding together, which made the car rides really hillarious lol...Anna's mom took us, so I guess she's used to me being loud by now, but Hannah's mom took us home...and for some reason I'm not usually a loud person around her...I guess Corey and I just don't talk a lot when adults are around, because we're the same way around my parents. Anyway, we were really wild by the time she took us home so I'm wondering if she thought that was weird or not. The movie was pretty good, though odd and not what I was expecting since all I'd been told about it was "a tidal wave hits New York" when it's really about how global warming can lead to a sudden Ice Age lol. That was definitly an interesting night though...Zach had asked Carli out earlier that day, by the end of the movie Hannah and Andy were going out, and another two who shall remain nameless were kissing at the end and no one seems to know what's going on there, or at least I don't hahaha. Oh and Marc's cousin came and he's from France and doesn't speak a lot of English...and I'm a fast talker...and I was the first to hug him, which scared him enough, but when I patted him on the head later, he drew back like he thought I was about to slap him. Marc even said that I scared him the most. It amuses me, of all the people there to be scared of, he's scared of Jen the peace maker that can't even kill a spider lol.
Friday, I went to my Aunts. The security at RDU was really lax that day for some reason, so they let my dad walk me to the gate and everything, which made me feel better lol. The Atlanta policy says no one can come to meet you or take you to a gate though, so I had to find the baggage claim on my own, but for some reason I was more confident about that, even though I had to go downstairs, take a subway-like thing, get off at the right place, get back upstairs, and find the right baggage claim area. Somehow that phases me much less than finding the right gate. Go figure. So I found my aunt and we took Marta and then went to her house and talked a lot...including a long political discussion lol; Anna would've gone crazy...and today we spent a lot of time finding patterns and materials and such because my aunt's going to teach me how to make a skirt for myself and then we're going to work on a hoopskirt and corsett set for Anna :-D
Ok 2:09 so I'm going to bed lol sleeeeeeeeeeep goodnight!