Thursday, July 22, 2004
Ok well I tried to post this earlier but the site wouldn't work...oh well. I'll finish it another time, too tired now.
Hey again! I've been lazy about updating this since I got home lol...and now I'm completely lost on what happened each day at my aunts but oh well. I'll try.
One night, my cousins two oldest kids, Ellen (9) and Hannah (7) spent the night. I was glad to get some time with them...They're adorable and sweet and I love them. Hannah's so funny though...ultra-impatient...especially when she wants to learn to crochet lol. Anyway, we played Dead Man (which I've only played on the trampoline before, and a very different version...on the trampoline I've always played where you're zombie-like and your eyes are closed and you have to tag another person to be the "dead man" but they play that everyone except one person lies still and can only move their eyes and breathe but nothing else, and another person tries to catch one of them moving...doesn't sound too hard until you realize that the other person can try to make you laugh, and laughing counts against you...and I swear those kids make me crack up; I didn't ever have to "let" them win haha) and they did some crocheting while I worked on my skirt and on the computer...That night, I stayed up til like 3 talking to Corey online lol...which wasn't smart...because the girls were sleeping over in the same room with me. Hannah kicks and moves around a lot, so she slept on the floor, and Ellen and I got the bed. However...Ellen snores, besides the two of us managing to roll into eachother a few times haha, and even on the floor I felt Hannah moving around, because she'd grab my covers every time she moved lol. And then we got up early to go swimming. So...yeah I was a little tired hahaha. It was worth it though-time to talk to Corey and to spend with Ellen and Hannah.
The last night I was there, we had dinner with my cousin and his wife again. We got to see their wedding album, which was reaaaaally cool. It made me crack up to hear the fire engine story though, since I apparently was somehow completely oblivious to it during the wedding...Apparently one of Lindsey's bridesmaids is obsessed with fire engines, and one went by when they were taking pictures during the wedding. It parked down the street, not for a fire or anything though. So the girl went down and asked if they'd come back and be in the pictures. And they did. They paired each bridesmaid with a fireman and took a picture. They've also got a few with the firetruck as the backdrop. There's a really good picture of Lindsey holding onto the rail like she's swinging off, her roses in one hand and her veil flapping in the wind. It's really pretty, and the flowers matched the firetruck's color exactly lol. Apparently the people at the wedding album place know them as "the firetruck people" now hahaha. That amuses me.
The next morning, I got up and got all my stuff repacked and together again...and we actually left even earlier than we planned because my aunt's cell didn't work and she wanted one to communicate with me at the airport, so we went to pick up my cousin Randal's from his house. Then we went to the Marta (train/above ground subway thing that runs through Atlanta) station...and waited. It usually comes every like 10 minutes but apparently that's not true on Sundays lol. And the ride took a little longer than we expected. And then when we got to the airport, we had to pick up my E-ticket and we had to do it through a desk instead of the computer since I don't have the Delta card since it's my dad's. By the time we got to the desk, I had less than an hour before my plane was going to leave. Then there was a family a few people ahead of us that I swear had like at least 30 bags to check in. It was crazy. They have an X-ray machine thing for regular bags too, not just carry ons, so I had to wait for them to put it through and say it was ok (after those 30 bags from the other family) because I didn't want to leave my suitcase unlocked. Then onto security. I got lucky and had a short line to wait in there. I was scared to leave my place in line to do the little shoe-checker thingie that tells you if your shoes will se the security thing off or not, so I just took them off even though they were tennis shoes and therefore are very unlikely to set it off. Then, just as I was about to go through the security metal detector thing, they had me stop because some official guy had to put a card into it and I guess check some things. So that took a few minutes. Then I went through with no problems, went down the escalator, ran into the train thingie that connects you to the terminal, got to the terminal and had to walk down allllllll the way to the other side because I was gate #1, and I was like two gates away when I head them calling my section to board. So I wasn't late or anything, but it sure made me nervous hahaha; I'm used to being there for planes in the waiting area for a good while before the plane even comes in. Oh well. I made it. I called my aunt from the plane before I had to turn my cell off, and she was much relieved to hear that I made the plane because she sounded really freaked too lol.
I've got some more updating to do, but it's going to have to wait a while because I've got a phone date in a few minutes lol. Gnight!
Hey again! I've been lazy about updating this since I got home lol...and now I'm completely lost on what happened each day at my aunts but oh well. I'll try.
One night, my cousins two oldest kids, Ellen (9) and Hannah (7) spent the night. I was glad to get some time with them...They're adorable and sweet and I love them. Hannah's so funny though...ultra-impatient...especially when she wants to learn to crochet lol. Anyway, we played Dead Man (which I've only played on the trampoline before, and a very different version...on the trampoline I've always played where you're zombie-like and your eyes are closed and you have to tag another person to be the "dead man" but they play that everyone except one person lies still and can only move their eyes and breathe but nothing else, and another person tries to catch one of them moving...doesn't sound too hard until you realize that the other person can try to make you laugh, and laughing counts against you...and I swear those kids make me crack up; I didn't ever have to "let" them win haha) and they did some crocheting while I worked on my skirt and on the computer...That night, I stayed up til like 3 talking to Corey online lol...which wasn't smart...because the girls were sleeping over in the same room with me. Hannah kicks and moves around a lot, so she slept on the floor, and Ellen and I got the bed. However...Ellen snores, besides the two of us managing to roll into eachother a few times haha, and even on the floor I felt Hannah moving around, because she'd grab my covers every time she moved lol. And then we got up early to go swimming. So...yeah I was a little tired hahaha. It was worth it though-time to talk to Corey and to spend with Ellen and Hannah.
The last night I was there, we had dinner with my cousin and his wife again. We got to see their wedding album, which was reaaaaally cool. It made me crack up to hear the fire engine story though, since I apparently was somehow completely oblivious to it during the wedding...Apparently one of Lindsey's bridesmaids is obsessed with fire engines, and one went by when they were taking pictures during the wedding. It parked down the street, not for a fire or anything though. So the girl went down and asked if they'd come back and be in the pictures. And they did. They paired each bridesmaid with a fireman and took a picture. They've also got a few with the firetruck as the backdrop. There's a really good picture of Lindsey holding onto the rail like she's swinging off, her roses in one hand and her veil flapping in the wind. It's really pretty, and the flowers matched the firetruck's color exactly lol. Apparently the people at the wedding album place know them as "the firetruck people" now hahaha. That amuses me.
The next morning, I got up and got all my stuff repacked and together again...and we actually left even earlier than we planned because my aunt's cell didn't work and she wanted one to communicate with me at the airport, so we went to pick up my cousin Randal's from his house. Then we went to the Marta (train/above ground subway thing that runs through Atlanta) station...and waited. It usually comes every like 10 minutes but apparently that's not true on Sundays lol. And the ride took a little longer than we expected. And then when we got to the airport, we had to pick up my E-ticket and we had to do it through a desk instead of the computer since I don't have the Delta card since it's my dad's. By the time we got to the desk, I had less than an hour before my plane was going to leave. Then there was a family a few people ahead of us that I swear had like at least 30 bags to check in. It was crazy. They have an X-ray machine thing for regular bags too, not just carry ons, so I had to wait for them to put it through and say it was ok (after those 30 bags from the other family) because I didn't want to leave my suitcase unlocked. Then onto security. I got lucky and had a short line to wait in there. I was scared to leave my place in line to do the little shoe-checker thingie that tells you if your shoes will se the security thing off or not, so I just took them off even though they were tennis shoes and therefore are very unlikely to set it off. Then, just as I was about to go through the security metal detector thing, they had me stop because some official guy had to put a card into it and I guess check some things. So that took a few minutes. Then I went through with no problems, went down the escalator, ran into the train thingie that connects you to the terminal, got to the terminal and had to walk down allllllll the way to the other side because I was gate #1, and I was like two gates away when I head them calling my section to board. So I wasn't late or anything, but it sure made me nervous hahaha; I'm used to being there for planes in the waiting area for a good while before the plane even comes in. Oh well. I made it. I called my aunt from the plane before I had to turn my cell off, and she was much relieved to hear that I made the plane because she sounded really freaked too lol.
I've got some more updating to do, but it's going to have to wait a while because I've got a phone date in a few minutes lol. Gnight!