Sunday, August 15, 2004
yay for updating when I have very little to say haha...and I'll warn you, I'm TIRED so this might not be quite so coherant as normal.
School stuff:
-Band: We did chair tests...and Mr. Rowe had the clarinets play easy scales, which made me dissapointed. I can't fake messing up, so I wanted to have to play hard scales that I'd actually mess up instead lol. So after I finished, even though I was the first clarinet to be tested, Mr. Rowe said for me to get used to the high F# and G because first clarinets have to play them a lot. I was like *...dies* and told him that I'd love to play second part...to which he told me "yeah, well sometimes we have to grow up." lol. We found out chairs Friday, and I'm chair #2, which means I'm on first part. We're in the exact same order as last year, aside from Jack b/c of wind ensamble, and minus all the people that switched classes or dropped out: Heather, me, Taylor, Kyle, Kara, Crystal. At least I'm next to Taylor though :-) but I'm going to fail every playing test in there, considering I did for most of them last year and I was still on 2nd part.
-English: I love Mr. Koechling. I like our class too. And I actually feel like I've finally gotten something out of The Sound and the Fury...We started getting into biblical references and I was so excited that I made one lol, and it was right! I mean, A: its the book that i barely understood, and B: I KNEW A BIBLE STORY WELL ENOUGH TO RELATE IT TO A BOOK I HARDLY UNDERSTOOD haha. And I like how Mr. Koechling agrees with the points I make about the characters and such...somehow that's extremely rewarding with this book, especially in this advanced of a class...I always feel like I have to say something that "sounds smart" but he'll take something small I say-or anyone in the class for that matter-and make a whole reference to it and discuss it for a while and it's cool. I just wrote my paper that's due Friday and I'm all excited that writing about freshman year didn't make me depressed, and that it fit the prompt pretty well...though I do want to ask him about one more bit of it before I turn it in. I just hope Mr. K doesn't say something about it at open house this Wednesday, because then mom'll want to read it and i don't want her to know about it.
-Lunch: I went off with Matt, Zach, Steven, and Liz the other day...We went back to Matts house...Honestly, i just thought it felt too rushed. We had like 15 min to eat, and most of them had to make lunch in that time too, and then we rushed back to the school...only to discover that the light by the school was out...so it took a while for us to get to turn. Steven and I rushed up to History and made it by like a minute. It was just...uncomfortable. I might go off on Fridays since they go out to eat and that's more of a treat to me than just going off to eat something I packed anyway. We'll see.
-History: It's kinda boring...Teacher doesn't seem as mean as I thought she'd be, but it's just not very interesting to me. We had a quiz on the states, and I felt stupid because I had a mental blankout on "Oregon" but oh well. We've gone through 5 chapters already, though very briefly, and there's a quiz on Monday...and then she promised we'd slow down.
-Physics: I love this class. I like that I know what I'm doing and the seniors don't. I'm sorry that sounds cocky, but it is SO great to understand a science class so well! The teacher is funny though a bit odd, but I like her a lot. She drove her car around the parking lot the other day so that we could do a lab about its "rate of motion" (we're not allowed to call it speed yet...she says we don't know the true meaning of speed). It was an easy lab and we had an easy lab report to do with it, so I'm feeling quite comfortable in this class so far. I'm currious to see how I like the rest of the semester...if I actually enjoy it, maybe I'll go for AP next year.
Other random stuff...I had physical therapy yesterday (friday)...It's 12:42 sorry just had to say it...anyway, I was really worn out, between a lack of sleep, going up and down stairs and such, and carrying around my backpack, although it's light compared to last year. My arms hurt and my legs hurt and it made physical therapy HARD. Then i went to the mall and walked really slowly which is agrivating but my legs wouldn't move any faster for very long. Then out to eat, picked up Corey, and went back to my house. We watched a movie that I can't think of the name of that was kind of a chick flick but oh well lol...and then we hung out a bit...and then Corey told me to take a nap...and I was so tired...but I wanted to stay awake because he was here! But I ended up falling asleep anyway lol and he set his watch alarm so we'd wake up before his mom came...I was so out of it that I didn't even hear his alarm go off, and I'm usually a LIGHT sleeper haha. So I slept for like half an hour...and then he left...and then I went to bed...and slept from 11:30PM to 11:45 AM and I've still been dragging with tiredness all day lol. And a bunch of people are sick and I'm being paranoid about it so I'm going to bed soon and getting another 10ish hours. Finishing up real quick so I can do that...I went to the first half of Brittany's birthday party at a beading store, which was really cool. I made a pretty necklace with a cross with a heart on it. I left after that so I could go to Megan's party...I wore my oh-so-cool bear head thingie...like, teddy bear...from a dance recital when I was about 5. And yes, it still fits. And it's cute and fuzzy and almost a mask so there haha.
Bedtime because sleep sounds very good right now...I'd better adjust to this sleep schedule this week so I don't try to sleep all day next weekend, assuming the beach trip works out.
Gnight!
School stuff:
-Band: We did chair tests...and Mr. Rowe had the clarinets play easy scales, which made me dissapointed. I can't fake messing up, so I wanted to have to play hard scales that I'd actually mess up instead lol. So after I finished, even though I was the first clarinet to be tested, Mr. Rowe said for me to get used to the high F# and G because first clarinets have to play them a lot. I was like *...dies* and told him that I'd love to play second part...to which he told me "yeah, well sometimes we have to grow up." lol. We found out chairs Friday, and I'm chair #2, which means I'm on first part. We're in the exact same order as last year, aside from Jack b/c of wind ensamble, and minus all the people that switched classes or dropped out: Heather, me, Taylor, Kyle, Kara, Crystal. At least I'm next to Taylor though :-) but I'm going to fail every playing test in there, considering I did for most of them last year and I was still on 2nd part.
-English: I love Mr. Koechling. I like our class too. And I actually feel like I've finally gotten something out of The Sound and the Fury...We started getting into biblical references and I was so excited that I made one lol, and it was right! I mean, A: its the book that i barely understood, and B: I KNEW A BIBLE STORY WELL ENOUGH TO RELATE IT TO A BOOK I HARDLY UNDERSTOOD haha. And I like how Mr. Koechling agrees with the points I make about the characters and such...somehow that's extremely rewarding with this book, especially in this advanced of a class...I always feel like I have to say something that "sounds smart" but he'll take something small I say-or anyone in the class for that matter-and make a whole reference to it and discuss it for a while and it's cool. I just wrote my paper that's due Friday and I'm all excited that writing about freshman year didn't make me depressed, and that it fit the prompt pretty well...though I do want to ask him about one more bit of it before I turn it in. I just hope Mr. K doesn't say something about it at open house this Wednesday, because then mom'll want to read it and i don't want her to know about it.
-Lunch: I went off with Matt, Zach, Steven, and Liz the other day...We went back to Matts house...Honestly, i just thought it felt too rushed. We had like 15 min to eat, and most of them had to make lunch in that time too, and then we rushed back to the school...only to discover that the light by the school was out...so it took a while for us to get to turn. Steven and I rushed up to History and made it by like a minute. It was just...uncomfortable. I might go off on Fridays since they go out to eat and that's more of a treat to me than just going off to eat something I packed anyway. We'll see.
-History: It's kinda boring...Teacher doesn't seem as mean as I thought she'd be, but it's just not very interesting to me. We had a quiz on the states, and I felt stupid because I had a mental blankout on "Oregon" but oh well. We've gone through 5 chapters already, though very briefly, and there's a quiz on Monday...and then she promised we'd slow down.
-Physics: I love this class. I like that I know what I'm doing and the seniors don't. I'm sorry that sounds cocky, but it is SO great to understand a science class so well! The teacher is funny though a bit odd, but I like her a lot. She drove her car around the parking lot the other day so that we could do a lab about its "rate of motion" (we're not allowed to call it speed yet...she says we don't know the true meaning of speed). It was an easy lab and we had an easy lab report to do with it, so I'm feeling quite comfortable in this class so far. I'm currious to see how I like the rest of the semester...if I actually enjoy it, maybe I'll go for AP next year.
Other random stuff...I had physical therapy yesterday (friday)...It's 12:42 sorry just had to say it...anyway, I was really worn out, between a lack of sleep, going up and down stairs and such, and carrying around my backpack, although it's light compared to last year. My arms hurt and my legs hurt and it made physical therapy HARD. Then i went to the mall and walked really slowly which is agrivating but my legs wouldn't move any faster for very long. Then out to eat, picked up Corey, and went back to my house. We watched a movie that I can't think of the name of that was kind of a chick flick but oh well lol...and then we hung out a bit...and then Corey told me to take a nap...and I was so tired...but I wanted to stay awake because he was here! But I ended up falling asleep anyway lol and he set his watch alarm so we'd wake up before his mom came...I was so out of it that I didn't even hear his alarm go off, and I'm usually a LIGHT sleeper haha. So I slept for like half an hour...and then he left...and then I went to bed...and slept from 11:30PM to 11:45 AM and I've still been dragging with tiredness all day lol. And a bunch of people are sick and I'm being paranoid about it so I'm going to bed soon and getting another 10ish hours. Finishing up real quick so I can do that...I went to the first half of Brittany's birthday party at a beading store, which was really cool. I made a pretty necklace with a cross with a heart on it. I left after that so I could go to Megan's party...I wore my oh-so-cool bear head thingie...like, teddy bear...from a dance recital when I was about 5. And yes, it still fits. And it's cute and fuzzy and almost a mask so there haha.
Bedtime because sleep sounds very good right now...I'd better adjust to this sleep schedule this week so I don't try to sleep all day next weekend, assuming the beach trip works out.
Gnight!