Tuesday, September 28, 2004
13 min this time...wow this font looks weird...and I didn't do anything to it...Oh well I'll see how it looks after I post lol.
Oh wow I'm really behind. I have no idea what happened last week so I'll skip to the weekend.
Friday night, there was an away game, but Corey decided not to go for marching band, so he came over instead^^ which made me very happy...We watched the rest of a movie but decided not to start another one, so we talked a lot...including talking about childerens books we liked when we were little...We were both Polar Express fans hehe...which I still have in my closet so I actually got it out, along with The Sweetest Fig (which few people have probably read but it's by the same author as the Polar Express and it's really cute...I love to bring it with me when I'm babysitting) and The Steadfast Tin Soldier (which he'd never heard of! o_O I loved that story...and the song about it that probably few of you have ever heard hehe unless Rachel or Ally sees this).
Woah the page just spazzed and went back to the loggin thing because I hit tab but I saved it...
Saturday was the first band competition of the season. I'm not going to go into a whole lot of details because I don't have time and because it's depressing. The show looked wonderful. I think that's the best I've ever seen Apex's guard perform, and the band looked and sounded great too. I told all of them that...unfortunately I think I got their hopes up...we didn't get any awards. We didn't see any of the other bands perform so I can't say much about that...but we lost to Athens by 0.05 points. My thought on that was that it's pretty good-I mean, look how close we'll be next time! Wouldn't you rather lose by a tiny bit than by a whole lot?! But for a few people, it's totally stressing them out and pissing them off and generally making them upset and cranky. I swear Taylor is the only one I've talked to a lot that agrees with me that a person's happiness should not be dependent on whether or not the band gets an award at a competition. Ugh. It's seriously making me want marching season to be over if this is how it's going to be after every competition that we don't win.
The competition itself wasn't so bad though...I had a good time hanging out with the extras and such...The bus ride sucked though...Austin and I both felt sick because the bus bounced all over the place but apparently someone on another bus felt even worse considering they stopped for paper towels incase someone threw up...It was insanely noisy, especially on the way home-people screamed a bunch of songs really really loud all at the same time. Different songs at once I mean. And then we passed an accident, so someone said we should start a group prayer...and omgsh it got to be the stupidest argument...some people didn't want the prayer to happen...I'd be fine w/them just not joining in but they tried to stop others from doing it...and then Dezi made an awful comment...about how no one did that for Kassel and Brianne...and Katy Hart was two seats in front of her and heard it. Ugh. She looked upset to say the least. I felt horrible for her.
And I g2g.
Gnight
Oh wow I'm really behind. I have no idea what happened last week so I'll skip to the weekend.
Friday night, there was an away game, but Corey decided not to go for marching band, so he came over instead^^ which made me very happy...We watched the rest of a movie but decided not to start another one, so we talked a lot...including talking about childerens books we liked when we were little...We were both Polar Express fans hehe...which I still have in my closet so I actually got it out, along with The Sweetest Fig (which few people have probably read but it's by the same author as the Polar Express and it's really cute...I love to bring it with me when I'm babysitting) and The Steadfast Tin Soldier (which he'd never heard of! o_O I loved that story...and the song about it that probably few of you have ever heard hehe unless Rachel or Ally sees this).
Woah the page just spazzed and went back to the loggin thing because I hit tab but I saved it...
Saturday was the first band competition of the season. I'm not going to go into a whole lot of details because I don't have time and because it's depressing. The show looked wonderful. I think that's the best I've ever seen Apex's guard perform, and the band looked and sounded great too. I told all of them that...unfortunately I think I got their hopes up...we didn't get any awards. We didn't see any of the other bands perform so I can't say much about that...but we lost to Athens by 0.05 points. My thought on that was that it's pretty good-I mean, look how close we'll be next time! Wouldn't you rather lose by a tiny bit than by a whole lot?! But for a few people, it's totally stressing them out and pissing them off and generally making them upset and cranky. I swear Taylor is the only one I've talked to a lot that agrees with me that a person's happiness should not be dependent on whether or not the band gets an award at a competition. Ugh. It's seriously making me want marching season to be over if this is how it's going to be after every competition that we don't win.
The competition itself wasn't so bad though...I had a good time hanging out with the extras and such...The bus ride sucked though...Austin and I both felt sick because the bus bounced all over the place but apparently someone on another bus felt even worse considering they stopped for paper towels incase someone threw up...It was insanely noisy, especially on the way home-people screamed a bunch of songs really really loud all at the same time. Different songs at once I mean. And then we passed an accident, so someone said we should start a group prayer...and omgsh it got to be the stupidest argument...some people didn't want the prayer to happen...I'd be fine w/them just not joining in but they tried to stop others from doing it...and then Dezi made an awful comment...about how no one did that for Kassel and Brianne...and Katy Hart was two seats in front of her and heard it. Ugh. She looked upset to say the least. I felt horrible for her.
And I g2g.
Gnight