<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, September 19, 2004

I NEED TO BLOG! Lol I've been trying to find time all weekend and finally I have some even though I should be icing my knee but I'm being too lazy to go fill up the ice pack. Yay.

Thursday was much fun^^ hehe. Since we had the day off from school, Corey came over and picked me up and we went to Barnes and Nobel to find birthday presents for Melissa...and I couldn't find the little mini sushi books I saw last time...so we started wandering around and naturally since I was following him, we ended up in the cooking section hahaha. And they have a bunch of Japanese/sushi cookbooks. yay! There was one that was soooooo cool...it had like decrative ways to make sushi, including how to make them look like animals and letters and all sorts of cool stuff. But Corey found a Sushi for Dummies book that looked like it'd be better for general stuff and I found an awesome Japanese cookbook and the recipies in it are by a lady who won on Iron Chef. So we got those and then went back to my house...hung out here for a while and watched part of a movie...I got very fed up with my allergies lol because it's really really weird to have to stop kissing someone because you can't breathe...hehe anyway...I revealed my 'evil plan' hehe-a scrapbook of the past year^^ weeeeeee yay for tons of stickers! Then we went out to dinner...picked up the wonderful editing Rachel did to my paper on the way out...I had some ideas in mind ahead of time of where we might be going...but it was farish away...and I didn't really know where we were lol...so I don't think Corey believes me when I say I knew ahead of time where we were going...but it really was one of the things I was thinking! Haha anyway, I'll end the suspense. He took me to the resturant where we went on our first date. It was really sweet. We walked in, got seated right away, got served really really fast, and left. Service was great, but I almost wish it hadn't been lol just because it went by so fast! Hannah called while we were eating hahaha because she wanted to know where we went! *cracks up* she's worse than me! Corey wouldn't let me tell her where we were though...finally I just told her "argue with your brother!" and handed him the phone hahaha. After dinner, Corey took me home...and when we pulled into the driveway he said "I have something for you" and handed me a box...wrapped very lovely in a grocery bag hehe but as I told him, wrapping isn't important...The box is really pretty...and on the top it says "If I had a star for every time you made me smile..." and inside the lid it says "I would hold the whole night sky in the palm of my hand." Once I read that, I got choked up and told him he was going to make me cry...and then that almost made me laugh because guys obviously don't really feel comfortable when girls cry at non-sad emotional things lol and he was like "err don't do that now..." hehe...It made me think later though...I've never cried from anything that wasn't sad until this last year I don't think...I never understood why weddings make people cry...and yet now I understand all of it...and it's a common occurence and that's a good thing, I really think it is...because when he does sweet things and I cry, it's just showing how in love I really am. Anyway...I'll stop being 'mushy' for those of you who can't stand it haha...I pulled some papers out from the box...Oh my gosh...talk about similar ideas hahaha...He put a bunch of our blog entries and such in there...a lot of which I'd put in the scrapbook or considered putting in but ran out of room. He also included two pictures-one of us before the Broughton dance, one of New Years Eve...both of which are also in the scrapbook lol. Not that they were exactly the same-he also had a few pictures of Hurricane Isabel (our favorite hurricane ;-) hehe), two charms (a fish to represent him, and an ice cream cone that's me...he wrote on the holder "sweet like Jen" lol my theory is that Anna picked it because the ice cream is pink), and lots of Hershey Kisses^^ hehe yummy. So we had a very nice anniversary celebration :-D

Friday felt odd, mostly because we'd gone to school Monday-Wednesday, had Thursday off, and then had to come back for one day before the weekend. I think that was the day that Mr. Rowe made us do weird things with rhythm sheets, if not it was Wednesday, but at some point he had us count and clap a rhythm sheet for practice...and then do it BACKWARDS! *falls over* Like, bottom to top, right to left. I got so lost hahaha it shouldn't be that hard but it was! We had to play it, luckily just forwards, but he had the percussionists play bizzare instruments for a rhythm exercise...including the gong and a vibraslap (sp) which, for the non band ppl, is the thing that sounds like "booiiiiiiiiiiing" that someone ran around the sancturay with at youth once last year. Ok anyway enough about band class...English was normal...we didn't have a timed writing! Yay! and I'm hoping we won't tomorrow either because we have a vocab quiz that'll take a while. At lunch I learned that Matt and Liz are now going out-congrats you two! History was ok because we just watched the rest of the movie Glory, which was decent...In physics, we went to a cool engineering assembly where we got to make buildings out of pipe cleaners...Melissa, Kara, Chris, Eric, and I worked together...and it was going decently well at first...but then we were told that, due to the company's lack of funding or something, we had to keep one hand behind our back...and later we were told that we worked with people who didn't speak English so we couldn't talk either. Haha it was odd. Now that I think about it, we should've just had one person talk between two different groups as the "translator" but oh well haha we just made odd noises, used sign language, and uhh whispered O:-) It was neat though, but there's still no way I'd ever want to be an engineer.

Friday night was supposed to be the football game...but it got rained out...so I went bowling with Taylor, Corey, and Matt (different one, a freshman who plays trumpet in our class that randomly wanted to come lol). Taylor officially rules at the Wheel of Forturne game. I BOWLED OVER 100! Lol I got a 108 the second game-with bumpers. I discovered that wearing Corey's glasses must be some kind of crazy good luck for me...because I could hardly see AT ALL with them on, but I got 3 spares in a row followed by only being one pin short of a spare the 4th time hahaha. Much fun. And it's 9:46 so I g2g! I'll do more updating another time!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?