Thursday, October 07, 2004
I'm debating whether I feel like blogging...because I've done homework litterally all afternoon in attempt to get ahead for this weekend...but I still have plenty I could work on. Maybe I'll just make a short entry.
This has definitly been an emotional roller coaster week. I swear I've gone from being hyper and jumping around with friends to trying not to cry-not always sucessfully, or sometimes just letting myself cry-more times than I feel like counting. I've discovered that, as much as it sucks to worry about people, being jealous is much worse. I'm not used to that feeling at all and it majorly threw me off; I've been overreacting to a lot of things lately apparently that shouldn't be that big of a deal. Things have gotten better, but I'm still waiting on a conversation that I'm not sure if it'll make me feel better or worse than now.
Funny how I can't remember pretty much anything specific about the week besides that stuff.
Oh I get to be a British person and shoot a cannon for marching band...Anyone happen to know where to get a British Redcoat coat like they wore in Pirates of the Carribean? Or a hat like that? I've checked party city, ToysRus, and Joannes, but all I could find was a hat...and if I have to buy a coat too, I'd really rather not spend $15 on a hat that I'm going to wear like maybe 5ish times (3 more competitions...I have no idea how many more home games there are) for like a 5 minute period each lol. The hat did look pretty cool though hehe. I'm debating whether to just get a pirate hat and take off the skull and crossbones from the front (it's just a sticker) and sew a feather to it lol. It'd look similar, and I doubt the judges would notice...I mostly just need help finding a red coat that would look like theirs...if not, I'm going to find a red suitcoat (mom thinks she has an old one...if not, off to Goodwill!) and attach big plastic gold-colored buttons and some random strips of white fabric to it I guess lol...Problem there being that next week is midterms and we have a competition the Saturday after. So yeah.
We have a pep rally tomorrow morning for homecoming during 1st period...but the administration is being stupid and only having one pep rally...Last year we had two and barely fit everyone, and this year we have 650 freshmen! Lol. I have band first period, and Mr. Rowe will have to be in the gym with the marching band...but since we won't all fit, he said if we can't find a seat, we can just go to the bandroom and stay there because the pep rally will only last like 1/2 of the period if that. So...I'm thinking I'll go to school and hang out in the office/cafeteria lobby for a while...since the band lobby will be like empty since all the marching band people have to come early...so I'll just take my time getting to the gym...and hopefully it'll be full and I won't find a seat. So I'll stay in the bandroom and read The Crucible.
I'm skipping homecoming tomorrow night since there's no marching show...I'll use it as homework time...I know Mr. Koechling is going to give us a few essay topics and we have to pick one...It's part of the exam...but we get to take it home and make an outline of it so we'll have time to write the essay in class on Monday during the exam. I'm going to ask him if we can just go ahead and write the essay lol and I'll just copy it during the exam unless he'd prefer to just take my typed copy. I dunno if he'll let us. So anyway, I'll have to work on that this weekend...I already did what I assume will be my history homework...If not, I'm going to be soooo mad because that'll make 3 for 3-every time I've gotten ahead in that class so far, we haven't had to do the section. I dunno if I'll have any physics, but it wasn't on the board so I doubt it, but she occasionally doesn't add an assignment until the day assigns it. The main thing I need to do is read The Crucible. It's a 2 1/2 hour play, about 80 pages in my Lit. book...not that that's insanely long for a play or anything...it's just...I have a paper due on it a week from this Monday-and I haven't started reading it yet! Ahh! Plus I really need to work on my research paper...I haven't found enough sources yet...I don't like this whole "full-text database" thing, I just don't understand the point...There is sooo much information out there on my topic written by people with masters degrees in English and English professors and stuff like that but I can only use that for one of my five sources! Gah so I have...one of the other 4. Bleh. So English in general is making me a little stresed right now lol...not to mention our midterm is Monday, we don't find out what's on it until tomorrow, but the entire thing is written response questions...no multiple choice or fill in the blank type things at all. Eep. That word looks odd when there's one capitol "E" and the other lowercase o_O I think I need sleep haha because I'm acting weird. I also have a history test and a physics midterm Tuesday.
Busy weekend...Obviously, tomorrow is devoted to homework...Saturday, assuming Corey's here (we're not entirely sure if he'll be at his dads or not), he, Austin, and I are going to Melissa's house around noon...walking somewhere for lunch, and watching Mulan (yes I know that's not how you spell it but I forget how to and I don't feel like looking it up) Rouge...because Johnny Depp isn't in it like in The Secret Window...*cracks up* Later, Melissa, Dena, and I are going to Kara's for a sleepover^^ I hardly ever get to see Kara anymore, so it'll be great to catch up with her. We're going to the plaster house, where I haven't been in AGES so that'll rule...hehehe it's so much fun! I used to have birthday parties there when I was little. I'm leaving for a while to go see the play with Zach, Allison, and Anna...and of course Davey and Jill since they're in it! Then back to Kara's. I'd like to say that I'll spend more time with Corey on Sunday, but it's going to depend on homework. Then youth! The leaders said to be sure we come the next three weeks but they wouldn't say why.
We have next Thursday and Friday off! And the fair comes Friday! We have a band competition Saturday...so I'm thinking fair gathering Friday! Yes I know it'll be opening day, but it's still a work day for parents so maybe they wouldn't be able to take their kids...and I mean, it's the fair, it's going to be crowded no matter what we do. We could go in the afternoon and maybe it won't be as bad then as it will at night. Thoughts? Conflicts? *wants to go to the fair because had a lot of fun last year*
So it wasn't so short hehe.
This has definitly been an emotional roller coaster week. I swear I've gone from being hyper and jumping around with friends to trying not to cry-not always sucessfully, or sometimes just letting myself cry-more times than I feel like counting. I've discovered that, as much as it sucks to worry about people, being jealous is much worse. I'm not used to that feeling at all and it majorly threw me off; I've been overreacting to a lot of things lately apparently that shouldn't be that big of a deal. Things have gotten better, but I'm still waiting on a conversation that I'm not sure if it'll make me feel better or worse than now.
Funny how I can't remember pretty much anything specific about the week besides that stuff.
Oh I get to be a British person and shoot a cannon for marching band...Anyone happen to know where to get a British Redcoat coat like they wore in Pirates of the Carribean? Or a hat like that? I've checked party city, ToysRus, and Joannes, but all I could find was a hat...and if I have to buy a coat too, I'd really rather not spend $15 on a hat that I'm going to wear like maybe 5ish times (3 more competitions...I have no idea how many more home games there are) for like a 5 minute period each lol. The hat did look pretty cool though hehe. I'm debating whether to just get a pirate hat and take off the skull and crossbones from the front (it's just a sticker) and sew a feather to it lol. It'd look similar, and I doubt the judges would notice...I mostly just need help finding a red coat that would look like theirs...if not, I'm going to find a red suitcoat (mom thinks she has an old one...if not, off to Goodwill!) and attach big plastic gold-colored buttons and some random strips of white fabric to it I guess lol...Problem there being that next week is midterms and we have a competition the Saturday after. So yeah.
We have a pep rally tomorrow morning for homecoming during 1st period...but the administration is being stupid and only having one pep rally...Last year we had two and barely fit everyone, and this year we have 650 freshmen! Lol. I have band first period, and Mr. Rowe will have to be in the gym with the marching band...but since we won't all fit, he said if we can't find a seat, we can just go to the bandroom and stay there because the pep rally will only last like 1/2 of the period if that. So...I'm thinking I'll go to school and hang out in the office/cafeteria lobby for a while...since the band lobby will be like empty since all the marching band people have to come early...so I'll just take my time getting to the gym...and hopefully it'll be full and I won't find a seat. So I'll stay in the bandroom and read The Crucible.
I'm skipping homecoming tomorrow night since there's no marching show...I'll use it as homework time...I know Mr. Koechling is going to give us a few essay topics and we have to pick one...It's part of the exam...but we get to take it home and make an outline of it so we'll have time to write the essay in class on Monday during the exam. I'm going to ask him if we can just go ahead and write the essay lol and I'll just copy it during the exam unless he'd prefer to just take my typed copy. I dunno if he'll let us. So anyway, I'll have to work on that this weekend...I already did what I assume will be my history homework...If not, I'm going to be soooo mad because that'll make 3 for 3-every time I've gotten ahead in that class so far, we haven't had to do the section. I dunno if I'll have any physics, but it wasn't on the board so I doubt it, but she occasionally doesn't add an assignment until the day assigns it. The main thing I need to do is read The Crucible. It's a 2 1/2 hour play, about 80 pages in my Lit. book...not that that's insanely long for a play or anything...it's just...I have a paper due on it a week from this Monday-and I haven't started reading it yet! Ahh! Plus I really need to work on my research paper...I haven't found enough sources yet...I don't like this whole "full-text database" thing, I just don't understand the point...There is sooo much information out there on my topic written by people with masters degrees in English and English professors and stuff like that but I can only use that for one of my five sources! Gah so I have...one of the other 4. Bleh. So English in general is making me a little stresed right now lol...not to mention our midterm is Monday, we don't find out what's on it until tomorrow, but the entire thing is written response questions...no multiple choice or fill in the blank type things at all. Eep. That word looks odd when there's one capitol "E" and the other lowercase o_O I think I need sleep haha because I'm acting weird. I also have a history test and a physics midterm Tuesday.
Busy weekend...Obviously, tomorrow is devoted to homework...Saturday, assuming Corey's here (we're not entirely sure if he'll be at his dads or not), he, Austin, and I are going to Melissa's house around noon...walking somewhere for lunch, and watching Mulan (yes I know that's not how you spell it but I forget how to and I don't feel like looking it up) Rouge...because Johnny Depp isn't in it like in The Secret Window...*cracks up* Later, Melissa, Dena, and I are going to Kara's for a sleepover^^ I hardly ever get to see Kara anymore, so it'll be great to catch up with her. We're going to the plaster house, where I haven't been in AGES so that'll rule...hehehe it's so much fun! I used to have birthday parties there when I was little. I'm leaving for a while to go see the play with Zach, Allison, and Anna...and of course Davey and Jill since they're in it! Then back to Kara's. I'd like to say that I'll spend more time with Corey on Sunday, but it's going to depend on homework. Then youth! The leaders said to be sure we come the next three weeks but they wouldn't say why.
We have next Thursday and Friday off! And the fair comes Friday! We have a band competition Saturday...so I'm thinking fair gathering Friday! Yes I know it'll be opening day, but it's still a work day for parents so maybe they wouldn't be able to take their kids...and I mean, it's the fair, it's going to be crowded no matter what we do. We could go in the afternoon and maybe it won't be as bad then as it will at night. Thoughts? Conflicts? *wants to go to the fair because had a lot of fun last year*
So it wasn't so short hehe.