Saturday, November 20, 2004
Ok update time! I don’t remember much about the early part of the week where I left off...except that I got lots of projects and such >< rawr. Anyway...
Tuesday Corey took me home from school since my parents were still at the funeral...and he had to do some errands...so I asked if he wanted some company and he said sure. Lol so we rode around and went to banks and grocerty stores and such for like an hour and a half...You’d think that would be sooo boring haha but I had a blast...just because I was with him...especially since I was with him at a time that I’m not used to getting to be with him.
Wednesday...I did homework. Until about midnight...and got up a little after 5 the next day. Blegh. Worth it though...because Thursday I went to help Corey and some scouts with his Eagle project, installing a wireless internet system for a church camp. I finally got to meet his dad...even if Corey didn’t introduce us :-P We introduced ourselves lol...he was nice...and knew a surprising amount about me lol...He knew I had an older brother in college...random stuff like that :-) And one time he even said “You’ll have to come down with Corey and Hannah sometime.” Oh and we schemed to get pictures of Corey because his mom wanted some but Corey wouldn’t let me take any of him haha...so his dad took some pictures of Corey when he wasn’t paying attention...even a picture of him taking a picture. Hehehe. The wireless stuff didn’t quite work out because there was some faulty equipment, so we’ll have to go back another day. It was fun though...despite a few of the younger scouts being kind of agrivating. Oh and I got nicknamed the Research Staff because the IBM guy had me look up how to configure some stuff online...yay for having no earthly idea what I was talking about and managing to find a site that was what he wanted hahaha. Oh, some of the scouts played hide and seek and sardines during a break...and the absolute best moment was when the guy that was hiding decided he’d rather come talk to me and Corey but didn’t tell the others...so we sat at a table in a big, open room...and one of the scouts came in, glanced at us, and went to search in the kitchen.
Friday, Corey and I both woke up a little bit sick. Yuck. That night we stayed in the bandroom for a while because it was raining but marching band was supposed to perform if the rain stopped...but it kept pouring...so I did some of my history project and hung out with people and such...Melissa and Austin are going back out :-D I don’t know if I ever put in here that they broke up but I’m glad they’re back together. 5 min before halftime, we were told we could leave...Corey went to get the car so that Melissa and I wouldn’t have to get totally soaked...so Melissa, Austin and I hung out under one of the props haha...and Austin was supposed to be watching for Corey because I couldn’t see around the prop and Melissa couldnt see around Austin hahaha but Austin apparently can’t see. I asked him “are you still watching?” and he said he was...like 30 seconds later Corey ran up to us spazzing that we hadn’t seen him hahaha so we blamed Austin. Then we all got wet going to the car, though Corey was totally soaked lol *pats him* Luckily he got to change when we went back to his house for a minute because his mom drove us to Pilgrimage.
Pilgrimage was cool. We didn’t do much Friday night since band people came after the session had ended...but we found out rooms (I was with Anna, Melissa, and Rachel) and talked for a long time haha. Oh and Steven and Corey got a room to themselves since the total number of guys wasn’t divisable by 4. Wow that sounded to Mathy. Yeah. Anyway...so apparently they were watching TV...and called Rachel’s cell while our chaperone (Mrs. Hadden! She rocks) was in our room...Steven was like “Is there a chaperone in your room?” and Rache was like “yeah...why?” and he said to turn the TV to channel 5 after she left. So we were thinking something funny must be on, but we were thinking the chaperone comment was b/c it was like cursing or bad jokes or something. We turned on the TV...and we see a random drunk girl...and then the camera panned over to a girl in a thong. Within like 5 seconds, the TV was off hahaha....We called them back and asked what on Earth they were doing...especially why they wanted to TELL US they were watching it hahaha with MY BOYFRIEND in the room...Melissa wanted me to get on the phone and pretend to be really mad at Corey but I didn’t want to be that mean and I was scared I’d start laughing...but I let Melissa talk to him haha. She told him I wanted to break up with him! He didn’t believe her though, luckily. I talked to him a few minutes later anyway and told him I loved him anyway lol. He was laughing at Steven’s stupidity of calling us...apparently they just found it while flipping through channels and Steven though it’d be funny if we knew they saw it. You two are so lucky we’re understanding girls :-P Apparently some other people got in trouble for watching it though haha.
Saturday, we got up nice and early...yuck haha...but then we had a great program...Awesome songs...I think one of the most amazing things I saw was the fact that everyone seemed to forget about being selfconcious. We had to do some dances that I know plenty of us wouldn’t normally do all out...and yet we did. It was wonderful...especially considering how many people were there! I believe the total was 6,347 people from 295 churches. After that we did a walk for hunger thing...I was so tired though...and my legs weren’t cooperating...and it was cold...so uhh yeah we kinda cheated and didn’t go around even one whole lap haha and it was supposed to be two. Steven and Rachel were the only ones I know of that did the full thing though so oh well. Then we had lunch...and then Ms. Toby pulled all the girls onto one of the busses and we had a long talk about cliches and girls being mean to eachother...apparently there’ve been some big issues lately, which I’ve been lucky enough to avoid and not even notice happening...A few people got up and made speeches about things...then the other bus left without us haha and there were like 3 girls in each seat so a bunch had to go back to the hotel in the vans.
Anyway...we got back and had the afternoon free. Melissa, Rachel, and I hung out in Corey and Steven’s room (they let us as long as the door was open) and watched Spaceballs on TV...Then we ate dinner and went to another session. One girl gave an amazing devotional...She was the youngest of three siblings. Her older brother were mentally retarded. Her mother was an alcoholic prostitute. Just the situation itself sounded bad enough. She told us how she ran away when she was like 15 and came to Raleigh...couldn’t find a shelter and had to stay with a stranger...got a job but she had to say she was 18 so she got caught a month later and she was brought to a detention center where they called her mom. Her mom said she’d come get her, although the police offered to send her back home, and her mom didn’t have a car or anything. So they released her...and her mom never came...and eventually the police man that found her in the first place found out that her mom hadn’t come...He is now her foster father. I just can’t even imagine going through all that.
I was much more awake for that session, but I could tell Corey was really tired and he looked and sounded like he didn’t feel good...so when we got the chance to stay for the concert, we decided to go ahead and go back to the hotel. I went up to my room for a minute and then went down to make Corey go to sleep...and brought him some medicine and some vitamin C hehe...So he lay down and I sat next to him...we had the TV on for a while...but he eventually closed his eyes...and I’ve discovered he falls asleep if I stroke his cheeks for a while, so I did...I just kept smiling the whole time, thinking how wonderful and absolutely adorable he was, even though he was sick...Finally I thought he was asleep...I kept debating whether to leave for fear of me falling asleep too (which would NOT go over well with the chaperones haha; we think they duct taped doors after 11) or to stay to be sure he was fully asleep...Eventually I took his glasses off and got up and turned off the TV...and then he opened his eyes...he told me later he just wanted to wake up to say goodnight because he’d been like 3/4 asleep hehe...He couldn’t talk though, I guess because a combination of him being half asleep and sick. He finally got out “sleep well” with some hand gestures lol...and he kept trying to talk...so I went back over to his bed, kissed his cheek, and left...and despite him being sick and me having to leave him...I couldn’t stop smiling...I had the image of his sweet sleeping face in my mind for the rest of the night^^
Sunday we went to the last session...which brought up some memories...the devotional made me cry, though I mostly controlled myself. It’s seriously making me think about doing a devotional at youth...I’ve got a pretty good one in mind. We’ll see. Then we went home...watched part of a movie on the bus, I forget which. Then I did homework the rest of the day, yuck. Corey slept though, so that made me happy :-)
I’ve been randomly adding to this entry since Sunday evening, typing out a few lines whenever I got the chance, so I’m sorry it’s kinda choppy. Anyways, I hardly remember anything I did this week lol. So I’ll just talk about the few things I do remember:
Wednesday I went to the library because I realized that my lack of block quotes made my paper well under the required minimum length. So I spent a few hours there...and didn’t do my history homework at all...yuck...except one awesome part^^ hehe...Corey saw my away message and decided he needed to come *cough* check out some books...apparently he was “spying” on me really obviously for a while but I was so involved trying to find more quotes that I didn’t notice...so he came up to me...stood right in front of me...and I wasn’t really paying attention except I saw that someone was there so I thought maybe I was in someone’s way haha so I looked up and there was Corazy! Nice surprise, and great timing too because I was kinda going insane looking at all the material lol. He only stayed a minute because he knew I had to get back to work, but it was a wonderful break <333
Yesterday (Friday), Corey took me home after school and stayed until almost 9. Over 6 1/2 straight hours with him :-D <333333333333333 Best afternoon/evening I’ve had in ages even though it did feel a lot shorter than it actually was. I was randomly really tired for a while and he was mocking me...and I tried to make fun of the way he was mocking me but I ended up saying “intimidate” instead of “imitate” lol so that was interesting. When he had to leave, I walked him out to the driveway and he kept almost leaving and then coming back to kiss me one last time, hehe...which made me giggle, even if he did compare it to being addicted to soda hahaha I love you Corazy <333333333333333 hehe
Tonight I went to Liz’s house. We had a huge bonfire hehe. I wish Corey had been there to see it though, but he’s at his aunt’s house for the rest of the weekend. I think the kidney’s casually preverted talk-especially since I was being more open about it than usual anyway-kinda freaked Melissa and Austin out...but I had fun lol. And I got to straighten Davey’s hair! Hehehehe...but part of it wouldn’t get straight, even when Laura tried. And I put some eyeshadow on him because we couldn’t find a sharpened black eyeliner. Oh and, skipping around a bit, Laura sang us a really really prettyful song^^ We taught Matt how to give a back rub, and I got one from Dave :-) which made my back feel much better; thanks Davey!
Tomorrow...I’ll get up, do my physics if I can figure out how (so much for doing that at Liz’s lol), reread/read for history, have mom call my history stuff out (I have a test Monday), and go to youth. Then two days of school...and then it’s BREAK! Yay! Well sortof. Corey’ll be gone the whole time :-( He hasn’t been at his dad’s house in ages because of marching band though, so I guess it’s fair-I’ll just miss him tons. We might be able to do something Tuesday after school though...I want to straighten his hair and take a picture of it because it’s gotten really long but his mom is making him cut it in December...and it’ll really show how long it is if it’s straight hehe. Only another quarter of the semester left and then we’ll have Christmas break! I hope Corey gets some time here for that :-) Every minute I’m away from him feels like a week too long.
So...a week and a little over 4 pages later...I think I’m finally done. And that’s good because my eyes are barely willing to stay open hehe. So I’ll end with this: Goodnight everyone, sweet dreams! And Corey...whenever you actually get to read this, I’m guessing when you’re at your dads...I love you <3333333333333 *plans on going to sleep and dreaming sweet dreams of him*
Tuesday Corey took me home from school since my parents were still at the funeral...and he had to do some errands...so I asked if he wanted some company and he said sure. Lol so we rode around and went to banks and grocerty stores and such for like an hour and a half...You’d think that would be sooo boring haha but I had a blast...just because I was with him...especially since I was with him at a time that I’m not used to getting to be with him.
Wednesday...I did homework. Until about midnight...and got up a little after 5 the next day. Blegh. Worth it though...because Thursday I went to help Corey and some scouts with his Eagle project, installing a wireless internet system for a church camp. I finally got to meet his dad...even if Corey didn’t introduce us :-P We introduced ourselves lol...he was nice...and knew a surprising amount about me lol...He knew I had an older brother in college...random stuff like that :-) And one time he even said “You’ll have to come down with Corey and Hannah sometime.” Oh and we schemed to get pictures of Corey because his mom wanted some but Corey wouldn’t let me take any of him haha...so his dad took some pictures of Corey when he wasn’t paying attention...even a picture of him taking a picture. Hehehe. The wireless stuff didn’t quite work out because there was some faulty equipment, so we’ll have to go back another day. It was fun though...despite a few of the younger scouts being kind of agrivating. Oh and I got nicknamed the Research Staff because the IBM guy had me look up how to configure some stuff online...yay for having no earthly idea what I was talking about and managing to find a site that was what he wanted hahaha. Oh, some of the scouts played hide and seek and sardines during a break...and the absolute best moment was when the guy that was hiding decided he’d rather come talk to me and Corey but didn’t tell the others...so we sat at a table in a big, open room...and one of the scouts came in, glanced at us, and went to search in the kitchen.
Friday, Corey and I both woke up a little bit sick. Yuck. That night we stayed in the bandroom for a while because it was raining but marching band was supposed to perform if the rain stopped...but it kept pouring...so I did some of my history project and hung out with people and such...Melissa and Austin are going back out :-D I don’t know if I ever put in here that they broke up but I’m glad they’re back together. 5 min before halftime, we were told we could leave...Corey went to get the car so that Melissa and I wouldn’t have to get totally soaked...so Melissa, Austin and I hung out under one of the props haha...and Austin was supposed to be watching for Corey because I couldn’t see around the prop and Melissa couldnt see around Austin hahaha but Austin apparently can’t see. I asked him “are you still watching?” and he said he was...like 30 seconds later Corey ran up to us spazzing that we hadn’t seen him hahaha so we blamed Austin. Then we all got wet going to the car, though Corey was totally soaked lol *pats him* Luckily he got to change when we went back to his house for a minute because his mom drove us to Pilgrimage.
Pilgrimage was cool. We didn’t do much Friday night since band people came after the session had ended...but we found out rooms (I was with Anna, Melissa, and Rachel) and talked for a long time haha. Oh and Steven and Corey got a room to themselves since the total number of guys wasn’t divisable by 4. Wow that sounded to Mathy. Yeah. Anyway...so apparently they were watching TV...and called Rachel’s cell while our chaperone (Mrs. Hadden! She rocks) was in our room...Steven was like “Is there a chaperone in your room?” and Rache was like “yeah...why?” and he said to turn the TV to channel 5 after she left. So we were thinking something funny must be on, but we were thinking the chaperone comment was b/c it was like cursing or bad jokes or something. We turned on the TV...and we see a random drunk girl...and then the camera panned over to a girl in a thong. Within like 5 seconds, the TV was off hahaha....We called them back and asked what on Earth they were doing...especially why they wanted to TELL US they were watching it hahaha with MY BOYFRIEND in the room...Melissa wanted me to get on the phone and pretend to be really mad at Corey but I didn’t want to be that mean and I was scared I’d start laughing...but I let Melissa talk to him haha. She told him I wanted to break up with him! He didn’t believe her though, luckily. I talked to him a few minutes later anyway and told him I loved him anyway lol. He was laughing at Steven’s stupidity of calling us...apparently they just found it while flipping through channels and Steven though it’d be funny if we knew they saw it. You two are so lucky we’re understanding girls :-P Apparently some other people got in trouble for watching it though haha.
Saturday, we got up nice and early...yuck haha...but then we had a great program...Awesome songs...I think one of the most amazing things I saw was the fact that everyone seemed to forget about being selfconcious. We had to do some dances that I know plenty of us wouldn’t normally do all out...and yet we did. It was wonderful...especially considering how many people were there! I believe the total was 6,347 people from 295 churches. After that we did a walk for hunger thing...I was so tired though...and my legs weren’t cooperating...and it was cold...so uhh yeah we kinda cheated and didn’t go around even one whole lap haha and it was supposed to be two. Steven and Rachel were the only ones I know of that did the full thing though so oh well. Then we had lunch...and then Ms. Toby pulled all the girls onto one of the busses and we had a long talk about cliches and girls being mean to eachother...apparently there’ve been some big issues lately, which I’ve been lucky enough to avoid and not even notice happening...A few people got up and made speeches about things...then the other bus left without us haha and there were like 3 girls in each seat so a bunch had to go back to the hotel in the vans.
Anyway...we got back and had the afternoon free. Melissa, Rachel, and I hung out in Corey and Steven’s room (they let us as long as the door was open) and watched Spaceballs on TV...Then we ate dinner and went to another session. One girl gave an amazing devotional...She was the youngest of three siblings. Her older brother were mentally retarded. Her mother was an alcoholic prostitute. Just the situation itself sounded bad enough. She told us how she ran away when she was like 15 and came to Raleigh...couldn’t find a shelter and had to stay with a stranger...got a job but she had to say she was 18 so she got caught a month later and she was brought to a detention center where they called her mom. Her mom said she’d come get her, although the police offered to send her back home, and her mom didn’t have a car or anything. So they released her...and her mom never came...and eventually the police man that found her in the first place found out that her mom hadn’t come...He is now her foster father. I just can’t even imagine going through all that.
I was much more awake for that session, but I could tell Corey was really tired and he looked and sounded like he didn’t feel good...so when we got the chance to stay for the concert, we decided to go ahead and go back to the hotel. I went up to my room for a minute and then went down to make Corey go to sleep...and brought him some medicine and some vitamin C hehe...So he lay down and I sat next to him...we had the TV on for a while...but he eventually closed his eyes...and I’ve discovered he falls asleep if I stroke his cheeks for a while, so I did...I just kept smiling the whole time, thinking how wonderful and absolutely adorable he was, even though he was sick...Finally I thought he was asleep...I kept debating whether to leave for fear of me falling asleep too (which would NOT go over well with the chaperones haha; we think they duct taped doors after 11) or to stay to be sure he was fully asleep...Eventually I took his glasses off and got up and turned off the TV...and then he opened his eyes...he told me later he just wanted to wake up to say goodnight because he’d been like 3/4 asleep hehe...He couldn’t talk though, I guess because a combination of him being half asleep and sick. He finally got out “sleep well” with some hand gestures lol...and he kept trying to talk...so I went back over to his bed, kissed his cheek, and left...and despite him being sick and me having to leave him...I couldn’t stop smiling...I had the image of his sweet sleeping face in my mind for the rest of the night^^
Sunday we went to the last session...which brought up some memories...the devotional made me cry, though I mostly controlled myself. It’s seriously making me think about doing a devotional at youth...I’ve got a pretty good one in mind. We’ll see. Then we went home...watched part of a movie on the bus, I forget which. Then I did homework the rest of the day, yuck. Corey slept though, so that made me happy :-)
I’ve been randomly adding to this entry since Sunday evening, typing out a few lines whenever I got the chance, so I’m sorry it’s kinda choppy. Anyways, I hardly remember anything I did this week lol. So I’ll just talk about the few things I do remember:
Wednesday I went to the library because I realized that my lack of block quotes made my paper well under the required minimum length. So I spent a few hours there...and didn’t do my history homework at all...yuck...except one awesome part^^ hehe...Corey saw my away message and decided he needed to come *cough* check out some books...apparently he was “spying” on me really obviously for a while but I was so involved trying to find more quotes that I didn’t notice...so he came up to me...stood right in front of me...and I wasn’t really paying attention except I saw that someone was there so I thought maybe I was in someone’s way haha so I looked up and there was Corazy! Nice surprise, and great timing too because I was kinda going insane looking at all the material lol. He only stayed a minute because he knew I had to get back to work, but it was a wonderful break <333
Yesterday (Friday), Corey took me home after school and stayed until almost 9. Over 6 1/2 straight hours with him :-D <333333333333333 Best afternoon/evening I’ve had in ages even though it did feel a lot shorter than it actually was. I was randomly really tired for a while and he was mocking me...and I tried to make fun of the way he was mocking me but I ended up saying “intimidate” instead of “imitate” lol so that was interesting. When he had to leave, I walked him out to the driveway and he kept almost leaving and then coming back to kiss me one last time, hehe...which made me giggle, even if he did compare it to being addicted to soda hahaha I love you Corazy <333333333333333 hehe
Tonight I went to Liz’s house. We had a huge bonfire hehe. I wish Corey had been there to see it though, but he’s at his aunt’s house for the rest of the weekend. I think the kidney’s casually preverted talk-especially since I was being more open about it than usual anyway-kinda freaked Melissa and Austin out...but I had fun lol. And I got to straighten Davey’s hair! Hehehehe...but part of it wouldn’t get straight, even when Laura tried. And I put some eyeshadow on him because we couldn’t find a sharpened black eyeliner. Oh and, skipping around a bit, Laura sang us a really really prettyful song^^ We taught Matt how to give a back rub, and I got one from Dave :-) which made my back feel much better; thanks Davey!
Tomorrow...I’ll get up, do my physics if I can figure out how (so much for doing that at Liz’s lol), reread/read for history, have mom call my history stuff out (I have a test Monday), and go to youth. Then two days of school...and then it’s BREAK! Yay! Well sortof. Corey’ll be gone the whole time :-( He hasn’t been at his dad’s house in ages because of marching band though, so I guess it’s fair-I’ll just miss him tons. We might be able to do something Tuesday after school though...I want to straighten his hair and take a picture of it because it’s gotten really long but his mom is making him cut it in December...and it’ll really show how long it is if it’s straight hehe. Only another quarter of the semester left and then we’ll have Christmas break! I hope Corey gets some time here for that :-) Every minute I’m away from him feels like a week too long.
So...a week and a little over 4 pages later...I think I’m finally done. And that’s good because my eyes are barely willing to stay open hehe. So I’ll end with this: Goodnight everyone, sweet dreams! And Corey...whenever you actually get to read this, I’m guessing when you’re at your dads...I love you <3333333333333 *plans on going to sleep and dreaming sweet dreams of him*