<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, March 28, 2005

time for a quick blog since I only have 20 minutes before bed.

Saturday the 19th I went to jr visitation day at Meredith...eh...I love the campus but I don't like the education program as much as Wilmington. Meredith uses a totally different system...to teach math, you major in math and get "certified" to teach it. At Wilmington and most other schools, you major in math education instead...meaning you get courses on how to teach instead of just learning a lot of math that won't help me teach high school geometry. I'd rather have the psych (gah german makes me keep questioning english spelling) classes and stuff that an education major requires than an insane load of math courses. However...Meredith is close to State...and they have an agreement that whatever things their college doesn't offer can be taken at the other one without changing tuition or anything...like State kids can take music classes at Meredith and Meredith kids can take something at State as long as Meredith doesn't offer it...and that concept extends to noncompetitive sports...including marching band (college marching bands don't compete). So...that'd be cool. But...ugh...I don't know. It's almost like everyone there is TOO motivated. Everyone I talked to was involved with at least like 10 organizations and president or similar of several of them and...yeah. I'm not sure that I like that. And it's private, meaning I'd have to have major scholarships to go there anyway. *sigh* we'll see. I just don't want to be far away...from one person in particular.

Sunday night we left for the cruise (band trip)...drove for 12 hours eaaaaaarly monday morning...The buses were a lot nicer than the ones we took to Disney freshman year for that band trip where the seats were tiny...these ones had a TON of room so I have a feeling Mr. Rowe requested ones with leg room hehe. Anyway...got to Port Canaveral (sp?) and got on the boat...omgsh...the rooms were TINY lol, especially the showers. There were four of us to a room, two bunk beds, and since we had to have evening wear and stuff, we had stuff EVERYWHERE lol so it was always a mess...especially since the people would come in to "clean" aka shove stuff under the beds...often the wrong person's stuff under the wrong bed lol...and that meant that we had to pull everying out to find something at the very back so it just made an even bigger mess. Oh well. When the boat started to move I felt sick...even though I had those motion sickness wristband thingies on that usually work really really well for me...but ugh yeah so I took some medicine...the "less drowsey" kind...which of course knocked me out. I went to bed at 9:00 the first night. I'm usually like the worlds lightest sleeper. Someone can poke me lightly and I'll be wide awake. However...Catherine and Taylor came back to the room after Melissa and I were asleep. Catherine got in the shower...and it was the kind where the head can be pulled off of the stand thingie and it's attached to a hose...but something was wrong with the water pressure. If the shower was on even the tinyist little bit, the showerhead flew off of the stand and rocketed around the bathroom, but of course no one knew that since we hadn't tried the shower yet. So Catherine turned it on and it flew off and made a mess and she and Taylor were screaming because water was flying everywhere but they couldnt get close to the knob to turn it off...eventually they did...and then Catherine put duct tape on it to make it stay *giggle* it's a good thing she always has duct tape. But anyway, point being, I slept through that whole thing lol.

gah 5 min left

So the rest of the cruise...umm...We got a Superior at the competition thingie, as did Wind Ensamble of course...The judge seemed impressed...I was surprised lol because we had like 4 rehersals as a combined band and the freshmen didn't have the music very long...and I didn't think it sounded that great...but whatever, we got a superior even though it was 8:30 AM lol. So that's cool. 3 mintues. Ohh 42 hehe. Umm yeah. So the rest of the cruise...We went to Coco Cay, an island owned by the cruiseline, and that was cool...we rented snorkle gear but that was kinda a waste of money because there wasn't much too see...I didn't go out very far because I was having trouble getting over the rocks, but Corey and Austin said there wasn't a whole lot further out anyway. We played volleyball with some random people and the little kid got mad at Melissa and me for fooling around and not hitting the ball...so we got frustrated and stopped playing...I'm not exactly a big volleyball fan anyway lol, of playing it anyway, so we watched and took pictures. They also had a cool market thingie that we looked at but we decided to save money for Nassau...and that'll have to wait for next update b/c it's bedtime. Gnight all!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?