<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, September 23, 2005

Updating because I'm bored.

School first I guess:
English: weird. ms. whitaker is nice but her assignments are strange, like memorizing half English half German poems and it's kinda dumb. Some of the kids in that class are driving me nuts...like today, we had to edit eachothers college papers...and omg in my HONORS SENIOR ENGLISH CLASS someone asked her what a contraction is. I about fell out of my chair. Then I read Corey's paper and saw the corrections someone had made on it...and the corrections were horrible. They added a bunch of comma splices and took out essential words of sentences and made some sentences into fragments. Bleh.

Creative Writing: again, weird. Ms. Bate is nice too but she has us do dumb assignments sometimes...like when we had to write words that started w/A in the shape of an A. thats cool in like 2nd grade lol. So yeah. I put a little bit of work into the first few papers but now that we've started poetry i'm slacking again...but...she's too specific i think to make it any good. Like the other day when we wrote limerics...she gave us the first line "There once was a young man from Apex" and we had to finish it...and all read them out loud...and there just aren't many rhymes for Apex and a limeric requires two more. We couldn't use "sex." So there was like...hex, checks, latex, and T-rex. yeah. none of them made much sense because of that. I like that she's a democrat and proud of it though lol. It makes me want to make fun of Bush even more often. I was determined to fit something in about him being stupid today...we had to write a poem about New Orleans...oh that reminds me, that girl is still taking up a ton of our class time and driving us all kind of crazy...like I said before, I know she can't help it, but it's really really agrivating. All she ever wants to do in class is get on the computer now and I feel like she never pays attention and it just makes her ask even more questions...From "what time is it" just after the teacher asks one of us to not knowing what happened in New Orleans...she asked the teacher when we were given our assignment and Ms. Bate just looked lost for words...eventually she said "...it flooded." I'm going to type my poem out just for the heck of it:

Rain falls, and the roads are swept away
They thought they were prepared, thought it would be alright to stay
Now families have no home at the end of the day

Bush tries to reassure them but his words are lost in vain
For each time he appears, they cannot hope to see a plane
Without food, homes, and water, their lives are filled with pain

Just as hope comes in sight, threat of devistation will return
Weather plays at a distant shelter and their stomachs begin to church
For the fire in their hearts, so long put out, had only just begun to burn

Yeah so I just lost the whole rest of this post grrr retyping so its probably going to be less detailed

AP Physics: still a tough class but i'm a lot more confident now that we got the first test back. i did fairly well, especially considering i didnt see a whole page of it. so yay.

Band: Sophomores are officially really annoying and they make up like 80% of my band class. They never shut up or stop playing their instruments and it makes Mr. Rowe get in a bad mood and that's not fun for the rest of us.

Marching Band stuff: I did props for the game last friday and it was ok...but now there are no more props for me...I lost my bus spot so I can't go to the competitons. I don't get how I lost my spot...I had one when I was in pit an no one else joined and I paid for it. Mr. Rowe just told me a few days ago. Grr. So I miss out on almost all of my Corey time during marching season...tonight and the saturday 3 weeks from now are our only times together besides youth and school because he'll have games every Friday and I know he wants to go to the away games and hasn't gotten a chance yet. So yeah. I'm kinda ticked off. Not at anyone specific or anything; it's no ones fault and if they have enough spots for everyone then I know they wont get a bigger bus or anything lol, but I'm just agrivated because I'm going to lose almost all of my time with him. I was really counting on those bus rides. I'm resenting marching band more than ever because I feel like it's stealing my friends and my boyfriend away from me bit by bit. It's all they ever talk about and all it does for me is remind me of how left out I am, memories of feeling awful at camp and practises, how bad and yet relieved I feel about quitting (and the relief somehow makes me feel even more guilty), and it makes me think of how little time I'll have with Corey for a long time. I know its a huge part of all of their lives and their excited about it an all that but it's really driving me crazy and just making me more upset. I can't wait til November.

Other stuff: Corey and I went out last weekend for our two year anniversary. I gave him the scrapbook finally and he gave me a cool picture collage thing and some new charms for my bracelet. We went to Irregardless Cafe for dinner and had a good time. Sunday they announced they're going to change the senior beach trip for youth, which is awesome. I could go now anyway I guess without band but it'd only be like me and Rachel so they won't do that and I'd miss the band people. So it'll be after marching band season...so it's going to be freezing in the ocean and such lol so I doubt we'll swim but it'll still be really fun so I'm excited. Umm. I think I'm out of things to say. I'll go relax and eat dinner and wait for Corey to call me after practise...gah I hate that we're both sick on one of our two nights we get to see eachother...but I guess there's nothing we can do about it now.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?