Monday, October 17, 2005
Ok so I'm finally writing after all those comment test things...but I got them working so...*hint hint* hehe
So...school:
English: We're reading Pride and Prejudice, which is officially the most boring book in the world. Well, the plot is okay, but the writing style is incredibly boring. They go off about manners for pages at a time and just...yuck. We had a test on the first 1/3 of it today, and I was amused that almost the entire class was rushing to finish their spark notes. I read the real book but I'll admitt the sparknotes help...but I think most people only used those. They probably did fine on the test though because it was actually pretty easy. It's still not the greatest class in the world but it's not horrible. At least I have my little corner of friends...but she tried to move Melissa today! But some other kid that was going to trade places with Melissa talked Ms. Whitaker out of it.
Creative Writing: I wrote a ton of complaints about the class in my journal, and apparently so did a lot of other people. She finally collected them and read them. I don't know if it'll change anything, but at least she knows how we feel. I feel really bad for the girl in our class with a mental dissorder though...It's actually kind of bizzare...Our teacher doesn't do anything to most of the kids that interrupt and act obnoxious, but she's been kinda mean to this girl lately...and it's for things we all know she can't help doing or doesn't understand why she shouldn't do them. I just don't think that's fair. We have to write a short story and she gave us an insane word limit...not that it's too short or too long, just that it's so EXACT! It has to be between 980 and 1000 words. So we have 20 optional words. That's like two sentences. That's rediculous. Even college essays give you less of a limit, like 250 to 500 words. And this is CREATIVE writing. Oh well. I need a plot. I kinda want to try writing a romance story, just because I've never done that before, but I want to write like...an err adult romance. Or at least like high school/college level. Not middle school lovers. And I don't think the class is mature enough to handle something like that, even if I didn't make it like some sex scandal thing. We'll see.
AP Physics: I HAVE AN A! Lol woohoo 92.7. It makes me happy. And I talked Ms. Beiles into changing our homework schedule because it didn't make sense-we got homework on a Friday and had til the next Friday to do it. You'd think that'd be awesome and everything, but the problem was, we didn't learn anything until at least Tuesday, and we didn't finish learning the week's worth of material until Thursday. So I asked if we could change it to a Monday-Monday schedule so we'd have a weekend AFTER learning material instead of before, and she said ok. Yay!
Band: My section is annoying because they don't pay attention. Mr. Rowe will count us off and give us plenty of time to get ready and stuff...six measures into the song, they MIGHT stop talking and play. And come in wrong. And grr. It's annoying. They're all nice though and I don't like being mean to people unless they're mean to me so...I'm kinda stuck. Mr. Rowe has complained to them a few times but I don't think they really cared much. They make a big deal about how they should be allowed to play obnoxiously loud because Mr. Rowe will tell other sections to play louder...but trust me, if you heard them blasting they way they do, coming in at the wrong part especially, you'd understand why he wants them to tone it down. It's not like we can't be heard.
Ok so what have I done lately besides school? College applications. Scholarship applications. Blehh. Umm. Youth. Youth is fun as usual...the campout was postponed which is awesome because now I can go and the marching band people can go, even though it'll be freezing lol. The senior trip is going to be rescheduled too though, probably in January or so. Pilgrimage is soon and I'm looking forward to it. Toby's changing positions at church so she won't be our youth minister anymore...I thought she was changing in January but Corey thinks she meant like April...I dunno. Either way, she's going to be the missions director, which is actually pretty cool, because she wants to start up some service projects for college kids, and I would LOVE to do that...the idea of only having one more summer of ASP and AOSP sucks. Umm...other stuff...I haven't seen anyone in forever outside of school and youth. I've hardly seen Corey and I miss him like crazy and I cannot wait until marching season is over. Hey, at least I'm honest, right? I had a breakdown a few weeks ago at youth about how much I hate it when no one shuts up about it because I feel incredibly left out, guilty for not wanting to talk about it, guilty for leaving, and it hits me with a rush of bad memories every time someone brings it up. I understand people want to talk about it and everything and I don't want it to be like a forbidden subject around me or w/e, because then I'll feel worse and they'll feel uncomfortable or get mad at me, but I really really really hate it when it dominates the conversation for a long period of time. Too bad no one reads this to get the point. This weekend was a mess, or at least Saturday night. Corey was supposed to call me after the competition and I stayed up late just to get the call...and it never came. I went through everything from feeling angry and forgotten to a stream of "what if"s that went to me thinking the bus crashed and a bunch of my friends died. And then I felt bad because I wasn't with them because if I'd stayed in marching band I would've been. And then I realized I was mad at Corey not calling me and what if I was mad at him while he was dying? I cried for like two hours and was generally freaked out. Of course, it turned out he did try to call and something just happened with the phone and everyones fine. But seriously, anyone who reads this, especially if you're in marching band, please just try to understand why I don't want to talk about it...because I know a lot of you don't know about it because I don't want to bring it up because if I do I'm going to start crying again. I wouldn't mind it if those that that do know would spread it around though. Everything about it makes me tense up. Like the other day just Liz finding stand tunes on her ipod. Liz, if you see this, I'm not blaming you or anything, because I guess you don't know how I feel about this stuff, but I'm just using that as an example. Yes, I am coming to Cary Band Day, because I still support you guys and I know how much you love it and I always love it when friends support me when I do performances and stuff. Yes, I will ask how a competition went because otherwise it looks rude. But otherwise, it's a topic I'd love to avoid as much as possible. No stories of people passing out or getting dehydrated especially.
Wow so that general paragraph turned into why I hate marching band...lol.
Uhh what else have I done lately...Oh, I went shopping with Austin, Corey, and Liz to get Austin's anniversary present for Melissa. That was much fun. We found a really pretty promise ring, and after all the craziness of trying to find where on earth to get a size 7 1/2 ring (we even called my mom to call Melissa's mom to look up her class ring size haha), we finally just got a 7 and decided Austin could have it enlarged later, because there wasn't enough time before their anniversary...and it fit. So yay! Oh, and we went out for Japanese food Thursday when we had school off, which was yummy, and Alison had never had it before so it was cool for her to get to try it. Corey even got to come over for a little while that day and we went to Panera for dinner.
OH I KNOW WHAT I DIDN'T WRITE ABOUT! Wednesday evening, Corey was supposed to come over after practise. I was really looking forward to it, but I've got to admit, our change of plans was pretty cool. He called me while I was in the car with Mom on the way home from dinner. He was sooooo excited because EMERIL WAS AT BARNES AND NOBLE which, afterall, is a pretty good reason to be excited haha. So I told him Mom would drop me off at his house so he wouldn't have to come get me so we could save some time, since we were right outside of his neighborhood anyway. We were like halfway down the street when his car passed us and slowed to a stop. He couldn't even wait for me to get to his house haha. I love seeing him that excited about something. I jumped in his car and we went off. We had to park at the mall and walk because there were a ton of people there. Four hours later, we met Emeril! Corey bought his new book and got him to sign it, and he shook both of our hands. It was neat.
I've been thinking a lot about getting a job...the place I really really want to work is Flame Kissed Beads, and I went in to talk to the owner the other day. He told me they'll hire seasonal help in November, so I left a resume and such with him...It's kinda sad that it'd only be for a month and a half or so, but it'd be fun, and I'd much rather do that than work at pretty much anywhere else. I told the guy I'd do anything from window displays to teaching classes and he seemed impressed. We'll see.
Ok I guess I'm out of things to say so...bye!
So...school:
English: We're reading Pride and Prejudice, which is officially the most boring book in the world. Well, the plot is okay, but the writing style is incredibly boring. They go off about manners for pages at a time and just...yuck. We had a test on the first 1/3 of it today, and I was amused that almost the entire class was rushing to finish their spark notes. I read the real book but I'll admitt the sparknotes help...but I think most people only used those. They probably did fine on the test though because it was actually pretty easy. It's still not the greatest class in the world but it's not horrible. At least I have my little corner of friends...but she tried to move Melissa today! But some other kid that was going to trade places with Melissa talked Ms. Whitaker out of it.
Creative Writing: I wrote a ton of complaints about the class in my journal, and apparently so did a lot of other people. She finally collected them and read them. I don't know if it'll change anything, but at least she knows how we feel. I feel really bad for the girl in our class with a mental dissorder though...It's actually kind of bizzare...Our teacher doesn't do anything to most of the kids that interrupt and act obnoxious, but she's been kinda mean to this girl lately...and it's for things we all know she can't help doing or doesn't understand why she shouldn't do them. I just don't think that's fair. We have to write a short story and she gave us an insane word limit...not that it's too short or too long, just that it's so EXACT! It has to be between 980 and 1000 words. So we have 20 optional words. That's like two sentences. That's rediculous. Even college essays give you less of a limit, like 250 to 500 words. And this is CREATIVE writing. Oh well. I need a plot. I kinda want to try writing a romance story, just because I've never done that before, but I want to write like...an err adult romance. Or at least like high school/college level. Not middle school lovers. And I don't think the class is mature enough to handle something like that, even if I didn't make it like some sex scandal thing. We'll see.
AP Physics: I HAVE AN A! Lol woohoo 92.7. It makes me happy. And I talked Ms. Beiles into changing our homework schedule because it didn't make sense-we got homework on a Friday and had til the next Friday to do it. You'd think that'd be awesome and everything, but the problem was, we didn't learn anything until at least Tuesday, and we didn't finish learning the week's worth of material until Thursday. So I asked if we could change it to a Monday-Monday schedule so we'd have a weekend AFTER learning material instead of before, and she said ok. Yay!
Band: My section is annoying because they don't pay attention. Mr. Rowe will count us off and give us plenty of time to get ready and stuff...six measures into the song, they MIGHT stop talking and play. And come in wrong. And grr. It's annoying. They're all nice though and I don't like being mean to people unless they're mean to me so...I'm kinda stuck. Mr. Rowe has complained to them a few times but I don't think they really cared much. They make a big deal about how they should be allowed to play obnoxiously loud because Mr. Rowe will tell other sections to play louder...but trust me, if you heard them blasting they way they do, coming in at the wrong part especially, you'd understand why he wants them to tone it down. It's not like we can't be heard.
Ok so what have I done lately besides school? College applications. Scholarship applications. Blehh. Umm. Youth. Youth is fun as usual...the campout was postponed which is awesome because now I can go and the marching band people can go, even though it'll be freezing lol. The senior trip is going to be rescheduled too though, probably in January or so. Pilgrimage is soon and I'm looking forward to it. Toby's changing positions at church so she won't be our youth minister anymore...I thought she was changing in January but Corey thinks she meant like April...I dunno. Either way, she's going to be the missions director, which is actually pretty cool, because she wants to start up some service projects for college kids, and I would LOVE to do that...the idea of only having one more summer of ASP and AOSP sucks. Umm...other stuff...I haven't seen anyone in forever outside of school and youth. I've hardly seen Corey and I miss him like crazy and I cannot wait until marching season is over. Hey, at least I'm honest, right? I had a breakdown a few weeks ago at youth about how much I hate it when no one shuts up about it because I feel incredibly left out, guilty for not wanting to talk about it, guilty for leaving, and it hits me with a rush of bad memories every time someone brings it up. I understand people want to talk about it and everything and I don't want it to be like a forbidden subject around me or w/e, because then I'll feel worse and they'll feel uncomfortable or get mad at me, but I really really really hate it when it dominates the conversation for a long period of time. Too bad no one reads this to get the point. This weekend was a mess, or at least Saturday night. Corey was supposed to call me after the competition and I stayed up late just to get the call...and it never came. I went through everything from feeling angry and forgotten to a stream of "what if"s that went to me thinking the bus crashed and a bunch of my friends died. And then I felt bad because I wasn't with them because if I'd stayed in marching band I would've been. And then I realized I was mad at Corey not calling me and what if I was mad at him while he was dying? I cried for like two hours and was generally freaked out. Of course, it turned out he did try to call and something just happened with the phone and everyones fine. But seriously, anyone who reads this, especially if you're in marching band, please just try to understand why I don't want to talk about it...because I know a lot of you don't know about it because I don't want to bring it up because if I do I'm going to start crying again. I wouldn't mind it if those that that do know would spread it around though. Everything about it makes me tense up. Like the other day just Liz finding stand tunes on her ipod. Liz, if you see this, I'm not blaming you or anything, because I guess you don't know how I feel about this stuff, but I'm just using that as an example. Yes, I am coming to Cary Band Day, because I still support you guys and I know how much you love it and I always love it when friends support me when I do performances and stuff. Yes, I will ask how a competition went because otherwise it looks rude. But otherwise, it's a topic I'd love to avoid as much as possible. No stories of people passing out or getting dehydrated especially.
Wow so that general paragraph turned into why I hate marching band...lol.
Uhh what else have I done lately...Oh, I went shopping with Austin, Corey, and Liz to get Austin's anniversary present for Melissa. That was much fun. We found a really pretty promise ring, and after all the craziness of trying to find where on earth to get a size 7 1/2 ring (we even called my mom to call Melissa's mom to look up her class ring size haha), we finally just got a 7 and decided Austin could have it enlarged later, because there wasn't enough time before their anniversary...and it fit. So yay! Oh, and we went out for Japanese food Thursday when we had school off, which was yummy, and Alison had never had it before so it was cool for her to get to try it. Corey even got to come over for a little while that day and we went to Panera for dinner.
OH I KNOW WHAT I DIDN'T WRITE ABOUT! Wednesday evening, Corey was supposed to come over after practise. I was really looking forward to it, but I've got to admit, our change of plans was pretty cool. He called me while I was in the car with Mom on the way home from dinner. He was sooooo excited because EMERIL WAS AT BARNES AND NOBLE which, afterall, is a pretty good reason to be excited haha. So I told him Mom would drop me off at his house so he wouldn't have to come get me so we could save some time, since we were right outside of his neighborhood anyway. We were like halfway down the street when his car passed us and slowed to a stop. He couldn't even wait for me to get to his house haha. I love seeing him that excited about something. I jumped in his car and we went off. We had to park at the mall and walk because there were a ton of people there. Four hours later, we met Emeril! Corey bought his new book and got him to sign it, and he shook both of our hands. It was neat.
I've been thinking a lot about getting a job...the place I really really want to work is Flame Kissed Beads, and I went in to talk to the owner the other day. He told me they'll hire seasonal help in November, so I left a resume and such with him...It's kinda sad that it'd only be for a month and a half or so, but it'd be fun, and I'd much rather do that than work at pretty much anywhere else. I told the guy I'd do anything from window displays to teaching classes and he seemed impressed. We'll see.
Ok I guess I'm out of things to say so...bye!