Monday, December 05, 2005
Yay for blogging from creative writing because I'm being too lazy to work on physics.
So...stuff I haven't written about yet:
Our first concert of the year was Thursday. I got to miss creative writing and work with Taylor on music because she found out last minute that she was playing with us, so that was fun. We came early to the concert and did some more last minute rehersing. I was really nervous before the concert because I had some solos. We walked onto the stage and I was supposed to do the "sit down" motion thing because we all walk out and stay standing until everyone is ready...and there was a stand right where Mr. Rowe directs and I was afraid to move it because I thought we'd look all formal on the stage but then I looked around and everyone was talking so I just moved it anyway lol. Then Mr. Rowe shouted "HUSH" really loud from back stage and the audience heard him so they got quiet but it kinda had a reverse effect on us because we started laughing. Then I went to do the "sit down" thing and kinda tripped lol but I didn't fall so it was ok. The first song wasn't great but it didn't totally die. The second song was the one I had most of my solos in, and it actually went pretty well. It made me happy. I found out later that someones cell phone rang on stage (like, a band kid's...not even an audience person's phone) and played beach music. I didn't hear it though, and I'm glad because that would've distracted me. So things went pretty well until the end of last song, when the woodwinds sped up while the brass had a rest and then when they came in half followed the woodwinds and half followed Mr. Rowe. Oh well. Rachel, Anna, and Sheller came to watch, and we went out for ice cream afterwards. Anna and Sheller didn't know how to get to Baskin Robins so I was going to ride with Anna to direct her and Rachel would drive herself but then I was like "aww but then Rachel is all alone!" so I was just going to tell Anna how to get there...but I was kidding and said "Sheller you ride with Rachel" and Anna was like "Yeah!" so he did haha. Then Rache kept messing with her lights right in front of us to try to confuse us and it was hillarious. So we had some yummy ice cream, I got to give Sheller his 6 lb bag of gummi bears, and then we went home...and Rachel took me...and we thought we were ahead of Anna and Sheller but they got out of the parking lot a different way and ended up in front of us, but we didn't know it was them because it was dark...and so this "random car" in front of us wouldn't let Rachel change lanes without getting in front of her and wouldn't let us pass and we just thought it was some random crazy driver and then they started to try to race us and Rache and I were like "uhh...what?" Then the car's lights changed around like Rachel had done earlier and Rache was like "it IS Anna!" but then we were dumb and forgot that she had to take Sheller home, so when she turned towards Apex we decided it wasn't her. But it was lol. That was an adventure!
I still have 17 min and nothing to do so I'm going to ramble.
On Saturday, Steven and I went out for dinner (yes I know that sounds really weird haha) and then sold Christmas trees at church. We forgot about the parade though, so we got there late because of traffic and it was kinda chaotic but that's okay. Then it rained and we only had 2 customers, one of which had already bought the tree and just needed to pick it up. So we just hung out with Mr. Tigner and stared at the fire, and then we got to leave early. I went to Hannah P's house for a while because she had a potluck thing after the parade. There were a lot of marching band kids there so I thought it was going to be awkward, but then everyone was nice so it was fine. Sunday at youth we watched the Simpsons haha but it was an old Christmas episode so it wasn't the usual Simpsons humor. After youth, we had the ASP meeting! I'm excited about ASP already and it's not until July. We're going to West Virginia this year and we're staying in a big center-100 people instead of the usual 77. We might even combine with another church group if we can't fill all the spots, which is what most ASP centers do all the time, we've just got a lot of volunteers at our church.
I wrote a song for the Reflections contest...well I wrote it randomly and then decided to enter it. It's due Friday and I just found out that I have to have a live recording instead of just the computer generated sounds, so I'm going to talk to Mr. Rowe about borrowing a few Wind Ensamble people hopefully Wednesday. It's a good thing I don't have to play the music lol, just write it, because I wrote for a lot of instruments that I can't play.
My dad's birthday is today and mine is a week from today. It doesn't seem like it should be here already.
Ok only 5 more minutes so I guess I'll post this...bye!
So...stuff I haven't written about yet:
Our first concert of the year was Thursday. I got to miss creative writing and work with Taylor on music because she found out last minute that she was playing with us, so that was fun. We came early to the concert and did some more last minute rehersing. I was really nervous before the concert because I had some solos. We walked onto the stage and I was supposed to do the "sit down" motion thing because we all walk out and stay standing until everyone is ready...and there was a stand right where Mr. Rowe directs and I was afraid to move it because I thought we'd look all formal on the stage but then I looked around and everyone was talking so I just moved it anyway lol. Then Mr. Rowe shouted "HUSH" really loud from back stage and the audience heard him so they got quiet but it kinda had a reverse effect on us because we started laughing. Then I went to do the "sit down" thing and kinda tripped lol but I didn't fall so it was ok. The first song wasn't great but it didn't totally die. The second song was the one I had most of my solos in, and it actually went pretty well. It made me happy. I found out later that someones cell phone rang on stage (like, a band kid's...not even an audience person's phone) and played beach music. I didn't hear it though, and I'm glad because that would've distracted me. So things went pretty well until the end of last song, when the woodwinds sped up while the brass had a rest and then when they came in half followed the woodwinds and half followed Mr. Rowe. Oh well. Rachel, Anna, and Sheller came to watch, and we went out for ice cream afterwards. Anna and Sheller didn't know how to get to Baskin Robins so I was going to ride with Anna to direct her and Rachel would drive herself but then I was like "aww but then Rachel is all alone!" so I was just going to tell Anna how to get there...but I was kidding and said "Sheller you ride with Rachel" and Anna was like "Yeah!" so he did haha. Then Rache kept messing with her lights right in front of us to try to confuse us and it was hillarious. So we had some yummy ice cream, I got to give Sheller his 6 lb bag of gummi bears, and then we went home...and Rachel took me...and we thought we were ahead of Anna and Sheller but they got out of the parking lot a different way and ended up in front of us, but we didn't know it was them because it was dark...and so this "random car" in front of us wouldn't let Rachel change lanes without getting in front of her and wouldn't let us pass and we just thought it was some random crazy driver and then they started to try to race us and Rache and I were like "uhh...what?" Then the car's lights changed around like Rachel had done earlier and Rache was like "it IS Anna!" but then we were dumb and forgot that she had to take Sheller home, so when she turned towards Apex we decided it wasn't her. But it was lol. That was an adventure!
I still have 17 min and nothing to do so I'm going to ramble.
On Saturday, Steven and I went out for dinner (yes I know that sounds really weird haha) and then sold Christmas trees at church. We forgot about the parade though, so we got there late because of traffic and it was kinda chaotic but that's okay. Then it rained and we only had 2 customers, one of which had already bought the tree and just needed to pick it up. So we just hung out with Mr. Tigner and stared at the fire, and then we got to leave early. I went to Hannah P's house for a while because she had a potluck thing after the parade. There were a lot of marching band kids there so I thought it was going to be awkward, but then everyone was nice so it was fine. Sunday at youth we watched the Simpsons haha but it was an old Christmas episode so it wasn't the usual Simpsons humor. After youth, we had the ASP meeting! I'm excited about ASP already and it's not until July. We're going to West Virginia this year and we're staying in a big center-100 people instead of the usual 77. We might even combine with another church group if we can't fill all the spots, which is what most ASP centers do all the time, we've just got a lot of volunteers at our church.
I wrote a song for the Reflections contest...well I wrote it randomly and then decided to enter it. It's due Friday and I just found out that I have to have a live recording instead of just the computer generated sounds, so I'm going to talk to Mr. Rowe about borrowing a few Wind Ensamble people hopefully Wednesday. It's a good thing I don't have to play the music lol, just write it, because I wrote for a lot of instruments that I can't play.
My dad's birthday is today and mine is a week from today. It doesn't seem like it should be here already.
Ok only 5 more minutes so I guess I'll post this...bye!