Monday, January 02, 2006
Stolen from Marc..did this last year too
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? went out of the country
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I honestly do not remember what my resolutions were for last year and I didn't blog them so I have no idea haha. It was probably soemthing about scholarships, but I've only heard from one of those so far. This year it's to make some close friends that actually want to hang out with me, to explore my faith more in depth, including more Bible reading, and to figure out where I'm going to college and enjoy it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? nope
4. Did anyone close to you die? nope
5. What countries did you visit? Bahamas
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? the feeling that friends actually want to spend time with me
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 31...I discovered I had fewer people to lean on than I expected and I lost my feeling of security.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I really wanted a big scholarship, and I got one. I just don't know if I want to go to the school that's offering it yet.
9. What was your biggest failure? False sense of security
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? nothing major
11. What was the best thing you bought? Uhhh I guess I'll say my prom dress because I had fun shopping for it
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Sheller because he let me rant to him all the time and listened when I needed someone more than anyone else this year...all the Broughton people because they're so accepting and make me smile...Hannah P. because she was incredibly supportive and a genuine friend
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed? Depressed...Corey and Liz at the end of this year but I'm not blaming either of you so no getting mad, I'm just remembering how I felt when it happened. Umm...Ms. Bate and a few of the kids in creative writing...those are the main ones I guess
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? ASP-I cannot wait to go back because it was so great this year. The beach with Corey and his family this summer...the end of marching season lol but then that didn't work out like I thought it would...umm...parties where I got to see Broughton people
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? If we are the Body-Casting Crowns and Losing Grip-Avril Lavigne
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder: sadder
Older or wiser: both
Thinner or fatter: probably about the same
Richer or poorer: about the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? spent more time with Broughton kids
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? feeling lonely
20. How will you be spending Christmas? spent it at home freaking out because a squirel got caught in the wall
21. How will you be spending New Years Eve? I did some party hopping...I got 3 invites but one was last minute (my fault) so I already had plans to go to the first two...went to Lynch's for a while and then to Steven's. Both pretty small but I got to see Erin and Jo for the first time in ages
22. Did you fall in love in 2005? I'd already fallen
23. How many one-night stands? none
24. What was your favorite TV program? Everwood
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I try not to hate anyone
26. What was the best book you read? Harry Potter #6! It still makes me cry and I've read it like 5 times.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? that I can play first part clarinet without totally dying, and that I really like solos
28. What did you want and get? scholarship
29. What did you want and not get? a good friend to go to college with...this year was a bad year for friends
30. What was your favorite film(s) of this year? HP #4
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 18. I had a party a few days before and I had a lot of fun. On my actual birthday though, I was kinda upset because no one at school remembered. It's a little dissapointing to know that two friends that I haven't spoken to in years, one of whom lives in India, remembered and sent me emails, but only like 2 of my friends that I see every day remembered.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? better relationships with my friends
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? jeans + dressyish tops
34. What kept you sane? Corey for most of the year, Sheller, Hannah P
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you admire the most? I like my answer from last year...Not Bush.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The years are running together lol...I guess this isn't exactly political, but the aftermath of Katrina had a lot of politics involved...but I mostly felt bad for the families affected. Oh and I don't like that it feels like everyone has forgotten about the Tsunamis from last December because those people still need a lot of help too.
37. Who did (do) you miss? Mahitha...Corey...Anna...
38. Who were the best new person/people you met? Lauren and Hannah P, though I already knew her, just not as well.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: Don't depend on a secure feeling because there's a huge chance that it's not real
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: This is hard because the beggining of the year was great. Things just fell apart at the end of the summer. So this might not exactly sum it up but it's what I'm trying to mold myself to be like. It's from Godspell
"You are the light of the world!
You are the light of the world!
But if that light is under a bushel,
Brrr, it's lost something kind of crucial
You got to stay bright to be the light of the world
You are the salt of the earth
You are the salt of the earth
But if that salt has lost its flavor
It ain't got much in its favor
You can't have that fault and be the salt of the earth!
So let your light so shine before men
Let your light so shine
So that they might know some kindness again
We all need help to feel fine (let's have some wine!)"
well except for that last part lol
I know this whole thing sounds bitter about friendships...so I'm just going to clarify so that no one gets mad or anything...none of my friends have done anything wrong to me or anything like that. I just feel like I've lost touch with most of them, and of the few that I try to cling on to, I feel like I don't fit anymore. A lot of times I get the impression that people wish I wasn't there. I've kinda pushed myself into a few groups of friends and I feel like I invite myself along with them a lot and I don't like doing that but I don't want to lose them either. I really ought to have learned my lesson on that by now, especially after I was miserable with marching band, which I only did because I was afraid of losing friends if i didn't, but I think if I don't hint that I want to do something with people all the time, I'm going to end up sitting alone at my house until college. I was really dreading college for a long time but now it's actually looking better in comparison to staying here. I was worried about going away from my friends, but maybe some new friends would be a good thing for me right now. Wesleyan is starting to look better and better-my own room, a small school where I could get to know people quickly, but not too far from State and UNC-CH, for those couple of people that might actually keep in touch with me and want to see me sometimes. I feel bitter. Maybe it's all the salt I've had lately.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before? went out of the country
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I honestly do not remember what my resolutions were for last year and I didn't blog them so I have no idea haha. It was probably soemthing about scholarships, but I've only heard from one of those so far. This year it's to make some close friends that actually want to hang out with me, to explore my faith more in depth, including more Bible reading, and to figure out where I'm going to college and enjoy it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? nope
4. Did anyone close to you die? nope
5. What countries did you visit? Bahamas
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? the feeling that friends actually want to spend time with me
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? October 31...I discovered I had fewer people to lean on than I expected and I lost my feeling of security.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? I really wanted a big scholarship, and I got one. I just don't know if I want to go to the school that's offering it yet.
9. What was your biggest failure? False sense of security
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? nothing major
11. What was the best thing you bought? Uhhh I guess I'll say my prom dress because I had fun shopping for it
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Sheller because he let me rant to him all the time and listened when I needed someone more than anyone else this year...all the Broughton people because they're so accepting and make me smile...Hannah P. because she was incredibly supportive and a genuine friend
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and/or depressed? Depressed...Corey and Liz at the end of this year but I'm not blaming either of you so no getting mad, I'm just remembering how I felt when it happened. Umm...Ms. Bate and a few of the kids in creative writing...those are the main ones I guess
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? ASP-I cannot wait to go back because it was so great this year. The beach with Corey and his family this summer...the end of marching season lol but then that didn't work out like I thought it would...umm...parties where I got to see Broughton people
16. What song will always remind you of 2005? If we are the Body-Casting Crowns and Losing Grip-Avril Lavigne
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder: sadder
Older or wiser: both
Thinner or fatter: probably about the same
Richer or poorer: about the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of? spent more time with Broughton kids
19. What do you wish you'd done less of? feeling lonely
20. How will you be spending Christmas? spent it at home freaking out because a squirel got caught in the wall
21. How will you be spending New Years Eve? I did some party hopping...I got 3 invites but one was last minute (my fault) so I already had plans to go to the first two...went to Lynch's for a while and then to Steven's. Both pretty small but I got to see Erin and Jo for the first time in ages
22. Did you fall in love in 2005? I'd already fallen
23. How many one-night stands? none
24. What was your favorite TV program? Everwood
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I try not to hate anyone
26. What was the best book you read? Harry Potter #6! It still makes me cry and I've read it like 5 times.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery? that I can play first part clarinet without totally dying, and that I really like solos
28. What did you want and get? scholarship
29. What did you want and not get? a good friend to go to college with...this year was a bad year for friends
30. What was your favorite film(s) of this year? HP #4
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? 18. I had a party a few days before and I had a lot of fun. On my actual birthday though, I was kinda upset because no one at school remembered. It's a little dissapointing to know that two friends that I haven't spoken to in years, one of whom lives in India, remembered and sent me emails, but only like 2 of my friends that I see every day remembered.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? better relationships with my friends
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005? jeans + dressyish tops
34. What kept you sane? Corey for most of the year, Sheller, Hannah P
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you admire the most? I like my answer from last year...Not Bush.
36. What political issue stirred you the most? The years are running together lol...I guess this isn't exactly political, but the aftermath of Katrina had a lot of politics involved...but I mostly felt bad for the families affected. Oh and I don't like that it feels like everyone has forgotten about the Tsunamis from last December because those people still need a lot of help too.
37. Who did (do) you miss? Mahitha...Corey...Anna...
38. Who were the best new person/people you met? Lauren and Hannah P, though I already knew her, just not as well.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005: Don't depend on a secure feeling because there's a huge chance that it's not real
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year: This is hard because the beggining of the year was great. Things just fell apart at the end of the summer. So this might not exactly sum it up but it's what I'm trying to mold myself to be like. It's from Godspell
"You are the light of the world!
You are the light of the world!
But if that light is under a bushel,
Brrr, it's lost something kind of crucial
You got to stay bright to be the light of the world
You are the salt of the earth
You are the salt of the earth
But if that salt has lost its flavor
It ain't got much in its favor
You can't have that fault and be the salt of the earth!
So let your light so shine before men
Let your light so shine
So that they might know some kindness again
We all need help to feel fine (let's have some wine!)"
well except for that last part lol
I know this whole thing sounds bitter about friendships...so I'm just going to clarify so that no one gets mad or anything...none of my friends have done anything wrong to me or anything like that. I just feel like I've lost touch with most of them, and of the few that I try to cling on to, I feel like I don't fit anymore. A lot of times I get the impression that people wish I wasn't there. I've kinda pushed myself into a few groups of friends and I feel like I invite myself along with them a lot and I don't like doing that but I don't want to lose them either. I really ought to have learned my lesson on that by now, especially after I was miserable with marching band, which I only did because I was afraid of losing friends if i didn't, but I think if I don't hint that I want to do something with people all the time, I'm going to end up sitting alone at my house until college. I was really dreading college for a long time but now it's actually looking better in comparison to staying here. I was worried about going away from my friends, but maybe some new friends would be a good thing for me right now. Wesleyan is starting to look better and better-my own room, a small school where I could get to know people quickly, but not too far from State and UNC-CH, for those couple of people that might actually keep in touch with me and want to see me sometimes. I feel bitter. Maybe it's all the salt I've had lately.