<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, January 09, 2006

This is my really random bizzare beatles story for creative writing. Song titles are in italics just so you can see how I overused them on purpose because I decided I didn't care about writing a good story; I just wanted to make it random and strange. So no comments on the writing itself sucking because I know it does and that's kinda the point lol. I know not all the titles exactly fit the sentences but too bad. I guess you can kinda say it's based on a true story...sortof haha...I miss 10th grade creative writing. Anyway, enjoy!

A Day in the Life
One day, after lunch, three students walked out of the courtyard at Apex High School on their way to third period. They were all sophomore girls, but were very different from each other, though they were close friends. Rachel was the tallest of the three, with shoulder length red hair and glasses. Jane was average height with very long brown hair. Katie was the shortest of the three, and she also had long brown hair. Katie had a dark secret and her greatest fear was that someone would find out the truth about her life.
As the girls walked, Jane checked her watch.
“We’re going to be late,” she commented, but she didn’t sound worried.
“Me too,” said a voice behind her. It was Ken, another student in the girl’s third period class. “We’d better come up with a good story.”
They all smiled at that. Their teacher had a fun rule for tardiness. If a student was late to class, he would not count the student tardy as long as long as he or she could tell a good story to explain. Sometimes kids even came late to class on purpose just so they could stand before the class and tell tall tales and wild adventures of battling hallway monsters and aliens from the school dumpsters.
All four kids were thinking their own thoughts about a possible story to tell when Katie suddenly noticed something. She stopped and smiled, staring at the brick wall. Across several bricks, a message had been scratched: “All you need is love.
Katie pointed out the message to the others. All were Beatles fans and thus very amused. Rachel began to sing the familiar song and the others joined in.
“There’s nothing you can do that can’t be done.
Nothing you can sing that can’t be sung.
Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game.
It’s easy.
Nothing you can make that can’t be made.
No one you can save that can’t be saved.
Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time.
It’s easy.
All you need is love.
All you need is love.
All you need is love, love.
Love is all you need.
All you need is love.
All you need is love.
All you need is love, love.
Love is all you need.”
There was a blinding flash of light a few feet in front of them. They blinked several times to focus, then blinked again, amazed at the sight before them.
There stood the Beatles. All of them, looking perfectly alive and well.
Hey, hey, hey, hey! That sounded pretty good!” shouted Paul.
“Groovy,” agreed Ringo. “How would you like to come with us, down the long and winding road across the universe?”
Rachel, Jane, Katie, and Ken were shocked.
“I-I just don’t understand!” cried Ken. “How are you here? How do you do it? Why did you come?”
“Don’t ask me why,” replied John. “I can’t tell you every little thing.”
Katie began to protest, but George interrupted.
Let it be,” he told her. “Come on, let’s go! John, you can drive my car.”
Still stunned, but not wanting to give up the once in a lifetime opportunity of hanging out with the Beatles, Rachel, Jane, Katie, and Ken followed as George led them to the parking lot.
Rachel leaned close to Jane and whispered in her ear. “I’ve just seen a face…several faces…of three people who are supposed to be dead.”
John unlocked a blue suburban. “Everyone got their ticket to ride?” he asked. Seeing their confused faces, he laughed. “Only joking. Hop in!”
They climbed into the car, buckled their seatbelts, and sat quietly, unsure what would happen next. John smiled at them, cranked up the car, and pushed a small orange button on the dashboard. Immediately, everyone was thrown backwards as the car shot off like a rocket and flew into outer space.
“Look!” cried Katie. “Here comes the sun!
Rachel was staring out of her window. “What ARE those things?” she asked as they passed hundreds of glimmering rocks.
“Diamonds,” answered Ringo.
John turned the steering wheel and parked the car on a huge diamond. On the diamond was a house made of Norwegian wood. “Let’s go see Lucy,” he said. He got out of the car and they followed.
A woman came out of the house and stood on the porch to welcome them.
Hey, Jude!” called George. “We just stopped by to say hi to Lucy.”
“Oh, I’m afraid she’s not here right now. She’s in the sky with dizzy miss Lizzy and lady Madonna, looking at the diamonds, checking to see how much of a profit we’ll be able to make farming them this year. You know, I thought she was the fool on the hill when she first told me her idea for a diamond farm in the sky, but I must say we’ve done quite well! Of course, there’s the occasional night when I get lonesome tears in my eyes, but I always say ob-la-di, ob-la-da, you know. Life goes on. It’s been much better since I joined Sgt. Pepper’s lonely hearts club band, anyway.”
“Glad to hear it,” said Ringo. “Well, I don’t want to spoil the party, but I’d like you to meet some friends of ours. Come together, kids, so you can meet Jude. She’s an old friend.”
“Hi,” said Jane, timidly. She introduced herself and the others in turn.
“Would you like to step inside, loves?” asked Jude. “I’ve just made some wild honey pie.”
“Sure,” said John, and he led the way into the house.
While all but Katie, who was allergic to honey, ate their snack, Jude brought out a box to show them. Suddenly, Rachel felt uneasy. “I’ve got a feeling I don’t want to know what’s in there,” she whispered to Katie, who nodded.
“This is Maxwell’s silver hammer,” announced Jude, pulling it from the box, her eyes suddenly flashing and filled with madness. “I borrowed it from him for just such an occasion.” She grinned maliciously.
The others exchanged panicked looks.
Hey, Jude, don’t do this,” pleaded George.
“Wait! We can work it out!” cried Ken.
“No!” shouted Jude. “With a little help from my friend, maybe we could’ve, but when I’m sixty-four and have no friends, I’ll feel better knowing I killed you all! Young blood is sweet!” She raised the hammer.
They ran out of the house, terrified. Not thinking clearly enough in their moment of panic, the kids, who were leading the pack, stepped off of the edge of the diamond and fell back across the universe and plunged into the ocean. “Help!” the screamed as they fell.
Luckily, a yellow submarine happened to be passing at that exact moment. Ken, Rachel, and Jane landed in the entrance chamber and went inside.
“Where’s Katie?” asked Ken, looking worried.
A man behind them answered, “If you mean the little brunette, she came in through the bathroom window. I saw her when I was fixing a hole.”
“Oh thank goodness!” exclaimed Jane as Katie came into the room.
“Who are you?” Katie asked the man.
“I’m the nowhere man,” he replied.
“But surely we’re not…nowhere?” asked Rachel worriedly.
“Of course not,” he said. “They just call me that because eight days a week I’ll follow the sun where ever it leads me. Right now we’re in an octopus’ garden.”
“Can you get us home?” asked Jane. “We live in Apex, North Carolina.”
“Sure,” said the nowhere man. “I passed by the Carolina shores just yesterday, but when a shadow suddenly came over me, I knew I was in the octopus’ garden in the shade.” He turned the wheel so that the sub began to move in the opposite direction.
Katie was beginning to feel very hungry, and the feeling made her nervous. She had forgotten her lunch money, and since she hadn’t had any wild honey pie, her stomach was rumbling. Her secret was pushing out from its tiny hidden place at the back of her brain, threatening to overcome her.
While the others chatted about their adventure with the Beatles, Katie paced back and forth nervously. Her stomach growled and she began to feel desperate and afraid. Suddenly she snapped. Katie dashed across the room, her eyes flashing, teeth growing long and pointy, and she bit Rachel’s neck and began to suck her blood.
Rachel screamed. The talking ceased instantly. Everyone sat, shocked and rigid, watching. Finally, Katie drew away from Rachel. Everyone stared at her.
Run for your life!” screamed the nowhere man. The others ignored him and continued to watch Katie.
“Umm…do you want to know a secret?” Katie asked, ashamed. The others nodded, ignoring the nowhere man cowering beside them. “I’m a vampire,” announced Katie. “Most of the time I try to act naturally so that people won’t suspect me, but sometimes I just have an attack and all I’ve got to do is suck someone’s blood.
Just then, Rachel caused a distraction by falling out of her chair.
“She’s fainted!” cried Jane.
Rachel began to shake, rattle, and roll.
“She’s having a seizure!” exclaimed Ken.
“No, just shock,” said Katie. She covered her with a blanket. Rachel was still very pale, but stopped shaking.
“Well, we’re almost back to North Carolina,” said the nowhere man. “Then I can send you back to school with my magical mystery tour machine. It’s kind of like a teleportation machine, but it only works on land.”
Rachel’s eyelids fluttered.
“How’re you feeling?” Ken asked her.
Getting better,” she answered.
“Rachel, I’m sorry!” cried Katie. “I should have known better!”
“It’s okay,” said Rachel. “Everybody’s got something to hide except for me and my monkey.” Her eyelids closed again.
They all glanced at each other, confused.
“Umm, I think maybe she still needs to rest for a while,” said Ken, amused.
“Here we are!” announced the nowhere man. “Back in North Carolina!”
“Yay!” said Jane.
“You all just need to touch this screen and then it will teleport you to the exact time and place you were before the Beatles took you away.” The nowhere man typed something into his computer. “It was nice to meet you all.”
“Thanks so much for helping us,” said Katie.
Any time at all,” replied the nowhere man. “Goodbye.”
Rachel’s eyes opened and she managed to mumble, “Hello…goodbye.”
The nowhere man pressed a button and colors began to swirl around them. In an instant, the four teenagers found themselves back at Apex High School.
“We’d better get to class,” said Jane. The others nodded. Ken picked up Rachel to carry her because she was still too weak to walk. “I feel fine,” she said impatiently, but the others knew that she was not yet fully recovered.
They walked down to the trailers and up the ramp. Before they entered, they glanced at each other one last time. Then Jane led the way into the classroom.
“You’re late,” commented the teacher. “I hope you have a good story.”
They all smiled at that, and took turns explaining their adventure. Katie didn’t talk much because she was used to odd things happening to her. After all, this was only a day in the life of a vampire.

Come on, you know you want to comment on that!!!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?