Friday, January 20, 2006
That made me smile...and yeah I know an avacado is a fruit but it's the first thing I thought of so too bad :P
Ok so what haven't I updated about...I went out for breakfast with Corey, Liz, and Melissa during 2nd period on review day because none of us had to be there that period...then I hung out in the band room during 3rd period and lunch, and then I -gasp- went to band! Lol so that was a nice, easy day. Ms. Bate counted me absent from creative writing though...grr...Anyone know what we're supposed to do about that for review day as far as sending in a note? I refuse to have an unexcused absense so maybe I uhhh randomly got sick but only missed 2nd period because my other teachers didn't count me absent.
I didn't have to take any exams so I had the rest of the week off. I went to Rocky Mount on Wednesday and explored the town...It's going to suck to not have a car there because there isn't much within walking distance, but there is a tiny shopping center with a chinese resturant and a grocery store just across the street, so it's better than nothing. It's amazing how big a school with only like 750 kids looks compared to Apex. I found out that a lot of kids go home every weekend, which kinda sucks, but if I went home I probably wouldn't have anything to do anyway, so I'm hoping a lot of the Habitat for Humanity projects will take up my weekend time. Oh and I also found out I can't have my own room as a freshman, but oh well. So the trip made me a little more nervous, but I'm still kinda glad to be getting out of here soon.
Thursday was my appointment with Lee, which went really well. I found out that the main thing churches like in youth ministers is a masters degree, but that the bachelors degree can be completely unrelated. So I think I'm going to go on with my plans to get a bachelors degree in math, then decide if I want to go through the teaching certification process, go on to get a masters in youth ministry, or both so that I can change later if I decide to. He also made me feel better about my lack of knowlege of the bible by saying that the most important knowlege in youth ministry is learning by experiance with the kids. There's some kind of youth ministry event thingie at White Plains (a methodist church in Cary) in April that he said I could go to with the youth leaders at my church, just as an observer, to get a greater feel for what youth ministry is really like, and I'd really like that.
After my appointment, mom and I did some errands and such, and then I went to get my permit! Yay! I even passed the eye test without my glasses on, which I was really surprised by, but I guessed a LOT on the vision test so I guess I guessed well lol, and the lady was like "ehhhhhh barely...but ok." The computer test went pretty well and the signs test was really easy, so I got my permit. Dad said we could go driving tomorrow if it doesn't rain, because we can go somewhere other than the senior parking lot now that I'm legal lol.
That evening, Hannah P. came over for a sleepover to celebrate the end of first semester and thus the end of her time with her evil math teacher. We rented House of Wax, which was really bizzzare. I thought we were getting a different movie lol-I mixed up that title with another one-and it was a lot more gory and weird than we expected, so we ended up turning it off, watching some Harry Potter (hehe Hannah P, Harry Potter, HP! that amuses me), and then talked so much that we turned that off too and just talked for a long time, which was really fun. She's one of my only friends that I can still have totally random conversations with that never end and make me laugh until I cry. As much as I miss it with everyone else, it's nice to know that I've got her as a great friend.
This afternoon I went to a broughton gathering at the park near broughton...It was a soccer gathering but I didn't play...Hannah T and I spent a lot of the time, as we put it, "wallowing," so it wasn't exactly a great afternoon. Depressing. But then Matt took us out for ice cream, which was nice, and I got to giggle when we saw Hannah T's 8th grade boyfriend that Anna and I spied on a few years ago haha. I went to see Triston and Isolde (sp?) tonight with Elizabeth and Lisa. It was a good movie, and we amused ourselves by counting the lack of guys in the theater. It was packed, and there were like 8 guys hahaha. Oh and I found out that Lisa isn't going to be in my band class this semester afterall, which is really weird. Mr. Rowe said she was going to because of a scheduling problem (she's normally in wind ensamble) and he was even going off about how we'd need to do chair tests again because we're losing two people and gaining her, but Lisa never even knew that he thought that. I'm wondering if he just said the wrong name every day, because that's a very Mr. Rowe-like thing to do, but it's kind of strange anyway.
Sleep...