Sunday, February 05, 2006
Hurray for updating instead of watching the Superbowl haha
I'm trying to remember what's happened at school lately...German alternates between me being too sleepy to follow a coversation, me not understanding what's happening because it's not in English lol, occasionally being amused by answers to the questions we do on the overhead (Weshalb had dein Auto abgebrochen? Mein Auto ist so alt wie deine Mutter! ~Hannah P's group. Warum hat der Verbrecher das kleine Kind gepackt? Er heiss Michael Jackson! I forget which group did that one), and talking with Brittany while we're supposed to be working, so at least that part is fun. Stat...We had our first test and I thought I did really well on it but apparently I'm retarded and made a bunch of really stupid mistakes on questions that I knew how to do, but I still ended up with a 92 on the test so it's not the end of the world. Tech theater is much fun, especially now that we've started painting. Ashley and I are in charge of painting Broadway, and I think it's going to turn out pretty cool. We should finish that in a few days and then I'm assuming we'll help the costume crew because they have a huge job. Band...bleh I'm 3rd chair, which means either 2nd or 3rd part depending who comes to help our class from wind ensamble...2nd for now though because I told Mr. Rowe I'd rather start hard and have to step down to the easier part than play easy for a while and have to move up...and because I'd rather play 2nd part than 3rd hehe.
Oh excitingish thing happened Tuesday...we were in 4th period, about to go to PAWS to get report cards, and then the fire alarm went off. We were all laughing, thinking someone pulled the alarm to get out of getting their report card, and so we just hung out in front of the school and talked and such. Then the fire trucks came, of course, like they have to whenever a fire alarm goes off...so we didn't think too much about it, still thinking someone had just pulled the alarm...and then they got the hoses out. Finally they let us back inside and told us to just get our stuff and go home, no reportcards, and we were dismissed a few minutes early. It turns out that some kids lit a paper towel dispenser on fire in the boys bathroom. They were caught and the school system is pressing charges...and it's a felony...I dunno who it was but it amazes me that someone would risk being charged with a felony just to light some paper towels at school on fire.
I finished driver's ed...went ok...I cannot stay in the middle of my lane...but I'm really good at 2 point and 3 point turns lol. I'm also better at right turns than left turns and I'm better at continuous turns than turns where you have to stop at the corner. Mr. Leary says I'm backwards from pretty much everyone he's had in the car before lol. Oh and that I'm one of few he's had to tell "speed up!"
Robert, my friend that lives in Texas, came up this weekend. We hung out for a while yesterday, Saturday, which was fun. He showed me some awesome DVDs of him playing his sax (and a soprano sax omg it's really cool and we need one at Apex! Especially since it's nicknamed the Golden Clarinet and that just makes it even more awesome). We went bowling and randomly ran into his cousin. Oh and I proved to him that bumpers are awesome haha. He's coming up again in around a month (he's considering going to North Carolina School of the Arts) so I'll hopefully be able to see him again then.
Last night was Queen of Hearts, the Broughton dance. Brian picked Hannah and me up and we went crazy trying to find IDs-I left mine at home, Hannah left her's at the bank and it was closed and her wallet with her permit in it was stolen, so she had to bring her passport and we went back to my house for me to grab my student ID. Then we went to Michael Deans and met up with some other Broughton people for dinner. We had the coolest waiter ever. He's half Russian, half Italian, and his parents lived in Ireland for a while so his first name is Irish. He was short but cute and there was definitly some flirting going on between some of the girls and him haha. So dinner was yummy...then we went to the dance, which was cool. I love Broughton lol. Even their decorations are awesome and their gym is two stories and they had a live band and they played a lot of really good songs and it ruled. Oh and they played the "She thinks my tractor's sexy" song and I decided it should be the Apex High theme song lol. After the dance we went midnight bowling...bowling in prom dresses and tuxes is fun hehe...especially when all the girls are worried about breaking nails. It was amusing. And then the not-so-fun part of the evening happened-Brian and I came to the mutual decision that we as a couple do not work. We'd both been thinking it for a while, and I know he planned on ending it today, and I was trying to figure out a day to do it because first it was his birthday, then it was almost QOH, then I didn't want to do it right after QOH and make it look like I only stuck with it because of the dance, and then it would be almost Valentines day and I was just stuck...so when I found out he wanted the same thing, I just decided to get it over with. He's a really sweet guy, but we're just not a good match for eachother. So...I asked Marc to take me home so that Brian wouldn't have to, and he and I got to sing Beatles music in the Mini again, much fun...Got home a little after 3 AM because he had to take other people that live far away home lol, so I got to bed around 4, and slept til around 1 when my parents woke me up. Then I spent the day doing homework and scholarship stuff and now it's bedtime so I have to go lol. Gnight!
I'm trying to remember what's happened at school lately...German alternates between me being too sleepy to follow a coversation, me not understanding what's happening because it's not in English lol, occasionally being amused by answers to the questions we do on the overhead (Weshalb had dein Auto abgebrochen? Mein Auto ist so alt wie deine Mutter! ~Hannah P's group. Warum hat der Verbrecher das kleine Kind gepackt? Er heiss Michael Jackson! I forget which group did that one), and talking with Brittany while we're supposed to be working, so at least that part is fun. Stat...We had our first test and I thought I did really well on it but apparently I'm retarded and made a bunch of really stupid mistakes on questions that I knew how to do, but I still ended up with a 92 on the test so it's not the end of the world. Tech theater is much fun, especially now that we've started painting. Ashley and I are in charge of painting Broadway, and I think it's going to turn out pretty cool. We should finish that in a few days and then I'm assuming we'll help the costume crew because they have a huge job. Band...bleh I'm 3rd chair, which means either 2nd or 3rd part depending who comes to help our class from wind ensamble...2nd for now though because I told Mr. Rowe I'd rather start hard and have to step down to the easier part than play easy for a while and have to move up...and because I'd rather play 2nd part than 3rd hehe.
Oh excitingish thing happened Tuesday...we were in 4th period, about to go to PAWS to get report cards, and then the fire alarm went off. We were all laughing, thinking someone pulled the alarm to get out of getting their report card, and so we just hung out in front of the school and talked and such. Then the fire trucks came, of course, like they have to whenever a fire alarm goes off...so we didn't think too much about it, still thinking someone had just pulled the alarm...and then they got the hoses out. Finally they let us back inside and told us to just get our stuff and go home, no reportcards, and we were dismissed a few minutes early. It turns out that some kids lit a paper towel dispenser on fire in the boys bathroom. They were caught and the school system is pressing charges...and it's a felony...I dunno who it was but it amazes me that someone would risk being charged with a felony just to light some paper towels at school on fire.
I finished driver's ed...went ok...I cannot stay in the middle of my lane...but I'm really good at 2 point and 3 point turns lol. I'm also better at right turns than left turns and I'm better at continuous turns than turns where you have to stop at the corner. Mr. Leary says I'm backwards from pretty much everyone he's had in the car before lol. Oh and that I'm one of few he's had to tell "speed up!"
Robert, my friend that lives in Texas, came up this weekend. We hung out for a while yesterday, Saturday, which was fun. He showed me some awesome DVDs of him playing his sax (and a soprano sax omg it's really cool and we need one at Apex! Especially since it's nicknamed the Golden Clarinet and that just makes it even more awesome). We went bowling and randomly ran into his cousin. Oh and I proved to him that bumpers are awesome haha. He's coming up again in around a month (he's considering going to North Carolina School of the Arts) so I'll hopefully be able to see him again then.
Last night was Queen of Hearts, the Broughton dance. Brian picked Hannah and me up and we went crazy trying to find IDs-I left mine at home, Hannah left her's at the bank and it was closed and her wallet with her permit in it was stolen, so she had to bring her passport and we went back to my house for me to grab my student ID. Then we went to Michael Deans and met up with some other Broughton people for dinner. We had the coolest waiter ever. He's half Russian, half Italian, and his parents lived in Ireland for a while so his first name is Irish. He was short but cute and there was definitly some flirting going on between some of the girls and him haha. So dinner was yummy...then we went to the dance, which was cool. I love Broughton lol. Even their decorations are awesome and their gym is two stories and they had a live band and they played a lot of really good songs and it ruled. Oh and they played the "She thinks my tractor's sexy" song and I decided it should be the Apex High theme song lol. After the dance we went midnight bowling...bowling in prom dresses and tuxes is fun hehe...especially when all the girls are worried about breaking nails. It was amusing. And then the not-so-fun part of the evening happened-Brian and I came to the mutual decision that we as a couple do not work. We'd both been thinking it for a while, and I know he planned on ending it today, and I was trying to figure out a day to do it because first it was his birthday, then it was almost QOH, then I didn't want to do it right after QOH and make it look like I only stuck with it because of the dance, and then it would be almost Valentines day and I was just stuck...so when I found out he wanted the same thing, I just decided to get it over with. He's a really sweet guy, but we're just not a good match for eachother. So...I asked Marc to take me home so that Brian wouldn't have to, and he and I got to sing Beatles music in the Mini again, much fun...Got home a little after 3 AM because he had to take other people that live far away home lol, so I got to bed around 4, and slept til around 1 when my parents woke me up. Then I spent the day doing homework and scholarship stuff and now it's bedtime so I have to go lol. Gnight!