<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I basically spent all weekend doing scholarship applications and related things like powerpoints and essays. Bleh. I got a ton done though, which is happy. I'm waiting on one more reccomendation letter to get back to me, and then I'll be able to send in all but two of the scholarship applications, both of which aren't due until April. Whew. That's assuming my powerpoint works anyway; I'm testing it at my dad's office tomorrow after school. It better. I spent forever on that thing and I had to drag Anna and Sheller to help me do the technical part of burning music and a presentation onto the same CD and have them play together because it kept dying when I tried. And I was kinda sick all weekend too. So basically the only fun part of the weekend was youth. We hadn't met in a month because of holidays and trips and this senior adult dinner thing, so I was really glad I was able to go. We sang some of my favorite songs, did a random logic quiz thingie that my group won (a bunch of chips lol-we split them with everyone though; we think they just had some chips that they needed to get rid of before they went stale), and had to make a random invention out of a bag of random things like plates, cups, straws, and tape. There were all kinds of crazy things...from the "solar energy plant" my group ended up with (yeah we just kinda taped things together and decided that's what it looked like), to the group who made a machine that converts dog poop into English tea (omg GERMAN IS TAKING OVER MY BRAIN! I just typed tee), to the group that invented "the perfect boyfriend." That was adorable. They even named him and put a Schnappi T-shirt on him lol.
Yesterday was a pretty good day...still doing those rollercoaster emotions...So in tech theater this girl had a crick in her neck and I was like "ooo I'll fix it!" and I did and she gave me a hug and that made me smile a LOT because I made someone feel better. That seriously kept me in good mood for hours. How random is that?! I went to an AOSP meeting at church last night, where more good stuff happened. One of my favorite youth leaders talked to me about maybe tutoring his son for math, which is cool. I like tutoring; I kinda miss it this semester. Then I hung out with Melissa and her brother and we listened to Toby talk about AOSP. She asked who was volunteering to be an adult leader, and there were very few hands raised. Seriously like 6 people. And there are 2 adults per every 5 kids...and last year there were like 120 kids and we've added more churches this year. So Toby was all dissapointed and went off about how we wouldnt be able to do the project if more people don't volunteer...which got Melissa and I thinking...I'm 18...so I can legally be a leader. Barrett did is last year and I think he was only 19. So I talked to Toby and she said she would consider letting me be a leader if more adults don't sign up. I'm so excited. I would LOVE to be a leader on a mission project! I like to plan things and I'm good at teaching other people how to do things. I've taught a couple of people how to use power tools and it was really fun so omg I hope I get to be a leader lol. I want other adults to sign up too, of course, so that as many kids as possible can participate, but I would love for them to be one adult short and I could take the position.
Today...meh. Tech was fun...I mostly watched Jill play with a hot glue gun lol. Then I cleaned up the paint room, and oddly enough, I actually enjoyed it. I got to pull giant globs of congealed paint out of buckets and it was kinda cool lol. We had a concert tonight...meh...Mr. Rowe pulled us clarinets aside to complement us and tell us that we don't even need the wind ensamble kids and that we secured the "goodness" of one of the songs. So that was nice...but then I didn't get to see anyone afterwards, which was kinda sad, because we usually go out after concerts...and honestly I can't help but wonder if the others did. Yes I'm paranoid and it's probably stupid but oh well. I also found it a little odd that no one said good job except Mr. Rowe and a really nice saxaphone girl (Sam), not even my own parents, but w/e. They probably just forgot.
Bedtime...gnight!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?