<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, February 24, 2006

Post #250. That's excitingish I guess lol since I just happened to notice it.

Stuff that's happened in the last few days...I found a prom date :-) Marc and I are going to go together, as friends. I was worried about asking him at first b/c I didn't want to cause drama, but I checked it out first to be sure it wouldn't, so all is good. He randomly showed up at my house yesterday because he was out riding his bike near here, and the last time he did that I pouted at him for not visiting me when he practically passed by my house lol. So yay for not having to go prom-date-finding crazy anymore! The latest prom issue is dinner. I assumed pretty much everyone that went with us last year would come again this year, but apparently we're splitting up. So...I think it's down to Megan, James, Marc, and I for definites. I'm assuming Matt and Lauren will come with us but I haven't talked to either of them about it yet so I'll call them probablies. Last year I know Steven really didn't want to go with a group but I'm not sure if that'll change with such a small group, so he and Rachel are maybes as of now. Dena, Scotty, and Lynch aren't sure what they're doing yet so they're maybes too. I haven't talked to Zach and Laura yet but last year Zach didn't want to come with the group, and Anna and Sheller went with LRMS, so they're probably nots. Corey and Liz are most likely going with Karen and Mitchel's group so they're probably nots too. So we'll have a pretty small group, I expect, but oh well. At least there are four definites lol. If anyone else wants to come with us, let me know.

School stuff...German is still evil but I'm still doing well somehow. We had a Statistics double quiz on a unit we'd done an independent study on, and it was really easy and I thought I did really well...and we got our grades back today and I got the lowest grade I've gotten so far in that class. We didn't get to see the double quizes today though, so I don't know what I missed. I must've done something really stupid because it was all review from precalc that I think we even did in Alg. 2. So I'm mad at myself for that but oh well it didn't change my grade a whole lot. Lunch today was interesting...Let's just say we were a tiny bit worried about some people being too tipsy to drive/function afterwards. Not me of course...I'm the good one lol...but without a license I'm not much good in those situations. Tech Theater is still fun. We finished painting the set, and we spent Wednesday and Thursday spattering it...omg...never spatter if you can get away with it lol it's evil. My arm still really hurts. Basically, you put some paint on your brush, stand a few feet away from the wall you're spattering, and either slap the paintbrush against your other arm to make paint fling off onto the wall (which hurts and makes it really hard to aim), or do what Ashley and I ended up doing-shake your brush really really really really hard really really really fast to make tiny paint drops fling all over the wall. The bad part about this method, other than it making your arm rediculously tired and sore, is that just as much paint flings backwards as it does forwards...thus we were EXTREMELY paint covered. I had a doctors appointment after tech on wednesday, and I had to run in the bathroom and scrub paint off of my arms, face, neck, etc (luckily I had a change of clothes), and it was still all in my hair. Actually, even today, there is still some in my hair, after being washed many times. We kept flinging paint on eachother accidentally, which made us crack up constantly, so that was fun, but I didn't realize until I got home that it also ment some of the spattered paint flew in my mouth so I had some lovely blue and red spots on my teeth. My shoes look hillarious lol-Andrew Dunn asked me if I painted them and I was like "uhh...not intentionally!" The point of spattering is to add texture to the surfaces-we have brick buildings and they don't look worn or very 3D or anything, so we tried spattering to help that....Ms. Winter likes it, but Ashley and I think it basically looks like someone exploded and had some interesting colored blood. Seriously...You know when you play a gory video game and you shoot someone and the screen shows a big blood splatter? Thats practically what the walls look like now, except not only red, but blue, green, and pink. We haven't gotten to see what it looks like from the house with the lights on yet, since we just got a new lighting system that is still being worked on, so I'm hoping it wont look so strange from the audience's point of view. Band...If I can't think of the name of the song we played a few years ago I'm going to go nuts. I went through over half of the music in the band music library today and I couldn't find it and it's driving me crazy. We played it sophomore year, and it was really long-only like 3 pages but a ton of repeats and AHHHH IT'S DRIVING ME INSANE! I did find the piece Kara and I have been trying to remember the name of all year though-Jubulant Prelude. I'm typing it in here so I can reference it when we forget again lol. I'm going to go through my old blog posts and see if I mentioned that song around the concert time. Anyway, we haven't heard anything else about changing parts so I don't know what's going on with that, and the music we're working on for state contest sounds pretty decent-hopefully it will sound even better by Tuesday, which is our prestate festival concert at Athens Drive High School. We go on at 6:30 if anyone would like to come watch.

Guys and Dolls tickets go on sale to the public on Monday and they will sell out REALLY fast-they're already going like crazy just from actor's and techie's friends and families. So if you want a ticket, give me your $7 this weekend and tell me which night (March 7, 9, 10, and 11 at 7:30PM) you want to go. I'd love to go see an actual performance instead of the dress rehersal, but I don't want to go alone, so if anyone wants to come with me, any night, let me know!

Random thought of the day: You know that song, "When You Got It, Flaunt It" (it's in The Producers)? It's been stuck in my head all day. Don't flaunt it. Showing off something obvious only makes others feel worse, and when the other person is trying really hard to be nice about it, hearing that kind of thing is awful.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?