<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, February 20, 2006

Wow it's been a long time since I've blogged.

Life has been a roller coaster lately. I've had days where all I wanted to do was cry and I've had days where I felt like dancing. It's weird though, because a lot of times it's totally random. The strangest things put me in the best moods. Like the other day...Anna asked me to edit a paper she had to write for English and it had been a horrible day and when she asked that it made me really really happy. And we had sectionals in band the other day and I was practically dancing around the music room-which is saying something considering the size of that room, the file cabinets, the table, 4 chairs and 3 music stands in it. It's a little strange but I guess that parts a good thing. Unfortunately it sometimes works in reverse as well.

German is still hard-I'm doing well but it takes me FOREVER to get anything done. I got a 98 on our last test but I only finished like 2/3 of it in class and had to come after school to do the rest. It's a good thing Frau is so nice about those kind of things; other teachers would say "oh well the blank parts will just be counted wrong." Stat is pretty easy and it's making me be a slacker lol. I hardly pay attention and I breeze through the homework I'm doing fine so that's cool. The labs we'll do at the end of the year sound fun. Normally they do them as the class goes along, but we don't have time this year because of the AP exam and starting so late. After the exam, we get to eat chocolate chip cookies to compare taste ratings to brand/price, do a cool launching thingie called "Gummi Bears in Space," and other such cool stuff. Sometimes I feel like I'm living for lunch and tech theater. I've been going off with Matt and Dave, and they're awesome, pretty much my only true Apex friends that are my age. Younger Apex people, don't get me wrong, I love you and you're wonderful, but this is about lunch and I don't even have the same lunch period as most of you and those that I do stay on. Anyway, Matt, Dave, and I have a tendancy to run into a group of kids from tech theater so we hang out with them sometimes too. They're nice. It's amazing to see how some people's personalities change when they're not around Ms. Bate lol. Tech is awesome. Set design is definitly taking longer than we expected, but it looks really cool. Stencils took FOREVER to cut out and laminate and cut out again and paint, but the letters turned out really cool, especially the ones on Ray's Bar. Mindy's...well let's just say I can't paint in a straight line to save my life but it turned out kinda wavey so I guess it looks ok lol. Everyone is like "woah" now that the letters are up, because before it was just a platform with a lot of random boxes on it and it looked kinda stupid, but now it's cool. So yeah, everyone come see the play! I can get tickets before they go on sale to the public, but if you want one you need to give me your money first! The play is March 7, 9, 10, and 11, at 7:30PM. Tickets are $7. If you want to go with someone in particular, you need to both give me your money and specify that because we have to pick actual seats, like row and numbers...I know all the Apexians are like "duh, this is how it always works" so this is mainly for the Broughton people who might want to come. Tickets sell fast and you can't buy them at the door because they'll be sold out long before then. So come see the play (Guys and Dolls) because Dave and Jill are in it and because the two of them and I did tech work! Wow that felt like an advertisement. Anyway, back to my description of stuff...Band is ok...we're working on State Contest music now...and I really really don' want to move down to 3rd part but I have a feeling I'm going to have to. And that sucks because I've never been on 3rd part, ever, and it's my senior year. Bleh. Amber and Marissa are both really good but I miss having the melody.

Social stuff...ummm....

Went to Ruth's party a while ago, which was awesome. I love that group of people. I don't know them all that well and yet I feel completely comfortable around them and that rules. Jonathan asked me to do something with them again a few days ago but I couldn't because of scholarship stuff, and that made me sad.

I went out with the Broughton people on Friday to see Pink Panther, which was hillarious though strange lol. I don't think I've ever seen any of the old versions so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I should've known that the Broughton kids always make me grin at anything, no matter how stupid, anyway lol. I love how people "whisper" (really loudly) comments in the middle of the movie so that all the people around us crack up...Like in the beginning it showed the cartoon Pink Panther and it kinda had a big butt and it was dancing and Brian was like "Man, look at that a**" and we all about died laughing because so many other people heard him. After the movie, I went back to Kelly and Lisa's house with Marc, and we watched Chitty-Chitty Bang-Bang. I own it but I got it when I was really little and I watched the beginning, got bored, turned it off, and never finished it. I'm glad I did though; it's so cute! It reminds me a little bit of Bedknobs and Broomsticks. Then we laughed at Marc because he fell asleep during the movie and snored to the beat of the music-when it got faster, so did his snoring lol and it was really weird. I got to have my first "real" discussion with Lisa, which was nice. She's awesome and I'm glad we finally got to talk and get to know eachother better. Oh and Kelly and Marc officially make the best chocolate milkshakes ever!

I got to see Anna for the first time in AGES yesterday. We went prom dress shopping at Crabtree (we didn't even get lost! on the way there!) and I found a really pretty dress. It's a bright watermelon pink dress and not like anything I would normally pick out, but I really like it. It has a cool neckline thingie that looks like a halter but it isn't, and it kinda takes the place of a necklace so I don't have to find one to wear with it. It laces up in the back, which I was worried about, because mine did that last year and I had the worst time trying to find a bra I could wear with it and I went crazy with the one I ended up with...and this dress doesn't go far enough to the sides that I could even wear the one from last year...so I was skeptical when I put it on...and guess what?! IT HAS WIRE IN IT AND I DONT HAVE TO WEAR A BRA and that makes me really happy hahaha. I love saying things like that really loud in the middle of the mall and making people around me laugh hahaha.

So now all I need for prom are earrings...AND A DATE! WHO WANTS TO BE MY PROM DATE?

Oh and I still need someone to room with at UNCW. I still can't believe no girls I know from Apex or Broughton are going there that I know of. I emailed my guidence counselor earlier and asked if he knows who else is going so that maybe I can talk to one of them, so hopefully he'll get back to me on that soon, because housing info came today.

So other than that stuff, mostly what I've been up to lately is scholarship applications. I'm soooooo sick of them and I have a lot left to do. Yuck. You know what really made me think the other day though? One of the forms asked me to describe what a true friendship is and part of my answer was something like "A true friend is there when something is wrong but doesn't abandon you when everything is alright." I had my dad look over it before I sent it in, and when he got to that sentence, he asked, "Isn't that kind of backwards? I would think a true friend is someone who is there when everything is alright but doesn't abandon you when something is wrong." It shocked me. It made me kind of sad really, knowing that that's how my friendships have been this year-backwards. 90% of my friends only act like my friends when I'm upset about something. Backwards. It's just dissappointing to realize. Broughton people aren't like that-I can hang out with them and be accepted no matter what's going on. And most of the younger Apex people are fine too. But nearly all of the ones that I know the best and I've known the longest...our relationship is backwards.

Ok I'd better go work on my math hw

Leave me some comment love!

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?