<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Updating because it's been a long time.

Not too much has happened the last few weeks. I got sick...yuck...either a mild case of the flu that showed up negative on the test or a virus very similar to it...and then it turned into a sinus infection, so I went to the doctor twice within 4 days. Fun stuff. My uncle died...which was sad because of the usual sadness associated with death, but in a way I think it was a good thing. He's been sick for years-he was diabetic and had heart problems so that he couldn't even stand up for more than a few minutes at a time. He couldn't work, and his brain went...downhill I guess...over the last few years. Kinda like memory loss but...I dunno. So he's had to spend almost all of the time sitting on a couch watching tv for many years now. Anyway...He got pneumonia and it just took over and made his body shut down. I'm glad that he's in a better place now. I feel bad for my aunt, but oddly enough I actually feel worse for my uncle's dog, Molly. She's a big doverman and she was always extremely protective of my uncle. She wouldn't let many people get near him and now that he's gone, she just seems lost. My cousin did the sweetest thing for the funeral though...she works at a florist...and she took this model of Molly that my uncle had and used it as a decoration for a flower wreath to be put by his grave, and she put a ribbon across it that said "Molly." Everyone said afterwards that if he could have been there to see it, the flowers "from Molly" would've been the ones he cared about the most. So that was sweet. Unfortunately I couldn't be there to be with my family...partially because I was sick and partially because I would've missed three days of school so my parents wouldn't let me. So I stayed home sick alone and that kinda sucked but oh well. I missed a good bit of school...I was kind of afraid to come to the play Thursday night because Mr. Rowe was there and I hadn't been in band all week and it's almost time for State Festival and yeah...but I figured coughing up blood was a reasonable excuse to not play my clarinet for a few days lol.

So speaking of the play...It was awesome. The actors and actresses were great and the pit was awesome and all the props and scenery stuff was cool too. Jill's dad taped it and I'm going to try to have a gathering soon to watch it if anyone would like to see it and didn't get a chance...or if they just want to see it again lol.

On Saturday I saw the Cary play. The acting was very well done, especially Annanananna and that kid that played the really dorky nephew lol. The one thing I must say against their play was that the techinical parts...weren't so good. At first I thought I was just being over critical because of tech theater or something, but when we could hardly hear some of the soloists because the mics kept turning on and off, and when the spot light was bigger than the stage and then shrunk, aimed at the soloist and cut off the top half of his head, and when the house lights (like...the ones over the audience's head lol) kept randomly turning off and on...yeah. Lol. But I'm still glad I went and so did Jill, Ashley, two Austins, Kelly, and Lisa, so that was cool.

I went to Steven's last night for a kinda mini birthday thing...and I must paraphrase Rachel's part of the devotional at youth tonight because it's quite true. "We spent most of the evening hanging out with parents and talking...and as dorky as it sounds, it was fun." No, I'm not kidding. Matt's mom and Steven's parents were there, and we just hung out and talked with them about college stuff and graduation stuff and vacation plans and random stuff like that and played with the dog and the bird. It was unlike a steriotypical 18th bday party lol but we all had a really good time.

Stuff coming up soon...Mississippi Katrina relief over spring break...much fun. I'm not good friends with anyone going but I'll live. Jen Whit is going and a few other people I kinda know. State contest is thursday...woot. Umm...still need to fill out two more scholarship things...and I think that's about it lol. I'm just trying to concentrate on those things and then think about fun stuff I get to do this summer...ASP, AOSP, Bald Head Island with Rachel, beach with my family though I'm not really looking forward to that lol...woot sitting in a room crocheting and watching tv for a week because all the kids there my age hate me and I'm sick of giving them chances to be nice. They beg every year and then turn on me and that's why I haven't gone for the last two years. No such luck this year though, but at least I only have to stay for a week instead of two because of mission projects.

Gnight.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?